• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

I didn't know Brandon Stroud posted on Gaf.

I'm not a hack writer.
I'm a hack photographer! LOL

I had no idea Veda wrestled too. Awesome

Also, is Anarchy the fed that had the awesome Archibald Peck/Robert D. Evans vs Portia Perez feud?

Yep.

Where's Anarchy run out of? Also, I love me some Christina Von Eerie and I don't even like tattoos.

Austin, TX. They also run shows in the San Antonio metro, in a 'burb called Live Oak. That's where the show is tomorrow.

Khrno

Holy shit

tumblr_m63ruoxXcQ1qhgnyeo1_1280.jpg

Classic All Japan show here, featuring a green as grass Tommy Dreamer taking on Akira Taue, an awesome 6-man gaijin tag battle between Stan Hansen & The Can-Am Express and Steve Williams, Johnny Ace & Johnny Smith - then, the inexperienced trio of Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori & Tamon Honda face a tough test against living legend Giant Baba, All Japan great Jumbo Tsuruta, and the best young star on the roster, Mitsuharu Misawa. Finally, in an EPIC main event match, the legendary 60-minute encounter between AJPW Triple Crown Champion Toshiaki Kawada and challenger Kenta Kobashi.

If you've never seen the main event and have an hour to spare, seriously check it out. Amazing match.

All Japan Pro-Wrestling, "GEKITOU OSAKA EMAKI", 1995.01.19
Osaka Furitsu Taiikukaikan

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x24d05

01. Tommy Dreamer vs Akira Taue

02. Stan Hansen & The Can-Am Express (Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat) vs 'Dr Death' Steve Williams, Johnny Ace & Johnny Smith

03. Giant Baba, Jumbo Tsuruta & Mitsuharu Misawa vs Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori & Tamon Honda

AJPW TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH;

04. Toshiaki Kawada (c) vs Kenta Kobashi

Yo, Boots!:

Wish you were here in Texas tomorrow.

I'm going to Anarchy Championship Wrestling's "American Joshi Queen of Queens Tournament"

Man, that's a good line-up. Super jealous. Hope Athena wins it!

Pristine_Condition said:
...I'll have a hard time not booing Portia. :(

I'd have a hard time booing her anyway, Portia is just too awesome.

PortiaPerez.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Vince is kind of obsessed with the McMahon Irish heritage, if you hadn't noticed.
I would have loved to see Finlay as champion, instead of another useless face Batista run like Steph wanted. Sometimes, I think the reason the WWE sucks is because HHH & Steph are holding back the more ridiculous of Vince ideas.

Enough about the past! Let's talk about the present!

Lets.

Ring of Honor - Best in the World 2012: Hostage Crisis - Live, worldwide on iPPV from New York City. 5PM EST/3PM PST/10PM GMT

ib2xSelsoF2ImI.jpg

http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv - $14.95 (that's probably about as much as you spend at Starbucks)

ROH WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH - ANYTHING GOES;
'Professional Wrestling's Worst Nightmare' Kevin Steen (c) defends against 'The American Wolf' Davey Richards

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) defend against The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH;
'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay vs 'Unbreakable' Michael Elgin w/ Truth Martini

ROH WORLD TV TITLE 3-WAY ELIMINATION MATCH;
Roderick Strong defends against former champion Jay Lethal & "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa

FIRST TIME ENCOUNTER - FORMER WORLD CHAMPIONS DO BATTLE;
'Die Hard' Eddie Edwards vs 'Notorious 187' Homicide

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH;
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs the Guardians of Truth w/ Truth Martini

HYBRID FIGHTING RULES (fuck you Cornette);
Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

Outstanding.

Glad I'm getting this for free

Same here. ROH have apparently brought in some outside company to manage the iPPV tonight, seeing as ROH and, by extension, their network TV broadcasting owners, were too inept to do it by themselves - so hopefully it will go off without any major problems. But even so, the card isn't the most inspiring.

I'm sure Steen vs Davey will be great, but I'm dreading a Davey win (even more so if he doesn't turn heel)

I don't care in the slightest about the tag title match - WGTT are really starting to bore me, and while I like ANX (well, mostly Kenny King) I feel like ROH should have already pulled the trigger there. Hopefully they will do so tonight and we'll have new tag champs.

Finlay vs Elgin is honestly the match I'm most looking forward to. If this is anything but an all-out war, I'll be disappointed.

The TV title 3-way could potentially steal the show, but I think Roderick is walking out with the title.

Eddie vs Homicide has lacklustre written all over it.

Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly - a match I would have loved to see open the show, under any other circumstances. Damn Cornette and his MMA hard-on.

I think she is still fine, that weird look is just for the competition

Aksana's (Živilė Raudonienė) weird look from her bodybuilding days was temp too

Cagey

Banned
Heading to ROH Hostage Crisis now. Should be good, for the most part.

Look for me! I'll be the white guy, in the wrestling shirt.

Khrno

14. AJ

10. Ryback
9. Santino
8. Christian
7. Alberto Del Rio
6. Big Show

5. Daniel Bryan

Power%20Rankings%205%20Bryan.jpg

4. Kane

Power%20Rankings%204%20Kane.jpg

3. CM Punk

Power%20Rankings%203%20Punk.jpg

2. Sheamus

Power%20Rankings%202%20Sheamus.jpg

1. John Cena

tumblr_lg3ythgqWp1qzh0wto1_250.gif

Everything is right in WWE land.

Briscoes vs Guardians of Truth was an OK opener - the Guardians were apparently Mosh & Thrasher under the mask. Next, Homicide and Edwards had a good hard hitting bout, and now O'Reilly and Cole are having that silly hybrid fighting rule match. Half the crowd are into it, half are chanting "SUPER DRAGON!" for no reason.

Top Bottom