• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

UFRA

Pandoracell said:
I thought I read somewhere here that it no longer works, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

NO. Don't try it. It was a misprint, and some gaffers were even accused of fraud and other bullshit by K-Mart employees as a result.

Unless you live in NYC where the coupon is intended, don't try it.

Sanic

UFRA said:
NO. Don't try it. It was a misprint, and some gaffers were even accused of fraud and other bullshit by K-Mart employees as a result.

Unless you live in NYC where the coupon is intended, don't try it.

Wow, fraud? Really? Can't believe they would do that. Thanks for the heads up.

UFRA

Pandoracell said:
Wow, fraud? Really? Can't believe they would do that. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, it is GAF afterall... :p

But yeah, that's what some people said in the thread.

Weenerz

Banned
I went in to use the coupon this weekend. They had signs plastered all over the place saying the coupons are invalid. I asked a cashier and they said corporate told the store that they were fraudulent coupons. Bummer.

So I was watching the developer videos and they said the map is 1000 square KM of space. I'm guessing it isn't a 600 mile flight from one end to the other, right? It must be accounting for mountains and stuff, where you have measurable landscape up and down that isn't adding to the width.

Wiggum2007

Class_A_Ninja said:
So I was watching the developer videos and they said the map is 1000 square KM of space. I'm guessing it isn't a 600 mile flight from one end to the other, right? It must be accounting for mountains and stuff, where you have measurable landscape up and down that isn't adding to the width.

1000 square kilometers. Not 1000 x 1000 kilometers.

Purkake4

Banned
Wiggum2007 said:
1000 square kilometers. Not 1000 x 1000 kilometers.
What?

square-km.gif

Wiggum2007

Well you're both wrong. A 1000 km^2 square is about 31.6x31.6 km. Class_A_Ninja is just slightly off with his math. Purkake I completely give up on.

C-Jo

Jesus, this game is not off to a good start. I've "failed" the opening mission in the first 30 seconds three times in a row now.

C-Jo

Haha, I don't know. I kept falling short of the landing zone and it threw up that stupid 10 second timer. :lol

Got it now, but that was weird as hell.

Klocker

thanks for the heads up on coupon... I'll grab it at Kmart (even though its a 12 mile ride) if it comes in for $45 otherwise I have a pre-order at Gamestop.

was not a fan of the demo for the first 2 times I played but have since jumped in about 10 times and this is a no brainer. :lol

Tim-E

I don't think this is going to be one of those midnight releases on Steam, unfortunately. :(

My day just opened up tomorrow and I'd love an excuse to stay up tonight. :lol

Edit:
This game will unlock in approximately 15 hours

FFFUUUU-

After playing it for an hour, i must say this game is a fucking blast to play. The amount of things you can do in this game and the size of it is just fucking awesome! :D

Bear

Picked up the game a little while back. I've messed around with it a bit and did a few missions. Pretty fun romp so far, it's a wild game.

One thing I don't get, though. If Panau is supposed to be a secret island, why in the hell do they have an
international airport
?

Tim-E said:
I don't think this is going to be one of those midnight releases on Steam, unfortunately. :(

My day just opened up tomorrow and I'd love an excuse to stay up tonight. :lol

Edit:

FFFUUUU-
jackface.png

:lol same reaction for me, another 15 hours !!!

Weenerz

Banned
Game Informer reviewed it in their newest issue, it got a 9/10. They said the story was trash and the voice acting is bad as well, but the game play was great.

Weenerz said:
Game Informer reviewed it in their newest issue, it got a 9/10. They said the story was trash and the voice acting is bad as well, but the game play was great.

Who in their right mind would deduct points due to the voice acting? Seriously? Its AWESOME because its soo bad. And story? Really? I don't know who will be playing this game for story. However, the fact it still scored a 9 based on game play alone should speak volumes.

LovingSteam said:
Who in their right mind would deduct points due to the voice acting? Seriously? Its AWESOME because its soo bad. And story? Really? I don't know who will be playing this game for story. However, the fact it still scored a 9 based on game play alone should speak volumes.

In the last paragraph they complain about the lack of multiplayer.

Play UK

Delivers on the ambitious intentions of the original with added interest, only slightly letting itself down with some control issues that could and should have been fixed. Still the closest you're going to get to a truly playable action movie for now, though. [Issue#190, p.68]

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I ended up getting the ps3 over the 360 version. Direct youtube integration is toooo good.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Big Ass Ramp said:
The choice is obvious: PC.

*pumps fist*

Gave in and bought it a few hours ago. Been sick like a dog, and completely unable to get around. So hopefully I'll be able to sit around and enjoy this. Strep throat sucks.

C-Jo

I know about a half dozen people who'll be picking the game up, but to be honest, I dunno when anybody will get around to playing it. I put in about an hour tonight, but now it's going back in line behind FF13 and God of War 3, which I haven't even opened yet.

I think the demo convinced a lot of people that JC2 is awesome and hilarious, but who has time for it this week? I'm not super surprised that this thread is a little quiet right now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I plan on getting it tomorrow if I can find it for $45 at Kmart.
I've played the demo several times and there isn't much left to say until the full game is out.

Darklord

Banned
sdornan said:
Is that typical Eidos?

Edios aren't the most respected company around when it comes to reviews. I'd say they also have little faith in the reviews after the first game kinda fell flat.

Top Bottom