• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just completed DQ I & II Remix

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Well, I finally beat DQ I and II Remix for the SFC just minutes ago. That makes I, II, V and VI conquered with III, IV and VII. But I'm burnt out on this sries for now so those will likely not get payed....EVER! Fuck that I'm moving onto VIII.

I was a nice charming little game. But II, man, talk about an excercise in tedium!

I got to the last little shrine in Rhone, then talked to the priest, healed and saved my game. Then talked to the lady, who told me I can enter the portal to return to Beran. So I did. The problem? You need the jailor's key to get back into Beran, and like a crack angel I fucked around deposited it into the fucking VAULT!!!!
bangin.gif

This meant that I could not get back into Beran and thus could not travel back to any towns NO MATTER WHAT, because I did not possess the damn key and there was NO way around it! You're probably wondering, why do I need to go back to Beran why not just continue on to Hargon's castle? Well, I would have, only problem is I also deposited the fucking Eye of Malroth and could not continue onto the second floor of the castle without it!

So... I looked at my save state inventory and realized that I used ALL my save slots while in the Rhone cave and still could not get back into Beran! I tried casting return but the problem is I fucked that up by saving the normal way at the shrine in Rhone, thus warping me back there.
bangin.gif

I had to start the fucking game ALL OVER FROM SCRATCH and begin a new quest just because of one fucking Key!!
bangin.gif
I was going to say screw it, but I figured I MUST complete DQII for completeness!!! So I did. Another 30hrs wasted, and I'm finally done. Yippee! Playing 6 RPGs in a row will surely burn you out. I don't wanna see another overworld or map for months! Back to THUG :D

Top Bottom