• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot - Star Wars Outlaws Feels Mediocre With A Protagonist Who's Way Too Strong đź’Ş (Mary Sue Alert)

stickkidsam

The power of many......
pleasure saikikusuo GIF

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Feels like a leap to go from "smuggler" to "one-woman army capable of mowing down legions of elite soldiers."

Not really bud. The game isn't a fucking simulation on "smugglers" and had never suggested such a thing to exaggerate to death the term like this.

All I got from this is its an action game, the person is a smuggler, outlaw, thief, criminal type person annnnnnnd thats it. To fucking even try to add this fake ass "one women army" is to then ask all games in this genre to address how a person can kill hundreds of people lol

Stop man.

It sound fake as fuck and it sounds forced, like you are trying your best to find an answer to something that exist in literally all major action games. The irony, so many games have a 1 person army and the person is like a street thug, used car salesmen lol Snake in MGS series literally has a arsenal of weapons on his person with zero explanation lol I mean, it feels like a leap to go from "solider" to "one man army capable of killing hundreds and infinite pockets" lol

This man dead had a whole bazooka in his pocket lol

So sir, this is a fucking game. Its fake. Its not real and it seems most of us understood this, yet magically we are questioning how a human can kill so many people, in a fake game.

she can just murder every obstacle in her way without breaking a sweat?

Yea, just like you can run for miles in a fucking game and the person didn't take a drink of water once lol

Its almost as if its fake.... /s

icegif-213.gif

Off topic , but Monster is one scenario of how Ellie from TLOU could end. and if.done good could be good.

I would be 100% ok with that. With the risk Naughty Dog takes all the time, I want them to be as creative as they want to be. If she's old, good, fat, good, ugly, I'm ok with this. I want the story they wish to really, truly tell, not the by the numbers BS trying to market everyone as some model. I want from their perspective, how they really see her life ending.

Even I'm surprised we are still expected go along with the whole 'masculinisation of women' thing. It's tiresome, being constantly bashed over the head with these unflattering, obnoxious, insufferable, mannish, lead characters. Again and again, any potentially interesting mechanic that may naturally exist as a byproduct of a female lead is ignored and cast aside. All vestiges of femininity stripped away. Sexuality and sensuality non existent. Until, all that remains is an unappealing female caricature of a man. Like a child wearing adult clothes. It just looks and feels off. We can all see it, even those that pretend there is nothing amiss.

The reality is, women have been betrayed by modern feminism. Pushing the lie that, to be considered strong and capable, you should adopt masculine character traits... to succeed, you practically have to impersonate a man. It's been an incredibly effective psyop indeed. To have actual feminists out there actively convincing women to abandon their femininity. The lead character in this game is more of the same, she is, for all intents and purposes, a man. She thinks, talks and acts like a man. She resembles a man as well, bold jaw and broad shoulders. Why more women don't find this sorta thing offensive is beyond me. Ever wondered why it's always the insecure women that are so willing to remove all vestiges of femininity from female characters? It's almost like sexuality and sensuality are anathema to those women. It's just sad whatever way you look at it. Particularly so, as we will never experience fantastic strong but feminine characters like Ripley from Aliens ever again.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

Even I'm surprised we are still expected go along with the whole 'masculinisation of women' thing. It's tiresome, being constantly bashed over the head with these unflattering, obnoxious, insufferable, mannish, lead characters. Again and again, any potentially interesting mechanic that may naturally exist as a byproduct of a female lead is ignored and cast aside. All vestiges of femininity stripped away. Sexuality and sensuality non existent. Until, all that remains is an unappealing female caricature of a man. Like a child wearing adult clothes. It just looks and feels off. We can all see it, even those that pretend there is nothing amiss.

The reality is, women have been betrayed by modern feminism. Pushing the lie that, to be considered strong and capable, you should adopt masculine character traits... to succeed, you practically have to impersonate a man. It's been an incredibly effective psyop indeed. To have actual feminists out there actively convincing women to abandon their femininity. The lead character in this game is more of the same, she is, for all intents and purposes, a man. She thinks, talks and acts like a man. She resembles a man as well, bold jaw and broad shoulders. Why more women don't find this sorta thing offensive is beyond me. Ever wondered why it's always the insecure women that are so willing to remove all vestiges of femininity from female characters? It's almost like sexuality and sensuality are anathema to those women. It's just sad whatever way you look at it. Particularly so, as we will never experience fantastic strong but feminine characters like Ripley from Aliens ever again.
They have access to the best artists, tech and modellers in the world. They can hire the prettiest model in Canada. We could have had a gorgeous protagonist that female players would want to identify with and male players would want to be with. Women follow beautiful influencers, not average ones. It is a fact.

And yet... the power of many wins ones again.

MonkD

Do we know why Ubisoft didn't just implement character creators in their games? Would've avoided shit like this and the controversy surrounding AC Shadows. Seems like a step backwards since it seemed to the way they were going with the last couple of Far Cry and Creeds.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Ubisoft game have two formulas, AC and FC. You can coat whatever on it.

Where do The Division(RIP), For Honor, Siege and Ghost Recon Fall.

To answer my own question Ghost Recon falls in the camp of throw everything at it and hope it works.....it doesnt, if any game needs a major reboot its Ghost Recon.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Where do The Division(RIP), For Honor, Siege and Ghost Recon Fall.

To answer my own question Ghost Recon falls in the camp of throw everything at it and hope it works.....it doesnt, if any game needs a major reboot its Ghost Recon.
They're military bro Far Cry. The last one even threw in the AC-style loot system which everyone hated.

Doczu

I need to settle this for the peace of my mind: is Ubisoft pronounced you-be-soft or Uuu-be-soft?
Can't say for sure, but going with their stock after Outlaws had a mediocre launch they might be pronunced You-Be-Gone after a second bomb with AC Shadows

Top Bottom