• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Here are my K-ON! Episode 8 thoughts!

Another very cool episode! The beginning was sweet with Yui making a scene since Ui made it into her school (did we ever have any doubts?) Is that a Azu-Nyan we see here?

Was so sad poor Mio was alone in Class 1! At least Nodoka was there to keep her company ^^ I loved the little flyer they used to advertise the club, was so cute. The suits Sawa-chan made them wear though were a hoot xD. Cracked up entirely at this scene right here:

dOLiuar.png

Ui brings her friend up to check out the Light Music club. New costumes! Mio and Mugi <3 I just knew Yui would spill the tea, so of course Ui would take over! I really love the Yui and Ui parts. Ui reflecting on how the Light Music club brightened up Yui off the floor. Of course she still wants her ice cream!

Time for the show! Yui as MC was cute, until the song starts and she forgets to sing. Then Mio's angelic voice. <3 <3 <3 "My Love is a Stapler" is my favorite song to date for sure! Was so cute seing Azu-nyan's feet tapping. Looks like we have our 5th member...that is if Ricchan didn't scare her off with this tackle ;3

Ricchan Scale of Awesomeness:

kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
MBbkK.png

4 Ricchans and 1 Azu-nyan! Does this confuse you? I wanted to give it a 4.5, but when I spliced that Ricchan in half, it seemed to bother poor Amish pretty bad xD This is cute anyway.

cjkeats

I love his Mio and Azu-cat.
Mio seems to be the most finished, and the look on poor Azusa's face is priceless.

Edit: Azunyan is worth at least 2 Ritsus. Half my ass.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
We now interrupt this game chat to bring you... other people's K-ON sketches!!

Forgive me if these are reposts, Fujishima Kosuke of Ah! My Goddess fame recently tweeted random sketches he did of K-ON characters.

OMG MY FAVORITE ARTIST EVER DREW K-ON CHARACTERS ON TWITTER HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

His Mio and Sawa-chan are fucking awesome!! :D

Azusa is worth -4 ritsus. so it was a zero out of 5, why do you hate k-on thebatman?

sad-batman.gif

Looks like I'm going back to the half a ritsu scale next episode xP~ This Azunyan has made such a fuss. hehe

But it's mine now!

just got back about an hour or two ago, best birthday~

Tell us earlier next year! xP~ Better later than never, so Happy Birthday! Oh, and lets PSN soon ^^

Makes me think, maybe we should make a K-ON! GAF Birthday calendar to avoid such a thing, what say you, Chet?

But it's mine now!

just got back about an hour or two ago, best birthday~
Yes, that's exactly why I changed my avatar. I knew it all along!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GMUN!
Forgive me if these are reposts, Fujishima Kosuke of Ah! My Goddess fame recently tweeted random sketches he did of K-ON characters.
Oh man, that's pretty awesome. That Mio is amazing.
As for my doodle thing, I kinda missed the Valentine's Day window, but the characters I'm drawing love it up all year long! In a work-safe (as far as we know) fashion!! SO I CAN AFFORD TO ah screw it, I'll get it done tonight while studying for the Japanese quiz tomorrow morning.
I'd love to see it when you finish it!
Here are my K-ON! Episode 8 thoughts!

Ricchan Scale of Awesomeness:

kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
kAlzy23.jpg
MBbkK.png

4 Ricchans and 1 Azu-nyan! Does this confuse you? I wanted to give it a 4.5, but when I spliced that Ricchan in half, it seemed to bother poor Amish pretty bad xD This is cute anyway.
Yeah, My Love is a Stapler is really great. I guess I don't really have much to say since you've already seen the episode after this. Now to see what you think of that episode.
Makes me think, maybe we should make a K-ON! GAF Birthday calendar to avoid such a thing, what say you, Chet?
Why would I have to do it?!?

Yeah, My Love is a Stapler is really great. I guess I don't really have much to say since you've already seen the episode after this. Now to see what you think of that episode.

Yeah, While it was troubling, her character is a good mechanism to give the girls at least a somewhat better balance between cake eating and practicing, although I'll dwell on that a bit more next episode review. :)

Why would I have to do it?!?

Well I suppose you wouldn't have to organize the Birthdays, you would just need to edit the OP to put it in there I guess, where everyone could see them ;P

Just an idea ;)

Thanks all for the birthday wishes~

I bet, now give us some details! Oh, Happy B-day, too.

Sure sure, let's see...

First she came over with cheesecake and a bunch of chopsticks for me she said she'd get me after our dinner on Friday

20130219000720jpgzu.jpg

Watched more eps of Nichijou with her in my arm and holding hands~ (... it's my first time dammit, I really enjoyed it!) plus the first episode of Idiot Abroad I told her about before since it was in China (I probably haven't mentioned before, she's Chinese).

Then we went to sushi-ya for me to try out more new stuff (like with ramen-ya before... I haven't had any seafood!).

