• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

WTF with all this premature crap...Ruined last month's thread title with early start ups now this....

Damn.....

Clearly tonight's live episode of Impact would have taken us over the 20k posts threshold.

As per wrasslin' tradition, I blame the OP of last month's thread for the dramatic 25% decline in posts and 17% drop in viewership from April. It was even out done by Triple H month (February).

SAVE_US.TNA

Kaladin

We are almost 48 hours away from the iPPV event of the millennium!!!!!!

Every match on the card has a reason for being on the card!

Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur - June 2nd - $14.99

izV3fE5bFCWdg.jpg

Five of CHIKARA's Finest Wage War on GEKIDO!
iGHHUl0mIXLLm.jpg

Lucha de Apuesta: Mask vs. Hair!
iQftSUvmVt8KY.jpg

Championship Bout: Two out of Three Falls!
ib240U7e54tbMB.jpg

Ladder Match!
LOAsQ.jpg

3-on-2 Handicap Match!
ibrTTU1f90QBcS.jpg

CHIKARA's Most Devious Duke it Out!
iLfwy4WbaaF1k.jpg

Loser Leaves Town!
iG1prbYizuFPy.jpg

18 minutes till live Impact. I am afraid that this show has me so excited.......this is the time for TNA to rise up, raw is so bad that even an average show by TNA will fell like a big deal. You guys really should tune in if possible, Impact has been a lot of fun ever since the Lockdown hype began.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
most liked youtube comment: Kane deserves more than juz the ECW Title. He should hold both the world heavyweight and wwe title

Is that you soulplaya?
I don't post on youtube. Besides, what are you doing reading the youtube comments, shouldn't you be watching the wrestling, huh????

The UFC already did that by themselves.

No wait, the WWE already did that by themselves.

More like a combo of the WWE doing it to themselves, WWE not listening to Heyman telling them to reject Ultimate Fighter in the post-Raw timeslot on Spike, and UFC taking the ball from there.

I want Kane versus Fake Kane in a Singapore Kane match at WWF Kane in your house. Is that too much to ask for?!

Coming to think of it when does Cena get a ppv or tv show named after him? no wonder he couldn't beat The Rock, Rock has Rock Bottom and Smackdown, Cena has zilch.

Kaladin

For anyone that doesn't watch Chikara, this is a nice write up of the main event feud for the iPPV Saturday:

(spoilered for anyone that has not watched recent Chikara shows that may want to)
Five of CHIKARA's finest will wage war on GEKIDO this weekend in Philadelphia, PA – Grand Champion Eddie Kingston, Grand Slam Winner Jigsaw, Soldier Ant, Fire Ant and Green Ant (Team CHIKARA) will take on 17, The Shard, assailANT, combatANT and deviANT (Team GEKIDO) in an explosive 10-man tag! All 10 competitors have fought relentlessly for the past few months without a resolution and neither side will budge. This all started in February at our "Caught in the Spider's Den" event when GEKIDO made their unceremonious debut by attacking Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw, Fire Ant and Soldier Ant. The maniacal invaders felt slighted by their treatment at the Wrestle Factory – the same Wrestle Factory that produced amazing CHIKARA stars such as Eddie Kingston, The Colony, Jigsaw, Hallowicked, UltraMantis Black, etc. GEKIDO said they deserved more opportunity, possessed more talent than their peers and would take what’s “rightfully theirs!” The next month in Canada, 17 injured Quackenbush while earning GEKIDO's first victory. That same weekend, the rest of GEKIDO ran wild as they attacked their technico opponents from behind. Soldier Ant’s response to those treacherous actions was making combatANT tap in the center of the ring at "Hot Off the Griddle" weeks later in Chicago. Both teams hold wins over each other, but who will leave the highly-anticipated iPPV victorious? Will this be the final match in their war? Team CHIKARA is ready to send a clear-cut message at "Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur" – GEKIDO’s cowardly actions have proven they’re not worthy of being on the roster and this Saturday, they’re going to receive a beating they’ll never forget!

tl,dr: It's basically what The Nexus should have been but never was.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I want Kane versus Fake Kane in a Singapore Kane match at WWF Kane in your house. Is that too much to ask for?!

