• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

venom2124 said:
Thanks, I'll check. My map is so cluttered I probably just missed their icon. I haven't done their first base takeover mission yet, but I'm hoping the icon is there somewhere.
If you pull up the Map and expand the 'legend' tab on the left side of the screen you can toggle the various map icons on and off. Clear them, there's a 'deselect all' option and then select the two sets related to factions and hopefully the blue ones will be easier to spot.

Weenerz

Banned
Phaethon0017 said:
Damn that's a cool addition. Hope the devs don't get in legal hot water over this. I need to buy this game.

I don't see how they could get into trouble, they made an island with statues and communication towers on it. It's not like they labeled the island "THE ISLAND FROM LOST ON ABC!". :lol

Brannon

My god. This game is so excellent. Even a simple thing like grappling while parachuting is fun. Now to head for that island shaped like a dollar sign. Just need to find a jet.

Purkake4

Banned
Pandoracell said:
I had the same thing happen to me with the EXACT same building, I posted it on page 8 or 9 I think. Mine exploded when it hit the building though :lol
Political commentary confirmed :lol

mack999

Banned
venom2124 said:
Thanks, I'll check. My map is so cluttered I probably just missed their icon. I haven't done their first base takeover mission yet, but I'm hoping the icon is there somewhere.

It's a blue star but it took me ages to find too. It's at x1450 y11700. I thought you had to unlock it somehow but there it was all the time.

UFRA

Pandoracell said:
I had the same thing happen to me with the EXACT same building, I posted it on page 8 or 9 I think. Mine exploded when it hit the building though :lol

Hmmmmm. Perhaps the AI has a flight pattern programmed accidentally through that building. I want to go back there and just chill on the roof for a bit and see if more planes crash into it. :lol

Or in my case, bounce off of it. :p

This game can be breathtaking when you are flying...especially at dawn. I can't take more than about an hour or two of this game at a time but I keep coming back to it. So HUUUGE.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Weenerz said:
I don't see how they could get into trouble, they made an island with statues and communication towers on it. It's not like they labeled the island "THE ISLAND FROM LOST ON ABC!". :lol

oH very nice :)! I wonder if there is a dust monster there hehe ;)! Will go visit! Btw any word on dlc, like new planes or air dynamics addon ? ;)

Affeinvasion said:
This game can be breathtaking when you are flying...especially at dawn. I can't take more than about an hour or two of this game at a time but I keep coming back to it. So HUUUGE.

I know man, I keep stealing jetplanes and flying instead of doing missions. I used to be a fsx junkie and those simulators were never as detailled as this even with a shitload of addons! Loving this :)!

elwes

sarcoa said:
ohhhhh man, the scream my gunner made as he ejected was priceless :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOQ64VIdJoc

Man, I love that scream. :lol

Just came in here to post a video and vent. Here is the description in the video which explains it all.

"At this point, I had spent (in total) 3 hours trying to fly a plane over a Baby Panau Statue in hopes of attaching a tether to the head and yanking it off as I flew away. I've wasted 200 grand on buying these stupid small planes, only to try and take off from a residential area and crash the thing into a tree or a building. I figure "Why not try the beach...no obstructions, it's going to be easy."

But the game can't have that. OH NO. THAT WOULD BE TOO EASY, WOULDN'T IT?!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sxaUoAif0M

WTF? SCREW THIS GAME. The reason there's about 5-7 seconds of me standing around and doing nothing after the explosion is because it took a few seconds to un-embed the controller from the wall next to the TV. PS3 controllers are surprisingly resilient.

Everything cool I've tried to do has yet to work. :(

Sanic

elwes said:

Just came in here to post a video and vent. Here is the description in the video which explains it all.

"At this point, I had spent (in total) 3 hours trying to fly a plane over a Baby Panau Statue in hopes of attaching a tether to the head and yanking it off as I flew away. I've wasted 200 grand on buying these stupid small planes, only to try and take off from a residential area and crash the thing into a tree or a building. I figure "Why not try the beach...no obstructions, it's going to be easy."

WTF? SCREW THIS GAME. The reason there's about 5-7 seconds of me standing around and doing nothing after the explosion is because it took a few seconds to un-embed the controller from the wall next to the TV. PS3 controllers are surprisingly resilient.

:lol That plane is so unweildly.

GHG

Gold Member
elwes said:

:lol

You don't need a long runway to get that plane in the air, it can take off pretty much the moment you hit the throttle.

UFRA

elwes said:

:lol :lol :lol You poor guy.

elwes said:

That's why. You are trying. Don't try. Most of the coolest/funniest things in this game come from accidents and mishaps. :lol

Anyways, I just spent 2 hours flying around with a jet discovering new locations. I did about 100 in the time I spent. I also 100%'d like 9 or 10 places along the way.

All of this accomplished on my way to a mission....yeah...............................I got distracted.

Dizzle24

I have about 14 hours game time, only completed 2 agency missions, maybe 4 Reaper missions. :lol

Just 'chuting around, 100%ing locations and just messing around. This is the perfect game to be distracted and just mess around; so much to do.