Had...

salmon sashimi
hokkikai
roasted flounder
beef
... some sushi I forget
prawns
tempura
fried sweet potato
chocolate mousse
vanilla ice cream waffle
melon yogurt

mmexport1361249243646jpgde.jpg

20130218173818jpgdy.jpg

20130218173552jpgat.jpg

Not pics of everything but oh well~ tempura is the absolute best. soooo delicious.

Then went to the movies... but still had like 50 minutes until it started so we just sat together first. Saw Hansel & Gretel, it was nice~

annnd that's basically it!

Tell us earlier next year! xP~ Better later than never, so Happy Birthday! Oh, and lets PSN soon ^^

I've mentioned it a few times actually! Before Emitan's birthday, during Emitan's birthday, and possibly again after my first Friday dinner!

Yes, that's exactly why I changed my avatar. I knew it all along!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GMUN!

A Mio for my birthday, nothing could be better!

Yeah, While it was troubling, her character is a good mechanism to give the girls at least a somewhat better balance between cake eating and practicing, although I'll dwell on that a bit more next episode review. :)
I'll wait until you post your thoughts on the next episode to share my thoughts on introductory Azusa.
Well I suppose you wouldn't have to organize the Birthdays, you would just need to edit the OP to put it in there I guess, where everyone could see them ;P

Just an idea ;)
If anyone wants to do it sure, but it would probably be seen by more people if it were posted on this page instead, since...
|
V​
Silly thebatman, the moment a thread reaches page 2 the OP no longer exists, FACT .

A Mio for my birthday, nothing could be better!
Yes!
And I take it that's her in the striped shirt?

Madao

i'm hungry now.. ;_;

today was a weird day for me. on one side, i felt like i was wasting time by not doing anything but on the other one, there was nothing to do since there were no games i wanted to play and no new eps on the animes i'm following.

so i just ended up watching about 5 eps of Sailor Moon and some game streams.

i'm hungry now.. ;_;

today was a weird day for me. on one side, i felt like i was wasting time by not doing anything but on the other one, there was nothing to do since there were no games i wanted to play and no new eps on the animes i'm following.

so i just ended up watching about 5 eps of Sailor Moon and some game streams.

Which season SM?

Mahvel streams? :D

It's sad no one looks at OPs anymore :( It's where I got the chibi azu icon xD

Anyway, time for bed, I'll post EP 9 thoughts tomorrow :)
Haha, it's mostly a joke, but I doubt many revisit the first post very often at all.
And yeah, I recognized that Azusa head. lol

I'll be looking forward to it!
Hah yeah, that's her. Probably should've taken a pic of her but oh well~
You should have taken the picture a little further up so I could see her... shoulders...

It always sucks when that happens.

Went with crummy cell phone picture again. Too tired from studying and chatting online in Japanese (Text-based of course) to head down and scan so here you guys go. All this love in GuessMyUserName's posts is half the reason why I decided to finally finish this doodle.

Just what do they do for work?! said:

If tracking isn't lying, then tomorrow afternoon I will be home to receive the K-ON art book, finally.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes~

Happy (belated) Birthday!! Sorry I missed it yesterday.

Also, you are one lucky guy ;).

Lets PSN with Castlevania, actually. Game's actually pretty fun.

So is DMC 3. Only played the first couple of missions, but it's fun. Hopefully I can get somewhat competent at it

As far as birthdays go, a calendar would be a good idea since I'm old and forget stuff all the time.

Went with crummy cell phone picture again. Too tired from studying and chatting online in Japanese (Text-based of course) to head down and scan so here you guys go. All this love in GuessMyUserName's posts is half the reason why I decided to finally finish this doodle.

If tracking isn't lying, then tomorrow afternoon I will be home to receive the K-ON art book, finally.

Cool, I wouldn't have guessed you would have drawn them. One thing I wanted to point out is that Mrs. H's head seems a little on the big side, and her body seems a little formless. You should draw the shape of her body than apply her clothes on. The picture might have come off more intimate if they were drawn closer together as well, but that's not too important.

Nafe

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to GuessMyUserName.

Also, it looks like I start and end the current page for 50ppp people. Neat.

---

Wow, super post! Very cool. Love your avatar btw. <3

Dragon's Dogma was my console game of 2012. Dark Arisen will be out in April with a thriving online Pawn community. Best fun I've had in a while. The souls games are great too but very tough learning curve, but rewarding play.

Thank you. :)
Sailor Venus is <3
This was my first avatar when joining NeoGaf and then I switched to a few others and now I'm back to using Venus.

Well, there was royal guard in DMC3, but I don't think that would matter to him given the level of skill demonstrated in that video.

Ah, that's right. It seemed like more of an advanced style so I didn't use it for a long while and stuck more with usually trickster or sometimes swordmaster. I never really used the gunslinger style.

