• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT3| Keep on Keep on Singing Songs!

cajunator

Banned
3403087334.png

All hail cable monopoly.. T_T

Theres no monopoly here. Isp's cant pull much weight. So prices are low. That speed I posted is 50$/month

cajunator

Banned
I have to pay $50 for what I got. Man I feel ripped off :mad:

The thing holding back many us cities from higher speed access is old technology. Cable and dsl providers still use the old copper lines. The speeds have been maxed out for a while but isp's use the excuse of high startup costs and not enough income to force a stranglehold on the market. What Lafayette has done is basically built its own fiber network run by the city utilities and force the market to adapt to cheaper faster internet. Cox and bellsouth still exist but had to lower prices to reasonable levels.
That wasnt easy because both companies attempted to sue the city and they lost out to progress.
If a company like google is willing to absorb startup costs it will easily take over whatever market it enters. And ghats why I get near 100 mbps internet for the same cost some get 30.

MikeMyers

Somewhat off-topic but I hate how in Pokemon that Earthquake isn't a "always hits" move for grounded Pokemon. How the fuck do you dodge an Earthquake?

When I first felt the earthquake, I made sure I told my teammate in league of legend I going to be afk. Then I took a look of the figures, after that I hid under my desk, by the time I got under the earthquake is nearly over. ~_~

Yep, been so long since we had an earthquake like this I didn't know what to do.

I actually had a figure get damaged from the quake we had in DC a couple years ago. It was weird since I didn't think it was that big of a shake.

Glad all of your figures are ok ;).

LOLDSFAN

Late to the speed posting.

3404360013.png

I used to have super fast speeds when my sister used to live here and work at Comcast. Life was good. Now it's mediocre.

Top Bottom