• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Wiggum2007

Holy fucking shit!
Ninjas, atomic submarines hidden in frozen lakes, evil dictators with pet chameleons...
This is one of the best video game stories of the year. Anyone who disagrees can suck it!

Man, Miss Santosi is one hell of a slutty revolutionary leader.

justcause22010-03-2621quuw.jpg

:lol

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Lebron said:
Game is pretty fun, but vehicle controls blow clown balls. Though they were pretty bad in the first one so I'm not really surprised.

Playing on the PC with a 360 controller and the controls feel pretty damn good. Which platform?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
brain_stew said:
Man, Miss Santosi is one hell of a slutty revolutionary leader.

http://www.abload.de/img/justcause22010-03-2621quuw.jpg[IMG]
:lol[/QUOTE]
"I heard you were the best. At cunnilingus."

Wag

I assume if you apply any mods to the game no longer qualify for the leaderboards or Steam achievements?

Aesius

I've cleared almost 100 settlements so far. It's still surprisingly fun.

I've done about 5 story missions - they seem alright. But nothing compares to the joy of skillfully taking down 3 SAM sites in a Chippewa, and then wreaking havoc on all of the juicy red explosive stuff down below :D

I just hate having to park the damn chopper to get out and find all of the upgrade parts.

Lebron

EvaPlusMinus said:
Playing on the PC with a 360 controller and the controls feel pretty damn good. Which platform?
Same setup as you. I've gotten use to most of them, outside the Jet controls, but still think they blow chunks.

Has anyone grappled an enemy to a plane before it's about to take off? I keep trying but failing. Either I kill them or I miss the plane :p

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The chemistry between Rico and BOLO something else, you can feel the sexual tension between them, it kind of turns me on.

RotaryAce

Neo Member
Wiggum2007 said:
Holy fucking shit!
Ninjas, atomic submarines hidden in frozen lakes, evil dictators with pet chameleons...
This is one of the best video game stories of the year. Anyone who disagrees can suck it!
"
I hate ninjas.
" is one of the best lines I have heard in a video game all year. "
Either you come with me willingly, or I cut off your hands and bitch slap you with them all the way to where we are going!
" was entertaining to.

Is there anyway to increase the graphics?
Like the draw distance of grass and cars?

My PC can play it all maxed out fine and it seems like it could be better

JRW

Ember128 said:
Just tested out the Video upload Feature on PS3 with a Typical Communications Station take down. When you fail at parachuting and forget to bring ammo, anyways.

Click here to see it!

What button grabs & throws people? Im still early in the game but wasn't sure how you threw that guy off the boat towards the end.

edbrat

this is a strange island, I can assault a military base without too much trouble but god forbid I drive through the wrong hamlet which seems to draw some crack commando army which couldn't arsed to defend its army base a mile down the road :)

great fun so far, am going to focus on the bastard villages of iron resistance for a while before going back to the flashier stuff.

also this thread is nowhere near big enough given how good this game is!

rocK`

Banned
Ember128 said:
Just tested out the Video upload Feature on PS3 with a Typical Communications Station take down. When you fail at parachuting and forget to bring ammo, anyways.

Click here to see it!

man..no offense, but wtf...do you really play that way? run ina nd out and shoot people?

i mean, this game kind of gives it to you when you see a first aid kit and all is OK, but damn, what sloppy gun fighting :(

rocK` said:
man..no offense, but wtf...do you really play that way? run ina nd out and shoot people?

i mean, this game kind of gives it to you when you see a first aid kit and all is OK, but damn, what sloppy gun fighting :(
I didn't think it was too bad, pretty badass C4 throw as well if you ask me. The parachuting was pretty sloppy though :lol

Does anyone know if it's actually possible to re-enter a falling helicopter? I can get near it while we're both in free-fall but pressing triangle or circle doesn't enter or stunt jump. Grappling it is no good either as you bounce off of it as you hit it and then you have to catch up with it again.