Ah yes, I remember him. Getting into ninpo wars with him never ceases to be amusing. Like you said, it's not like ninpo matters on higher difficulties, so I fire them off on the off chance that the AI decides to get him by one. The fire wheel does have its uses on enemies that are like tanks, though. Smaller enemies will get knocked away, but it's pretty effective against bosses and the like. Projectiles seem to only be effective when the game requires you to use them to beat a boss or something along those lines.

Yeah, I'd use them more defensively as more of an out if it looked like I was getting maybe combo or counter combo'd too much. The phoenix fire wheel type one was probably the most handy as it then had multiple uses.

With the horsed samurai boss (Masakato or something I think it is) in mission mode you have the ice Ninpo that I think is completely leveled up and it almost breaks that one. Let him get close and use it and you instantly knock him off his horse and I think do some damage as well. Even on Master Ninja I think he was much easier with that but I still beat him without it.

I see you're not denying it!
I guess there's no point in denying the truth, though!

Well, through talking it seems I've gotten farther or beaten the higher or harder difficulties but you certainly seem to know the mechanics and strategies yourself.

I do remember those invulnerable bits in older games, but those were easy to spot because I was blinking or something. In modern games I guess I'm guess supposed to realize that certain frames of animation don't get attacked or things don't hit I guess... I dunno I'm just not great at action games to begin with, which is why if I play them I prefer 2D to 3D 'cause I can see what's going on. ;P

I've never gotten to a point where I ever feel like I gained a skill or that it gets easier as I go. Often times when I play a game like NG, if I get past a part it's because I got lucky and I can never seem to repeat it. After spending 26 of my 31 years playing games, I think it's safe for me to say it's just not something I'm naturally skilled at, and it would require more dedication than I'm willing to give. :/

Ah, well it's pretty much like Uraizen said in that sometimes the games will tell you but lot's of times it's through trial and error to see what works and what doesn't. There's enough times where you'll stumble across something maybe by accident as well and then you try to replicate it. Finally there's also reading or talking to people through message boards or maybe looking at their YouTube videos or even watching something like the Evo and related fighting game tournaments.

I guess it really is sometimes how much you put into it is how much you get out of it. I personally really enjoy these types of games so I play them more but it's true that they aren't for everybody. When I get around to finally getting a PS3 we can talk about the Atelier games then instead. The only related game I've played so far is Mana Khemia 2. The item crafting part in that was strangely really compelling.

Haha, I was just playing along with Regulus Tera's joke where he seems really interested in taking over with PreCure for whatever reason.

There is a disturbing lack of Mugi-chan, but maybe he's just not gotten to her yet.

As for my doodle thing, I kinda missed the Valentine's Day window, but the characters I'm drawing love it up all year long! In a work-safe (as far as we know) fashion!! SO I CAN AFFORD TO ah screw it, I'll get it done tonight while studying for the Japanese quiz tomorrow morning.

Nice drawings. Thanks for sharing.

Ah, well it's pretty much like Uraizen said in that sometimes the games will tell you but lot's of times it's through trial and error to see what works and what doesn't. There's enough times where you'll stumble across something maybe by accident as well and then you try to replicate it. Finally there's also reading or talking to people through message boards or maybe looking at their YouTube videos or even watching something like the Evo and related fighting game tournaments.

I guess it really is sometimes how much you put into it is how much you get out of it. I personally really enjoy these types of games so I play them more but it's true that they aren't for everybody. When I get around to finally getting a PS3 we can talk about the Atelier games then instead. The only related game I've played so far is Mana Khemia 2. The item crafting part in that was strangely really compelling.

I guess I'm in a weird place where I'm not terribly good at fighters and action games but I still enjoy playing them. I just usually try to find strategies that work and stick with them, while trying to avoid my instinctive button-mashing tendencies.

I'm a day late but happy birthday, GMUN

Happy (belated) Birthday!! Sorry I missed it yesterday.

Also, you are one lucky guy ;).

Happy belated Birthday GuessMyUserName

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to GuessMyUserName

Better late than never~ thanks!

Just don't scream out "Mio-chan!" in the middle of the proceedings.

I may or may not have done this already

Uraizen

Banned
Ah, that's right. It seemed like more of an advanced style so I didn't use it for a long while and stuck more with usually trickster or sometimes swordmaster. I never really used the gunslinger style.

Yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's probably the best style in the game. I didn't care much for gunslinger either, using swordmaster was almost the most fun.

With the horsed samurai boss (Masakato or something I think it is) in mission mode you have the ice Ninpo that I think is completely leveled up and it almost breaks that one. Let him get close and use it and you instantly knock him off his horse and I think do some damage as well. Even on Master Ninja I think he was much easier with that but I still beat him without it.

I did not know that, good to know, thank you.

Well, through talking it seems I've gotten farther or beaten the higher or harder difficulties but you certainly seem to know the mechanics and strategies yourself.

Yeah, you're made it further than I have in NGB or DMC3. I plan to go back to DMC3 after Rising, though. I want to fully upgrade my Royal Guard and go through the harder difficulties with Vergil.

Top Bottom