• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

cjkeats

So easily swayed from the path of the righteous.

b..but..Madoka is so best!
that's tentative until I watch season 2

I agree. That avatar is perfect for transparency! For shame.

I've been trying so hard to make the transparency work, but I can't get it to work. It's transparent on my computer, and even when I upload it elsewhere, but when I upload it to GAF it's not. I've been having this problem forever.
foEF2.png

Happy Birthday, Nodoka-chan! I'll try to get something done during work today. Until then, here's a great rendering of Nodoka from an artist from who I'm sure you've seen their style around before.

Artist: Ikari Manatsu said:

Full disclosure, I only found this out on a routine trek through danbooru and the first image celebrating her birthday was NOT safe for work. ':3

And with the end of Christmas comes the removal of the Santa Hat! MORE ADORABLE SRS YUI IN SCARF ACTION!!!

Kazzy

Happy Birthday, Nodoka-chan! I'll try to get something done during work today. Until then, here's a great rendering of Nodoka from an artist from who I'm sure you've seen their style around before.

I really like that.

I've been trying so hard to make the transparency work, but I can't get it to work. It's transparent on my computer, and even when I upload it elsewhere, but when I upload it to GAF it's not. I've been having this problem forever.
foEF2.png

It'll be the dimensions, if GAF resizes it, you lose the transparency.

Christmas!

I'm a spoiled princess, I know.

VERY nice haul all the way around! I've still got Last Story and Xenoblade sitting in my backlog, but I'm going to use 2013 to try to get through them. I think, though, that I don't have too much further to go in Last Story.

Going to use the real Yui avatar at least temporarily. Needs transparency help but I'm not sure how to do that (unless someone wants to help...)

cjkeats

The law in my household was always "The christmas decorations come down old christmas day" which is like the 6th or something. I think it's a provincial tradition actually.

The law in my household was always "The christmas decorations come down old christmas day" which is like the 6th or something. I think it's a provincial tradition actually.

My family always waited until new year's, but more out of laziness/apathy than anything else. At least that's my excuse.

cjkeats

Once again proving your awesomeness :). Thank you!
aw shucks.
WA70y.gif

By the way, I finally started Binding of Isaac. Very interesting, though with keyboard controls I really suck at it. Think I need a gamepad/360 controller for it. Thanks again for that too!

I find it harder with a gamepad. All it takes is practice, the games pretty hard. I haven't even finished it once and I've had it since launch.

I find it harder with a gamepad. All it takes is practice, the games pretty hard. I haven't even finished it once and I've had it since launch.

HXJC7.gif

Going to need a TON of practice...I was dying super quick lol.

Also, I don't think I've actually added you as a Steam friend. I will fix that when I next get a chance.

Metrotab

Banned
I managed to beat the level 2 boss in Touhou 6. Now I just need to learn how to do it without losing lives.

This game is so satisfying if you make progress.

VhWti.jpg

Oh me, oh my.

Oh Mio.
I'll take it you liked it!

Full disclosure, I only found this out on a routine trek through danbooru and the first image celebrating her birthday was NOT safe for work. ':3

And with the end of Christmas comes the removal of the Santa Hat! MORE ADORABLE SRS YUI IN SCARF ACTION!!!
At least someone else remembered Nodoka's birthday!
No worries!

image.php
image.php
image.php

I'm terribly out of season!
You gotta plan ahead!
My family's pretty lazy with taking down (well, also putting up!) decorations. A couple of times we've reached February with a tree still. >__>
I always wondered how long I could keep a Chirstmas Tree alive.
You should fix that.
As long as it's Mugi.

So here's an interesting, completely Your-Mileage-Will-Vary story.

Before work today I decided to check out some game stores because I had a return/exchange to make anyway for my copy of Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition. At the checkout line, of all things I spot that they have one last copy of The Walking Dead for PS3, the Gamestop-exclusive Collector's Edition with the first collected volume of the comic. 48 issues in one book, and the game that's getting massive gaming allocades too, in disc form so no need to worry about hard drive space! Seeing as how I had Christmas funds, I decided to nab that on top of my errands then lug the big thing with me to work and then home.

With nothing else to do at work (besides, well, work), I decided to crack open the package and at least read the comic. Holy shit I was not prepared. This damn comic, I thought I knew everything there was to know in media portrayals of a zombie apocalypse. I just didn't know. I was blown the fuck away. I finished the book soon after lunch time then reread the thing until the end of the day. I was glad to find out that my coworkers also knew of The Walking Dead, mostly from the TV series but hey.

So what does this have to do with K-ON? With all the reading and rereading of that outstanding comic, it didn't leave me a load of time to draw Nodoka. Also, with this newfound series that I was so enamored with, I couldn't get the image of a battle-hardened Nodoka in a tanktop and her school jacket tied around her waist with a "Student Council President" armband around her left arm, covered in sweat and dirt as she swung an ax to wreck zombie heads and protect her precious friend Yui behind her. I managed a seriously rough version of that image on paper, but my overactive imagination concocted a whole one-off short story that combined, of all things, The Walking Dead and K-ON. I know that in the end I'll never be able to draw, write out or show this story in its completion to my ultimate satisfaction, but I still wanna put something down on it.

