• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Officially signed for CHIKARA's show 'The Great Escape' on July 28th in Portland, ME;

For the Grand Championship of CHIKARA!
iMPuexEllnary.jpg

Can't wait for this one, loved Sara's match with El Generico a few months back, and her match against Claudio last year, and it's awesome to see a promotion take female wrestlers seriously.

http://theatomicelbow.bigcartel.com/

The artist, Box Brown, had the image on the inside of the 2nd issue of The Atomic Elbow Fanzine. They decided to make it into a print. There is also a print for the 1983 rankings.

The 'zines are $5 each, and totally worth the price. The guy who makes them always throws in cool extra stuff like old WCW trading cards, random fliers, etc. Box Brown also did a comic in the first Atomic Elbow issue. I know that BillRiccio and myself have mentioned these before, but I really hope more of you decide to check the zines out!
I got issue one. Didn't know 2 was out yet.

Aiii

So not worth it
If you're betting against Germany you'd make a big mistake. Clearly they're going through.

In fact, they're beating Spain in the finals too.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You missing out on the twitter girls too.
Everyone keeps telling me this. One of my best friends met his current girl through twitter, but I don't get how it happens. Me and this girl actually know each other outside of fb, but people seem to just spark random relationships through twitter.

Khrno

Everyone keeps telling me this. One of my best friends met his current girl through twitter, but I don't get how it happens. Me and this girl actually know each other outside of fb, but people seem to just spark random relationships through twitter.

Just tweet them a pic where you're wearing a mask, #KaneIsMyGod, you'll get her and every Kane fangirl's attention.

Keyser, I just registered to Paddypower. Is this site legit?

Paddy Power is one of the bigger bookmakers int he UK/Ireland.

Only real problem is there customer service is kinda terrible - but it gets the job done if you needed

Bet on Osters. They have terrible odds for the upcoming match (as they are playign bottom of the league), but they have good odds usually. They have never lost this season in their league.

WWE%2BNXT%2BLogo%2B2011.png

WWE NXT 6/27/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9m8rP55To0

Seth Rollins vs. Jiro
Jinder Mahal vs. Jason Jordan
Leo Kruger vs. Aiden English
The Usos vs. The Ascension
Richie Steamboat vs. Rick Victor
Antonio Cesaro vs. Dante Dash
Johnny Curtis vs. Derek Bateman

Thoughts:

- Seth Rollins still looks like he's trying to be a Go-Bot version of CM Punk.
- Jinder is awesome, wish they would let him work more promos in English though (I also wish he was face but that would never happen).
- Ascension is the most laughably over the top entrances/themes I've ever seen. I feel like they have a high chance of becoming joke characters fast.
- Cesaro has new music that is more like what I'd expect they would give him just as I was growing to like his upbeat theme. Not sure how I feel about this, other than thinking that they should have paid for the rights to Rammstein.
- Bray Wyatt promos continue to hype.
-Curtis and Bateman feel like they're stuck in a weird NXT purgatory, wherein they'll have to fight each other daily until the end of time. Each day one of them must be destroyed and then the battles starts anew the next morning. I think that makes them Odin and Surtur

UberTag

-Curtis and Bateman feel like they're stuck in a weird NXT purgatory, wherein they'll have to fight each other daily until the end of time. Each day one of them must be destroyed and then the battles starts anew the next morning. I think that makes them Odin and Surtur
Eventually, they'll make the big leagues and be stuck wrestling each other for another 10 years... just like Ziggles and Kofi.

Perhaps they'll break through the glass ceiling and get a chance to gain some notoriety and recognition for themselves once Cena retires at the ripe old age of 60.

YES shirt
D.Bry tap or snap shirt
CM Punk Best in the World shirt (2 of them)
Dragon Gate shirt
WCW shirt
KotR shirt

I wear them all in public. I really don't see what the big deal is.