I assumed it was possible after patch notes included something like "allows player to regain control of a falling helicopter after bailing out" as some people reported that once they re-entered a chopper it was still circling and making the warning sound alarm.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've re-entered plenty of falling copters but they always go retarded once I bail out for the first time. The propellers will reject your grapple but if you can hit the side or bottom it should work. They just make that alarm sound you mentioned and spiral down to the ground, it would be cool if they fixed that so I could pull of that bad ass maneuver.

This game is a lot of fun! Got it for the PC :D I'm using a 360 controller and the realtime switching between controller and mouse is a great touch.

In the Move topic though I put down my thoughts that I feel this game would be awesome with PS Move. Please backwards patch in support, or make sure JC3 has support!

sdornan

I started trying to 100% as many locations as possible in between missions, but after 17 hours of gameplay, blowing up objects and collecting boxes is getting kind of repetitive. Now I'm just trying to get through the story and faction missions.

JohngPR

I got this from Gamefly on Wednesday and have yet to try it because I was caught up playing GOW III and Final Fantasy XIII. I think I'll take it for a spin today.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Audioboxer87 said:
In the Move topic though I put down my thoughts that I feel this game would be awesome with PS Move. Please backwards patch in support, or make sure JC3 has support!

That could be pretty cool, aiming the grappling hook with the Move controller and stuff like that.

I got this from Gamefly on Wednesday and have yet to try it because I was caught up playing GOW III and Final Fantasy XIII. I think I'll take it for a spin today.

Do it. I still haven't beat God of War 3 because of this game, I just can't take it out of my PS3.

GWX

Everybody vanished from Panau. No cars, no pedestrians. Only faction cars occasionally.

:(

Seems like there's a workaround for this, according to the official Just Cause 2 forums. I have to enter in a race or something and then quit the mission. Haven't tried it yet.

Sanic

Snuggler said:
I've re-entered plenty of falling copters but they always go retarded once I bail out for the first time. The propellers will reject your grapple but if you can hit the side or bottom it should work. They just make that alarm sound you mentioned and spiral down to the ground, it would be cool if they fixed that so I could pull of that bad ass maneuver.

I've ONCE regained control of a copter before it hit the ground. You have to be very high, and catch them very early for the spiraling to stop.

Harteex

Lebron said:
Game is pretty fun, but vehicle controls blow clown balls. Though they were pretty bad in the first one so I'm not really surprised.

EvaPlusMinus said:

Even with a 360 controller it's way too hard to keep the car on the road with some vehicles. So I usually don't drive the faster ones..

Snuggler said:
Pandoracell said:
I've ONCE regained control of a copter before it hit the ground. You have to be very high, and catch them very early for the spiraling to stop.
Hmm, you're both playing on the PS3 right? I don't know why I can't do it then, I'll give it ago with a range of helicopters to see if some are easier than others.

JohngPR

Snuggler said:
Do it. I still haven't beat God of War 3 because of this game, I just can't take it out of my PS3.

I beat God of War III the other day, so I'll be playing this alongside Bayonetta (goti t from Goozex a while back and haven't gotten a chance to play it either).

Sanic

Mechanical Snowman said:
Hmm, you're both playing on the PS3 right? I don't know why I can't do it then, I'll give it ago with a range of helicopters to see if some are easier than others.

I'm on the 360, but I missed your previous post. If you're having trouble just getting into the thing, yeah that's hard. you have to get below it, and frankly get lucky that you approach it at the right angle. And once you're in it, it takes so long to regain control and stop spinning that you're going to crash unless you get into it at a really far up into the air.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LovingSteam said:
3 more days to offer up videos for the contest. Voting begins March 31 at 12:00PM PST.

I haven't submitted one yet because I'm still trying for the perfect video but I'll have one before the deadline, I love the upload feature but I've found that my stunts, even when I plan them out, usually don't turn out well. Most of the time they end with Rico taking a long, painful tumble down a mountain or just straight up exploding to death.

Mile High Club is so awesome. I can't get enough of this game.

It really is. I wasn't aware of it before I found it so it was a really cool moment. I flew up to those balloons to see what was up and I did not expect to find a
night club

Top Bottom