• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

So is that NXT show better than Raw/Smackdown?

6tZZd.gif

No Bryan on it.

But it's better than Raw and SD when Bryan isn't on them.

So is that NXT show better than Raw/Smackdown?

- Real commentary
- 85% of the show is wrestling (and the rest so far have been introductory promos/vignettes)
- The show's theme song isn't shit-era Green Day or fucking Nickelback
- No god awful authority figure storyline

It still needs to get it's footing a bit (roughly half of the matches are obvious squashes), but it's still better, yes.

Ithil

- Real commentary
- 85% of the show is wrestling (and the rest so far have been introductory promos/vignettes)
- The show's theme song isn't shit-era Green Day or fucking Nickelback
- No god awful authority figure storyline

It still needs to get it's footing a bit (roughly half of the matches are obvious squashes), but it's still better, yes.

Most of them are introducing wrestlers, so short squashes are to be expected in the WWE Style. It depends on how long they expect some of the developmental guys to be there, but I assume after the initial few episodes (the ones filmed that day at Full Sail University) are done some of the FCW guys will get the longer main event matches and the overall number of matches will be reduced in favour of length.

DMczaf

Halle Berry to host Raw?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/the...reslin-wwe-studios-troika-pictures-financing/

EXCLUSIVE: WWE Studios and Troika Pictures are teaming to co-produce and co-finance The Hive, starring Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin. The thriller, to be directed by Brad Anderson (The Machinist, Transsiberian), was written by Rich D’Ovidio (Exit Wounds, Thir13en Ghosts) and based on a story by Rich D’Ovidio, Nicole D’Ovidio and Jon Bokencamp. In the film, an emergency call center operator (Berry) takes a call from a teenage girl (Breslin) who has been abducted and carried away in the trunk of a car. The kidnapping plays out in real time as Jordan and Casey work together to track down the killer.

Kaladin

NXT needs a belt. After say.....five successful defenses of the NXT belt, the champion should be able to cash in and move up to the main roster.

Kaladin

Officially added to the TNA Destination X PPV:

*Ultimate X to crown a new X-Division champion.

*TNA Tag Team champion AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels - Last Man Standing.

*Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle in a Bound for Glory series match.

Holy crap Destination X is looking awesome.

Brinbe

NXT needs a belt. After say.....five successful defenses of the NXT belt, the champion should be able to cash in and move up to the main roster.

Good idea... but yeah, 2nd show was decent. Perhaps not as good as the first week, but still better than most of Raw/SD. Props to Rotundo, because Bray Wyatt is a great character.

And shit @ the above. Joe-Angle and Styles-Daniels are probably worth watching for alone. TNA isn't fucking around.

I own a Shawn Michaels shirt, CM Punk Best in the World shirt (and I cut the stupid WWE tag off the front and would generally wear it with a jacket so the back was covered), a Kick Ass, Chew Bubblegum shirt from Barber Shop Window, and this Ultramantis Black shirt:
distort_sm.jpg

I've never worn the HBK one in public, used to wear the Punk one often enough, but the Mantis one is in my regular weekend/evening rotation. I've received quite a few compliments on the Ultramantis one, never on the Punk one.

I have this Ultra Mantis Black shirt also and wear it at least once a week... The ladies love it. My Bad Brains UMB shirt is the real prize of my collection though.

Also a follow up to bart jr talking about the Atomic Elbow zine, I highly recommend picking up both issues ,some of the most entertaining reading about wrestling available. Plus the extra goodies are amazing, I got a Meng trading card last time!!!

I own a Shawn Michaels shirt, CM Punk Best in the World shirt (and I cut the stupid WWE tag off the front and would generally wear it with a jacket so the back was covered), a Kick Ass, Chew Bubblegum shirt from Barber Shop Window, and this Ultramantis Black shirt:
distort_sm.jpg

That's a really awesome T-Shirt. I have the Punk Best in the World T-Shirt That i love to wear with a hoodie, though its rather big on me nowadays. Other than the Yes! shirt, Dunno what other shirts to get. Any other wrestling shirts from other promotions that are just well designed like Ultramantis?

Kaladin

My proposed OT for July:

20120210_MIB_header.png

Former Ring of Honor World Champion & Current WWE Champion CM Punk vs Former Ring of Honor World Champion Daniel Bryan

20120622_ARTICLE_MITB_punk_bryan_C.jpg

tna-destination-x-austin-aries_02.jpg

2x Former Ring of Honor World Champion and Current TNA X-Division Champion Austin Aries vs TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode

600697_10150939993486026_1539190121_n.jpg

BCX5X.jpg

Featuring....
Former Ring Of Honor World Champion Seth Rollins

28kSH.png

Just got word from my cousin that he got presale tickets for the Austin Smackdown go-home show right before Summerslam.

So I went to the Erwin Center site to see where our tickets were and I saw this description:

WWE SmackDown will return to Austin Aug. 14 for an action-packed evening featuring your favorite Superstars!

***2-on-1 Handicap Match***
Per the WWE Board of Directors, John Laurinaitis must fulfill his contractual obligations and team up with Big Show to take on John Cena.

WWE COO Triple H will be there live!

ALSO FEATURING:
SHEAMUS
SIN CARA
ALBERTO DEL RIO
THE DIVAS
… and many, many more!

Card is subject to change.

Fuck. Fuckety-Fuck fuck. Fuck.

The only good thing I can see about this is
CM Punk v. D-Bry might still be going on...

Top Bottom