Coming to think of it when does Cena get a ppv or tv show named after him? no wonder he couldn't beat The Rock, Rock has Rock Bottom and Smackdown, Cena has zilch.
Remember Rock Bottom: In Your House, or D-Generation X: In Your House? They should make a PPV theme about specific WRESTLERS, as it would really emphasize them as WRESTLING characters, and get them over as WRESTLERS.

A PPV set around Kane, though, would be amazing. Inferno matches, ambulance matches, Singapore Kane matches.

I bet that burns him up inside. But what could they name after Cena? I can't even think of a Cena-themed title for anything.
7 minutes until Impact. Starting off with Sting vs Roode. Watching WWE fans get arrested on Spike before it starts.

Wait, Impact starts at 8?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I bet that burns him up inside. But what could they name after Cena? I can't even think of a Cena-themed title for anything.

Wait, Impact starts at 8?
They switched times to 8 eastern, now. That's the point of this specific Live show, to build up hype and get people used to the new time slot. You didn't know that? What kind of wrestling fan are you?

Somebody quote this so Beef can see it, lol.

Maybe Dixie is going to announce they are going to start going 3 hours and that's the point of the earlier start time? Either that or Spike wanted them earlier to slot Bellator after them in 2013.

Heel

I've turned over a new leaf. It's all wrestling from now on. Top of the line, exquisite wrestling. That's what this thread is about, right?

SoulPlaya, your Wrassle GAF family has rejected you. You could say they burned you alive in your own house.

The time is now. Reveal that what you've been wearing all this time is MMA-GAF red and black. Start posting pictures of Cain.

Nq0X1.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They switched times to 8 eastern, now. That's the point of this specific Live show, to build up hype and get people used to the new time slot. You didn't know that? What kind of wrestling fan are you?

Somebody quote this so Beef can see it, lol.

Hey Beefboy

Remember Rock Bottom: In Your House, or D-Generation X: In Your House? They should make a PPV theme about specific WRESTLERS, as it would really emphasize them as WRESTLING characters, and get them over as WRESTLERS.

A PPV set around Kane, though, would be amazing. Inferno matches, ambulance matches, Singapore Kane matches.

The modern day equivalents would be amazing
WWE Random thrown together tag team: in your house
WWE wrestler trapped by the midcard ceiling in your house
WWE squash wrestler of this month: in your house

Get it? because WWE don't have characters anymore, they've just got guys with bland ass names flung out of a generator and no gimmicks, HAHAHA! LAUGH DAMMIT!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SoulPlaya, your Wrassle GAF family has rejected you. You could say they burned you alive in your own house.

The time is now. Reveal that what you've been wearing all this time is MMA-GAF red and black. Start posting pictures of Cain.

Nq0X1.jpg
Well, I actually am a MMA fan. I loved watching the old WEC, before UFC bought them, and I actually think Bellator is exciting as hell. I don't post much there, but I watch every UFC PPV that I can (though, I do miss a few). Maybe I should, maybe I should. . . . .

Someone quote this, so Beef can see it, lol.

Hey Beefboy
He sees it, he sees it, lol.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well, I actually am a MMA fan. I loved watching the old WEC, before UFC bought them, and I actually think Bellator is exciting as hell. I don't post much there, but I watch every UFC PPV that I can (though, I do miss a few). Maybe I should, maybe I should. . . . .
Join your real friends, friend.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The modern day equivalents would be amazing
WWE Random thrown together tag team: in your house
WWE wrestler trapped by the midcard ceiling in your house
WWE squash wrestler of this month: in your house

Get it? because WWE don't have characters anymore, they've just got guys with bland ass names flung out of a generator and no gimmicks, HAHAHA! LAUGH DAMMIT!
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I remember, as a kid, when Rocky got his own PPV in 1998, and I thought it was so cool. It really put him over the top in my young eyes. I think it would do wonders for Cody Rhodes, for instance.

Join your real friends, friend.
Should I, Ply, should I? Was your thread title a sign?

Top Bottom