• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

just heard of a band called frou frou

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzN_F15h

Neo Member
their song comes out in the commercial for the movie garden state. so i visited their site and judging from they pics. is it just her and that "guy" named guy? and even in their shows, they just play their music w/ laptops and the girl just sings along w/ it?

AniHawk

"Let Go" is the song you heard in the Garden State commercial. I was pretty surprised that it actually was used to help promote a movie.

arter_2

where have u been ive been listening to her for months great songs except the crap remake of i need a hero she did for shreck

Suerte

Pffft, I posted their album in a "listening to" thread months ago, Let Go is probably my favourite track though.

Fifty

Heh, Garden State did wonders for them. Seriously, I've never seen such an interest in a (somewhat) unknown group increase in such a short time. Their album is great, the best songs are "Must Be Dreaming" and "Only Got One" The two songs on my mix exchange CD :)

Fifty

If you listen to their album it sounds nothing like drum and bass, even if the instruments are all electronic...It's more electro-poppy :)

Fifty

Drum and bass (drum n bass, DnB) is an electronic music style. Drum and bass, originally an offshoot of the United Kingdom breakbeat hardcore and rave scene, came into existence when people mixed reggae basslines with sped-up hip hop breakbeats and influences from techno. Pioneers such as raggamuffin DJ General Levy and other DJs quickly became the stars of Drum and bass, then still called jungle. Producers such as Goldie and 4 Hero transformed the current art and turned drum and bass in more instrumental direction, spawning sub-genres like techstep and moving the genre closer to techno. Some of the more popular and defining artists include Shy FX, Ed Rush & Optical, LTJ Bukem, Goldie, and Roni Size.

hXc_thugg

Frou Frou isn't a band, technically. They are a producer and a vocalist. It's just not the traditional set-up where only the vocalist gets credit/popularity.

Yes, and Frou Frou is mostly drum and bass. They sound alot like fellow D&B group Omni Trio. About 2/3 of the songs on their album is D&B, while some other tracks are more trip hop.

Let Go, the song on Garden State, is atmospheric D&B. Must Be Dreaming is D&B and Only Got One is more Trip Hop. Those are my favorite three songs off the album.

If you like Frou Frou, I would recommend trying out the groups Baxter and Omni Trio, who sound very smilar.

Maxwell House said:
Yes, and Frou Frou is mostly drum and bass. They sound alot like fellow D&B group Omni Trio. About 2/3 of the songs on their album is D&B, while some other tracks are more trip hop.

Let Go, the song on Garden State, is atmospheric D&B. Must Be Dreaming is D&B and Only Got One is more Trip Hop. Those are my favorite three songs off the album.

If you like Frou Frou, I would recommend trying out the groups Baxter and Omni Trio, who sound very smilar.
Sorry, no.

Stop trying to use labels anyway.

AzN_F15h

Neo Member
what are some other good songs from frou frou besides only got one and must be dreaming? i think im really getting into their stuff

Alcibiades

I haven't heard any of their music except for at the end of Shrek 2, their rendition of "Holding out for a Hero" comes out, so I listen to it on Rhapsody (streaming)...

I love this song, it's really awesome, I listened to the original version a lot first after seeing the movie, and now I'm listening to the one by Frou Frou, both are great...

AniHawk

efralope said:
I haven't heard any of their music except for at the end of Shrek 2, their rendition of "Holding out for a Hero" comes out, so I listen to it on Rhapsody (streaming)...

I love this song, it's really awesome, I listened to the original version a lot first after seeing the movie, and now I'm listening to the one by Frou Frou, both are great...

Listen to "Let Go" and "Must Be Dreaming." A lot better than the Shrek 2 song.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Let Go sounds like some poppy breaks, from what I remember... Must Be Dreaming definitely sounds like house... I like both of these songs, a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom