• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

"You could say that the light music club is my boyfriend right now."

lRCDy.jpg

Definitely up for that!
never connected these two from Live House & London before tonight, the movie really is packed with references

Part of the beauty of a rewatch...there's always something new to pick up that you didn't before.

One ep per week with K-ON GAF would be cool :).

My harem grows and grows. The two new waifus are from Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, which I've never seen but it happens they are voiced by Eriko Nakamura and Asami Imai. Haruka and Chihaya from THE IDOLM@STER.

As an advertisement for anime, Yomecolle seems to be quite effective. I now have Denpa Onna and KoiChoco on my to-watch list because of this game.

Madao

seeing the christmas ep i realized something.

Sawako is a lot more calm in s2. it looks like she got over losing her boyfriend after all since she made quite the ruckus in s1 about it.

I always liked Mio's face in that pic.
HMx0g.png

hay guise
g4jFQ.gif

Happy Holidays.
LJANy.gif

Definitely up for that!
never connected these two from Live House & London before tonight, the movie really is packed with references
Yeah, I noticed them too. Love those little details.
Looks like she got a vibe up her skirt.
35DaD.png

seeing the christmas ep i realized something.

Sawako is a lot more calm in s2. it looks like she got over losing her boyfriend after all since she made quite the ruckus in s1 about it.

After 2 years, I'd hope one would get over it by then. Though she still worries about trying to get married in s2, in fact she probably worries more about it then than she did in their first year.

cjkeats

I'm bummed I missed it :( So I add my vote to "we watch the whole series like that" .

Yesterday I made the long drive back home, now I'm stuck back out in the land of my parent's shitty mobile interent for a week or so, and I was too lazy to pack any of my consoles, so it's just me and my Vita.
Which isn't so bad.

Uraizen

Banned
So, uh, we opened presents early at my place for reasons. Here's my haul:

$50 Steam giftcard
$20 PSN card
$300
money! YES!

cjkeats

But that would never happen, because P3 is a collection of assholes...and Fuuka.

I have yet to play the answer. I got the gist of it from wik's, but I still don't really have an idea of what happens, just all of a sudden everyone hates Yukari. I will play it someday though, just like I'll play P1 and 2.
it'll never happen

So, uh, we opened presents early at my place for reasons. Here's my haul:

$50 Steam giftcard
$20 PSN card
$300
money! YES!

Cool :) I already know most of what I've got lmao.
Think I'm gonna buy a Vita when I get paid at the end of this month so I can see what all the fuss is about with Persona.

Kazzy

I have yet to play the answer. I got the gist of it from wik's, but I still don't really have an idea of what happens, just all of a sudden everyone hates Yukari. I will play it someday though, just like I'll play P1 and 2.
it'll never happen

My opinion isn't really a bearing on The Answer, but more towards the inherent differences that exists within the party dynamics of both P3 and P4.I can understand personal preference, but one of the reasons I regard the latter as being superior, is the genuine togetherness of the core characters. Like I've said before, the cast of P3 just feel like a group of individuals to me, who are defined by their collective need to investigate the shadows. Sure, the same can be said for the investigation team in 4, but they genuinely form a bond throughout the course of the story, and express a desire to maintain that after the events of the game.

A lot of people collectively dump on The Answer, but I think it's particularly interesting in that it pulls back the curtain,
after the bitter-sweet ending of The Journey.
That ends on a relatively positive note, but the Answer goes some way into looking at the aftermath at such a huge personal flashpoint,
in that the team naturally drifts apart, no longer possessing that purpose that binds them. Their relationships had almost exclusively centred around their activities as part of SEES, so it's understandable this would occur, but this epilogue shows just how quickly they become fractured. A few try to maintain the team, but it's pretty much lip-service, and the likes of Mitsuru, Yukari and Aikihiko, are quick to distance themselves. Where it not for the events that followed, that would have likely been the end for many of them. That's not to mention the rampant in-fighting that takes place soon after.

Yukari is indeed a bitch, but it is justified. We only need to look at the circumstances,
in that having just lost yet another loved one, she then has to watch another friend (Aigis) seemingly maintain a strong bond with the MC (her boyfriend), even in death. Yukari is established as his love interest here, so it must be pretty galling to have to watch all this, not least of all, because Aigis inherits his wild card ability. All of which looks as though it supercedes her own ties to the MC. It forms the crux of the (later) divisions within the group, and I feel her stance is perfectly justified when it comes to deciding how to carry on his legacy. Her actions are extremely rash (and not the one who I side with), but in her position, it's hardly surprising she behaves in a way that seems so out of character.

Summary: Yellow > Blue

cjkeats

My opinion isn't really a bearing on The Answer, but more towards the inherent differences that exists within the party dynamics of both P3 and P4.I can understand personal preference, but one of the reasons I regard the latter as being superior, is the genuine togetherness of the core characters. Like I've said before, the cast of P3 just feel like a group of individuals to me, who are defined by their collective need to investigate the shadows. Sure, the same can be said for the investigation team in 4, but they genuinely form a bond throughout the course of the story, and express a desire to maintain that after the events of the game.

A lot of people collectively dump on The Answer, but I think it's particularly interesting in that it pulls back the curtain,
after the bitter-sweet ending of The Journey.
That ends on a relatively positive note, but the Answer goes some way into looking at the aftermath at such a huge personal flashpoint,
in that the team naturally drifts apart, no longer possessing that purpose that binds them. Their relationships had almost exclusively centred around their activities as part of SEES, so it's understandable this would occur, but this epilogue shows just how quickly they become fractured. A few try to maintain the team, but it's pretty much lip-service, and the likes of Mitsuru, Yukari and Aikihiko, are quick to distance themselves. Where it not for the events that followed, that would have likely been the end for many of them. That's not to mention the rampant in-fighting that takes place soon after.

Yukari is indeed a bitch, but it is justified. We only need to look at the circumstances,
in that having just lost yet another loved one, she then has to watch another friend (Aigis) seemingly maintain a strong bond with the MC (her boyfriend), even in death. Yukari is established as his love interest here, so it must be pretty galling to have to watch all this, not least of all, because Aigis inherits his wild card ability. All of which looks as though it supercedes her own ties to the MC. It forms the crux of the (later) divisions within the group, and I feel her stance is perfectly justified when it comes to deciding how to carry on his legacy. Her actions are extremely rash (and not the one who I side with), but in her position, it's hardly surprising she behaves in a way that seems so out of character.

Oh wow, I really should play that at some point. I played as the lady my first and only time through it, and as that you get to SLink with the party, so I guess I got a better connection with them than most, and I couldn't date Yukari.
I bumped boxes with Elizabeth.

Someone in some other Persona thread summed it up pretty well saying that "the party in P3 is a group of co-workers, the party in P4 is a group of friends". I don't think it could be explained better.

EDIT:
Summary: Yellow > Blue
Duh.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm bummed I missed it :( So I add my vote to "we watch the whole series like that" .

Yesterday I made the long drive back home, now I'm stuck back out in the land of my parent's shitty mobile interent for a week or so, and I was too lazy to pack any of my consoles, so it's just me and my Vita.
Which isn't so bad.

Of course not, P4G all day erry day. Get dat platinum.

And that picture is funny because Naoto was on the keyboard in that kinda out-of-place concert. (Rise was the singer but that was obvious)

cjkeats

Of course not, P4G all day erry day. Get dat platinum.

And that picture is funny because Naoto was on the keyboard in that kinda out-of-place concert. (Rise was the singer but that was obvious)

My original plan was to marathon the MGS series. Wlep, P4G and VLR it is.

Oh and here's a slightly more accurate representation of the Golden event.

Kazzy

Someone in some other Persona thread summed it up pretty well saying that "the party in P3 is a group of co-workers, the party in P4 is a group of friends". I don't think it could be explained better.

Precisely, although I took the much more verbose route!

Man, I wish that holidays didn't automatically screw up my sleep schedule, I'm so ready to sleep now and then wake up in the middle of the night to toil away at unknown somethings or others, whatever comes up. Maybe I'll get something cool and K-ON and Christmas-y done in the middle of the night or something. Probably won't happen though. ._.

Hope everybody's having a great time, got what they wanted, enjoying their friends and familys' company. Merry Christmas, K-ON GAF.

Man, I wish that holidays didn't automatically screw up my sleep schedule, I'm so ready to sleep now and then wake up in the middle of the night to toil away at unknown somethings or others, whatever comes up. Maybe I'll get something cool and K-ON and Christmas-y done in the middle of the night or something. Probably won't happen though. ._.

Hope everybody's having a great time, got what they wanted, enjoying their friends and familys' company. Merry Christmas, K-ON GAF.

I'd love to see anything you do, and a Merry Christmas to you too!

Haha, Chet! Your avatar becomes less clothed every time I look at it.

The day is here!
メリクリスマス!
That's probably wrong..

OceanBlue

Related because KyoAni, Yamada, and Yoshida, lol. Cross-posting:

I didn't see it posted here, so I guess I'll be the one to do it. Ultimatemegax translated a really long interview with Yamada and Yoshida about Tamako Market. Parts of it will be familiar because a similar translation was done to a 2ch post which took excerpts from this interview. It's long, and the whole interview can be found here:

http://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/...et-naoko-yamada-x-reiko-yoshida-conversation/

I liked the idea a lot more after I finished reading it. I love healing type anime, and the emphasis the staff seem to be putting on the characters' relationship to the setting gets me excited. I understand that some aren't interested in these types of shows or are tired of KyoAni making them, but I love them so it's great for me, lol.

I pulled some quotes from it that, I think, will help people who aren't really sure what the feel of this anime will be. They also talk about the characters in the show and how they relate to the setting in the interview, so it's definitely worth reading if you're interested in the show.
Yamada: Also, my feelings to place it in a shopping district were very strong. We could have a very simple working-class shopping district to show common everyday people.

-What was your response to “what would you think about basing it on Kyoto?”

Yoshida: I thought we might be able to have various festivals and events, but we could also depict the four seasons better than if it were in Tokyo. For example, we could have sakura trees lining the street to show the seasons. You could also talk to a lot of visitors as well as locals about the town. There could be tourists or people from other places. Shop owners, taxi drivers, everyone would be very talkative. That’s the type of town I really had in mind.

[...]

Yamada: Just like Yoshida-san said, I also wanted to be raised in a single place like that. You really feel how everyone in the district loves Tamako in the very first scene of the first episode when she’s walking in the district. Honest, frank, stubborn, yet kind. Everyone loves Tamako and she loves everyone. I wonder if people will understand it that way. It’s a scene that symbolizes the take on the world our show takes.

[...]

Yoshida: Tamako is a girl who’s very proactive in the shopping district, but there’s very few scenes that show her point of view. If I really had to say, the scenario became a show where you see Tamako’s emotions from the reactions/point of view of those around her. Instead of being a show girl, she’s a girl who loves her family’s business, her shopping district and is just full of love. That doesn’t exclude outsiders too. She’s been brought up very well.

[...]

-There’s a lot of stories in the world where the protagonist goes through troubles or grows up, but Tamako Market is not one of them. Would it be correct to say Tamako is more of a symbol of the market instead?

Yamada: Yes. Perhaps it would be better to say she’s a symbol of everyone’s happiness or perhaps she opens doors for people. Even though she’s suppose to open doors for people, she’s suppose to have a lot of problems. She makes resolutions to open those doors for others. I wanted to convey that through her conversations with the others in the shopping district.

[...]

-This work is notable for being an original story by Supervisor Yamada, Series Composer Yoshida-san, and character designer Horiguchi. It opens differently than your past works together. This is a new stage for you isn’t it? Finally, would you mind telling us what your aspirations were for this show?

Yoshida: I wanted to make an absolutely pleasant series. Enjoyable, yet comfortable. Tamako now is something I’m grateful for and I’ll be pleased if it turns very successful. It’ll delight me if we’re able to deliver a happy feeling to everyone watching.

Top Bottom