Nelo Ice

Banned
YES shirt
D.Bry tap or snap shirt
Dragon Gate shirt
WCW shirt
KotR shirt

Me neither, not sure why its such a mark of shame to wear a wrestling shirt. Only reason I can even think of is that it looks like crap in which case I wouldn't even buy the shirt in the first place.

Aiii

So not worth it
YES shirt
D.Bry tap or snap shirt
Dragon Gate shirt
WCW shirt
KotR shirt

Neither do I, first off, most people could give two shits about what you wear. Secondly, those that do you probably don't give two shits about.

So fuck it, wear it with pride. I love wearing my YES! shirt.

Eventually, they'll make the big leagues and be stuck wrestling each other for another 10 years... just like Ziggles and Kofi.

Perhaps they'll break through the glass ceiling and get a chance to gain some notoriety and recognition for themselves once Cena retires at the ripe old age of 60.

Future robotics will be advanced enough that Cena will replace damaged limbs with robotic ones, WWE would sooner turn Cena into a robotic husk with his one hundred year old heart barely functioning in the cold metal shell than elevate new talent so I consider this a high possibility.

Khrno

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/28/2871964/florida-supercon-features-comics.html

- Raven recently spoke with The Miami Herald about wrestling, the battle between good and evil and how wrestling fans and comic fans cross over. Here is what he had to say…

"That is what it's really all about. I feel that is why wrestling fans are drawn to comic books, and comic book fans are drawn to wrestling.

"I think it's the same sense of black and white. You don't get that in real life. It's even more like wrestling when wrestling is done right. They did this storyline in WWE where Bret Hart was always the good guy, but the people started to turn on him. Bret thought he was doing all the white hat stuff but didn't understand why the fans weren't cheering for him.

"In Canada they would cheer him, but outside Canada they would boo him. They were tired of him being a good guy for whatever reason. What a true hero would do is walk off into the sunset, but he would complain about it. He had a very good point of view, but he did it in such a way that he was the villain.

"It is kind of like Magneto. His whole point is that his kind is going to be feared and treated like crap because they are mutants. He doesn't take the Charles Xavier way of trying to work within the system. Magneto takes it too far and takes it outside the system to become a sort of terrorist. When evil has a point of view that you can identify with, that's what makes it best.

"When there is shades of gray to it, but it's not so gray that you get confused. Wrestling when it's done best, there is nothing like it. Today wrestling has become too cookie-cutter. It's almost why I was able to step away from comic books when I did because they were getting too cookie-cutter and too much stuff out there. They are both morality play."

-After WWE's recent announcement of a new weekly television show on the ION Network in October (WWE Main Event), there is concern that the product will be overexposed, especially since RAW will be going three hours on a permanent basis in July. However, WWE is set to make millions of dollars per year from TV rights fees for the new shows.

The extra hour of RAW and the new Main Event will be filmed during nights when WWE is already running television tapings, so the cost to produce both is low.

While Ion is the 8th most popular broadcast network in the United States, millions of fans who do not have cable will now have access to the new show. Between that and the TV rights fees, WWE thinks the new show will be successful.

Ithil

Thoughts:

- Seth Rollins still looks like he's trying to be a Go-Bot version of CM Punk.
- Jinder is awesome, wish they would let him work more promos in English though (I also wish he was face but that would never happen).
- Ascension is the most laughably over the top entrances/themes I've ever seen. I feel like they have a high chance of becoming joke characters fast.
- Cesaro has new music that is more like what I'd expect they would give him just as I was growing to like his upbeat theme. Not sure how I feel about this, other than thinking that they should have paid for the rights to Rammstein.
- Bray Wyatt promos continue to hype.

Mahal turns more and more Hindu every time I see him. Eventually he'll look like the leader of the Kwik-E-Mart

UberTag

Mahal turns more and more Hindu every time I see him. Eventually he'll look like the leader of the Kwik-E-Mart
That would make for an amazing gimmick repackage.
Make him a face Apu ripoff that runs a merchandise stand at ringside.
He leaves his booth to wrestle whenever miscreant heels try to swipe his stock, vandalize his statue of Ganesha or knock over his magazine racks.