JRW

This game is so much better with my PS3 controller..(PC version) I was having a hell of a time trying to use keyboard + mouse at first.. Habit I guess.. some games are just better off with a gamepad.

Second, I have ran into the no civilians glitch. Does anyone know how to fix this MF'er!?!?!? I have tried reloading from a recent save and I guess that it had already started. The only other save I have is from 6 hours of game play ago! I seriously hope I don't have to lose that much time!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
GHG said:

You don't need a long runway to get that plane in the air, it can take off pretty much the moment you hit the throttle.

I've slammed into four trees and landed upside down, falling off of a cliff towards the ocean (still upside down) and have taken off. don't ask me how, though

reetva

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
Damn it, fixed!
It reminds me of this one time a military boat ran aground on a beach and suddenly blew up. It was amazing, there weren't even any corpses in the area. Just a charred, flaming boat. :lol

I forgot to record it, though. I was too busy having MEGA LAFFS with my sister.

FAKE EDIT: I once took off in a plane after hitting some trees, flipping upside down and getting pointed upwards after a crash. I was already in the air when the plane started to go. It was stunning. :lol

EvaPlusMinus said:
I've slammed into four trees and landed upside down, falling off of a cliff towards the ocean (still upside down) and have taken off. don't ask me how, though

I was almost successful with that in an army jet. Almost. :lol

cjtiger300 said:
Second, I have ran into the no civilians glitch. Does anyone know how to fix this MF'er!?!?!? I have tried reloading from a recent save and I guess that it had already started. The only other save I have is from 6 hours of game play ago! I seriously hope I don't have to lose that much time!

Aight, fixed this glitch by going into a race and aborting the mission. This seems to have fixed it for those of you getting this same problem. Either way, this shit needs to be patched ASAP!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just got my freeroaming 2 achievement (100% in 100 locations). This game is evil for OCD folks, I can't stop myself.

Jaroof

Since people are posting weird stuff that happened to them..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceh8jtkrHC8 (I don't know how I survived this. I'm on Hard mode)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESlaSXiCuZI (mysterious force push me? lol)

And this one is from when my friend was playing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke62_6wlh_A
He shoots a guard on the ground as it's disappearing, and it looks like the ground bleeds :lol

And I've already posted this, but I'll post it again.
I was about to start a race, but noticed I had some heat. So I decided to run away and hide, when I see this happen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHEtEVQPlPI
:lol @ "I MOVING IN!"

elwes

GHG said:

It can ALMOST take off the moment you hit the throttle. It doesn't have enough weight to knock down light poles and trees, however. Even hitting a random guy on a bike can throw it out of control. Plus, it doesn't have the ability to back up, so if you're coasting towards a hazardous area, you have no other option but to floor it and hope for the best. Which brings me to...

EvaPlusMinus said:

This is how alot of my takeoffs in that plane have ended. :lol I swear to god, there were a few times when I've plowed through half of a forest, coasting along on the roof of the plane, hit a large rock which catapulted me into the air for a split second, only to hit another, taller tree, send myself flying back into the ground, clip another tree, spin around three or four times, then somehow end up flying upside down in the opposite direction, only to graze a lightpole and explode into a fireball. I almost saved a few of those instances, but I was too frustrated to care at that point. Makes the beach explosion even more hilarious/aggravating.

UFRA said:
That's why. You are trying. Don't try. Most of the coolest/funniest things in this game come from accidents and mishaps. :lol

This is how I play the game most of the time. There are just those times when you get a stupid idea in your head and you desperately want to see if you can pull it off. :D

This game should be arriving in the next day or two for me from Amazon, and I want to show it off/play it with some friends of mine this weekend. Should I start playing it before then to unlock stuff so we have more to play around with, or is everything already unlocked from the get go?

glaurung

ArachosiA 78 said:
This game should be arriving in the next day or two for me from Amazon, and I want to show it off/play it with some friends of mine this weekend. Should I start playing it before then to unlock stuff so we have more to play around with, or is everything already unlocked from the get go?
Play toward unlocking the first two or three stages of Black Market items.

Then you will have a plane, a heli and a speedboat.

Got the 360 version a few days ago, great game; Panau is a beautiful place, spent most of my playtime flying around with my chute. Volumetric clouds and real-time weather make me happy xD

Kinda sad I missed the youtube functionality, but i really hate the dualshock with less-then-stellar game controls.

Dynoro

Darklord said:
Holy fuck, Panau is HUGE. Thank god for fast travel. It can take forever to get across the map.
Now please take away the silly extraction cutscenes - its annoying having to wait for the cutscene of the helicopter to load both before and after selecting your destination. Though this is my only gripe with the game atm

Sethos

Banned
The engine is really amazing, I'm dumbfounded by what it can do and how well everything looks. It's just a bloody shame the game is fairly generic and all the fun is kinda exhausted after a few hours of play - At least it is for me.

I would love to see a realism based game with this engine.

Sethos said:
The engine is really amazing, I'm dumbfounded by what it can do and how well everything looks. It's just a bloody shame the game is fairly generic and all the fun is kinda exhausted after a few hours of play - At least it is for me.

I would love to see a realism based game with this engine.

????

Top Bottom