So, in a wikipedia synopsis-like form that segues in the latter fifth into a denouement, a treatment from beginning to end of WALK-ON exists. It's almost excessively graphic in content that goes beyond violence, which comes with the territory given what's being mixed into the K-ON fold, and it's the main reason why in the end I don't want it in this post in any real form. If you want to read it, PM me and I'll send it. I'll just out and say that it has a relatively good end, but some seriously messed up stuff happens on the way.

So uh... Happy birthday again Nodoka? Sorry for such a crummy present. ;;>_>

Summary: I just spent almost 2 hours typing up Walking Dead/K-ON crossover fanfic starring Nodoka and Yui. WTF is wrong with me.

Madao

hm so this time it is Nodoka's birthday?

i bet she got the short end of the stick with birthday presents.

*imagines Nodoka storming into the k-on club and posing Medaka-style for some random reason*

So here's an interesting, completely Your-Mileage-Will-Vary story.

So uh... Happy birthday again Nodoka? Sorry for such a crummy present. ;;>_>

Summary: I just spent almost 2 hours typing up Walking Dead/K-ON crossover fanfic starring Nodoka and Yui. WTF is wrong with me.
You should draw a picture for it too!
HYu2a.jpg

Clearly, everyone playing castanets like Yui needs to become a meme.

2fWJJ.jpg

As you can see, it was.

Clearly, everyone playing castanets like Yui needs to become a meme.

I'm fine with that.

Depending on who, of course.

I always wondered how long I could keep a Chirstmas Tree alive.

Never a problem for my family since we've always used fake trees. The one time my dad used a real tree was a major pain in the ass.

So, random question. How many here (if anyone) besides GuessMyUserName is on MyFigureCollection? Just curious.

That reminds me, my Tekkaman Blade came in the other day~

20121220212750jpgqa.jpg

.. my first non-female. Tekkaman Evil just got in stock now and is getting prepared for shipping now~

I've only seen the first episode, but it's enough to understand an actual reference. Yay!
RT0d4.gif

So what did you think of Mio the first episode?
Never a problem for my family since we've always used fake trees. The one time my dad used a real tree was a major pain in the ass.

So, random question. How many here (if anyone) besides GuessMyUserName is on MyFigureCollection? Just curious.
There's nothing like going out and cutting your own tree. Just remember to shake out the dead needles out before you take it inside. lol
And I don't have a MFC, though I suppose I couldn't set one up if you'd like.
That reminds me, my Tekkaman Blade came in the other day~

20121220212750jpgqa.jpg

.. my first non-female. Tekkaman Evil just got in stock now and is getting prepared for shipping now~
Truth be told, I don't know who that is, but it's really cool! Is it a figma?

Tekkaman Blade (figma, yep!) from... Tekkaman Blade! Tatsunoko anime from the early 90s. Back when Tatsunoko vs Capcom was coming out I watched a bunch of Tatsunoko stuff (Tekkaman Blade, Casshern Sins, Karas), and TB is my main! TB & Zero, that is.

There's nothing like going out and cutting your own tree. Just remember to shake out the dead needles out before you take it inside. lol

I can see that. Maybe someday if I'm not feeling too lazy.

And I don't have a MFC, though I suppose I couldn't set one up if you'd like.

Totally up to you, of course :). It is helpful if you've got a reasonably large collection and is a good way to keep track of upcoming releases.

F-Zero X is the only one in the series that I don't think I've played. Might pick it up on VC for funzies. I suck at GX, so this should be interesting...

Madao

F-Zero X is the only one in the series that I don't think I've played. Might pick it up on VC for funzies. I suck at GX, so this should be interesting...

such a tragedy. FZX is awesome. GX owes its awesomeness to FZX since FZX introduced the gameplay used there.
though the VC version is one of the worst emulations around due to numerous graphical glitches and the framerate sometimes drops, it is still playable so i'd recommend getting it. tracking an n64 and the cart is better but i realize that's not so easy nowadays.

such a tragedy. FZX is awesome. GX owes its awesomeness to FZX since FZX introduced the gameplay used there.
though the VC version is one of the worst emulations around due to numerous graphical glitches and the framerate sometimes drops, it is still playable so i'd recommend getting it. tracking an n64 and the cart is better but i realize that's not so easy nowadays.

Well, I've still got a working N64 so that's doable. Just need a CRT since my LCD is ass for that both in terms of visuals and lag.

Sick at the moment. Going into work late. I am supposed to help close tonight and I don't want anyone to have to stay extra.

I feel ya, I have a sore throat and it's hard to eat food and drink stuff D:
Also I guess I'll cave and finally watch your precious K-on as I have nothing to watch after Finishing Azumanga Daioh.

Top Bottom