• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Poyunch

gLoN5.gif
YJSBX.gif
DYNbJ.gif
I7JcY.gif
n1C8d.gif

Convinced you of what? That she is? Or convinced you otherwise?

Convinced me that she's great.

Esura

Banned
You're still new to k-on, right? She's great in season 2. I also used to think she was boring but season 2 convinced me.
Yup, I'm a K-On! newb.

I haven't started the manga yet and I only watched Season 1. I did play some K-On! Houkago Live! though.

Emitan

You two suit each other lovely.

But no, I didn't like the finale of the first season all that much.

But but but! It shows the growth of Yui from hesitation and dread of her first day of school to someone focused and determined to do her best.

Season 2 doesn't do anything like that.

But but but! It shows the growth of Yui from hesitation and dread of her first day of school to someone focused and determined to do her best.

Season 2 doesn't do anything like that.

You mean the episode where she's sick for like the whole episode and then forgets her guitar at home at the end? Yeah, real growth there.

Uh oh, I have yet to see that finale (whenever I show an episode, it's usually the first time I'm looking at it).

So...lower my expectations? I hope not.

Oh, it's better? Well I don't know what to think

Risette

A Good Citizen
Season 2 is in a whole different league than season 1, and I like season 1 decently enough. Season 2 is just a huge huge step up in every way possible. I don't get how this is even debatable!

Esura

Banned
I never saw the second season but what exactly was wrong with the first season's ending? It ended perfectly. Like Billychu said, it kind of show how far Yui came along in the season and it showed how close everyone in the Afterschool Tea Time were. I thought it was pretty cool actually. Its one of the few animes I don't actually complain about the ending in some way shape or form.

No don't stop. More Ritsu please.
Fine
neS6S.gif

I never saw the second season but what exactly was wrong with the first season's ending? It ended perfectly. Like Billychu said, it kind of show how far Yui came along in the season and it showed how close everyone in the Afterschool Tea Time were. I thought it was pretty cool actually. Its one of the few animes I don't actually complain about the ending in some way shape or form.
I don't hate the actual episode, just that saying it's better than all of season 2 is wrong.
the animation of the season 1 finale episode does suck though

Emitan

Okay. Let me rephrase it to "its the best moment in K-On". Maybe season 2 ending is "better" but that's because its all depressing to me because they're graduating.

Esura

Banned
Fine
neS6S.gif

I don't hate the actual episode, just that saying it's better than all of season 2 is wrong.
the animation of the season 1 finale episode does suck though
You could actually aim that criticism at more than that episode. I'm not good at describing stuff like this but quite a few of the episodes felt off to me visually for some reason. Then again, watching Fate/ZERO and The Garden of Sinners before it changes things.

Okay. Let me rephrase it to "its the best moment in K-On". Maybe season 2 ending is "better" but that's because its all depressing to me because they're graduating.

That Fuwa Fuwa Time was the best Fuwa Fuwa Time. Did anyone feel all warm inside from
Yui making a comeback and doing her speech and finishing up Fuwa Fuwa Time? I told my brand new HDTV "YOU GO GURL!".

But maybe I'm just getting old and mushy. :p

Well, at least the band doesn't break up Besides leaving Azusa behind.
X17US.gif

You could actually aim that criticism at more than that episode. I'm not good at describing stuff like this but quite a few of the episodes felt off to me visually for some reason. Then again, watching Fate/ZERO and The Garden of Sinners before it changes things.
Season 2's animation is far better.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Season 2 is seriously one of the most well-animated anime series' ever made. I don't say that lightly. S1 is good but not as good, as with everything else...

also Kara no Kyoukai is hideous

Top Bottom