• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

I can't, Kanon has to be the next show I watch or Mike will hit me...I mean be upset at me. :(

He can be violent.

On a side note I keep seeing posts on blogs about it being K-On's 4th birthday as a show. Has this been brought up? If not....why?!?!

Either way...
tumblr_lvo8s2WlPO1qgby90o2_250.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
How does Hidamari compare to something like Azumanga Daioh?

That's kinda a tough one, 'cause Azumanga is basically the progenitor of all CGDCT slice-of-life shows that came after it. I'd say they're very similar, with Hidamari having a more relaxed tone and less slapstick/in-your-face humor than Azumanga had. While Hidamari does have its fair share of humor, I'd say it's more something that you watch when you just want to smile and be happy, rather than something you watch when you want to laugh like Azumanga.

That's kinda a tough one, 'cause Azumanga is basically the progenitor of all CGDCT slice-of-life shows that came after it. I'd say they're very similar, with Hidamari having a more relaxed tone and less slapstick/in-your-face humor than Azumanga had. While Hidamari does have its fair share of humor, I'd say it's more something that you watch when you just want to smile and be happy, rather than something you watch when you want to laugh like Azumanga.

Sounds a little like Kiniro Mosaic then. That show makes me smile so much <3

tumblr_mzgby3C52C1tnvrpvo1_500.gif

tumblr_n0y3olGaNA1t2iqgso1_r2_400.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There's also waaaaaaaaaay more Hidamari than there is Azumanga (60 episodes as opposed to 26, with the possibility of more in the future), so it'll last you a lot longer, too.

Hm... You explained it much better than I ever could <3

Sounds a little like Kiniro Mosaic then. That show makes me smile so much <3

It's even better than Kiniro Mosaic.

And... Nisekoi x Kinmoza?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, I feel pretty silly. I didn't know Kinmoza was a name for Kiniro Mosiac, or I would have watched it all already on Crunchyroll xD

Never doubt Crunchyroll's ability to give an unnecessary nickname to a show that really doesn't need it.

Something like Watamote or OreImo? Sure, give that an abbreviated nickname. But Kiniro Mosaic really did not need one.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well... Hidamari is on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/hidamari-sketch

Probably the only show that can make me squee on a Cajun level.

lHj6I6Q.gif

Man, I wish Hulu's anime selection weren't so amazing. It makes the fact that I hate them and avoid them at all costs hurt just a little. ;_;

Also, if you do watch Hidamari on Hulu, be sure to find the OVA episodes (as well as Hidamari Sketch x SP) elsewhere, since Hulu doesn't have them. They're definitely worth watching, especially SP, which consists of two of the best Hidamari episodes ever.

Man, I wish Hulu's anime selection weren't so amazing. It makes the fact that I hate them and avoid them at all costs hurt just a little. ;_;

Also, if you do watch Hidamari on Hulu, be sure to find the OVA episodes (as well as Hidamari Sketch x SP) elsewhere, since Hulu doesn't have them. They're definitely worth watching, especially SP, which consists of two of the best Hidamari episodes ever.

Only thing not on Hulu is x SP and Graduation Arc. All the other OVAs are there.

Well... Hidamari is on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/hidamari-sketch

Probably the only show that can make me squee on a Cajun level.

lHj6I6Q.gif

Thanks! I may have to get a Hulu + thing going here soon. I gotta look out for those OVAs more after I started watching half of TWGOK S3 before I realized I missed THREE OVAs >_>

LayLa

Speaking of Hidamari I just got vol 7 of the manga in the post today. The picture of Miyako on the back is super cute!

Top Bottom