Kyoufu

I wish I used paddy power for Punk's title reign. Could have made millions.

I think Punk is still favourite to win at MITB. It's basically his PPV now.

krae_man

That would make for an amazing gimmick repackage.
Make him a face Apu ripoff that runs a merchandise stand at ringside.
He leaves his booth to wrestle whenever miscreant heels try to swipe his stock, vandalize his statue of Ganesha or knock over his magazine racks.

If he ever says "A Jolly Rancher is not a sprinke" I'll lose it.

Ithil

It's a bit embarrassing how much better NXT's roster is than RAW/SD's now that the FCW guys have been added.

You've got Rollins, Wyatt, Steamboat, Ascension, Cesaro (though he's on SD a bit too), and of course, Ambrose. What's more they're all in focus, they get matches every week and video packages, etc. No bullshit angles so far, just good young workers.

The likes of Rollins or Steamboat have an uphill battle in that they're another two smaller, faster wrestlers, which Vince still doesn't exactly adore.

I hope he takes a shine to Cesaro, though. Dude might not be 300 pounds but he's strong as an ox, exactly what Vince loves. Plus of course, he's an awesome wrestler, unlike so many other strong guys Vince has pushed.

Apparently CHIKARA wrestler Jigsaw will be working the Impact show tonight, probably in a dark match;

MduHD.jpg

TNA definitely needs more X-Division guys, and Jigsaw would be a good start. Just don't let him talk too much. Or take his mask off.

Ithil

Apparently CHIKARA wrestler Jigsaw will be working the Impact show tonight, probably in a dark match;

MduHD.jpg

TNA definitely needs more X-Division guys, and Jigsaw would be a good start. Just don't let him talk too much. Or take his mask off.

Full mask guys (not a Kane type mask, I mean Lucha masks) really shouldn't talk too much anyway, simply on account of it usually sounding like the Pyro.

Ithil

On NXT again, I'm still shocked at how great the Bray Wyatt character is so far. I always thought Husky Harris was a pretty good big man wrestler, agile for his size like Vader or Bam Bam Bigelow, but I had no idea he had such great promos in him.

He's already got that elusive "hang onto every word he says" charisma/confidence that even some main eventers in the WWE don't have. Plus it's a more complex character than we usually get in WWE today, I really hope they don't neuter it for WWE TV. It might be too edgy for PG.

RBH

MduHD.jpg

I welcome more X-Division type guys from the indies in TNA.

TNA has BADLY needed some fresh new blood in the X-Division for years now.

Hell, I would even love it if they brought back Sonjay Dutt, as he was better than alot of the recent X-Division additions that they've made.

I own a Shawn Michaels shirt, CM Punk Best in the World shirt (and I cut the stupid WWE tag off the front and would generally wear it with a jacket so the back was covered), a Kick Ass, Chew Bubblegum shirt from Barber Shop Window, and this Ultramantis Black shirt:
distort_sm.jpg

I've never worn the HBK one in public, used to wear the Punk one often enough, but the Mantis one is in my regular weekend/evening rotation. I've received quite a few compliments on the Ultramantis one, never on the Punk one.

It's a bit embarrassing how much better NXT's roster is than RAW/SD's now that the FCW guys have been added.

You've got Rollins, Wyatt, Steamboat, Ascension, Cesaro (though he's on SD a bit too), and of course, Ambrose. What's more they're all in focus, they get matches every week and video packages, etc. No bullshit angles so far, just good young workers.

If you asked me to put together a "best possible" roster of current WWE/FCW guys it would probably look very similar to NXT. Although Ambrose has been pretty conspicuous in his absence on the program (and even in the opening credits) are we sure that he's on it?

Top Bottom