• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Goo is the worst music show host ever, it has to be said. But she was funny as herself in Invincible Youth and I'm generally positively disposed towards idols in public relationships.

Goo is the worst music show host ever, it has to be said. But she was funny as herself in Invincible Youth and I'm generally positively disposed towards idols in public relationships.

m1Ha7.jpg

Goo is judging yew.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
swCfE.gif

P.S. Does anyone know which week this is from?

fXGHd.gif

It's good but SO TINY! I need to make a better one.

Peru

Ji Hyun Woo suddenly confessed to Yoo Inna at the screening, making fans shocked.

On 7th June, at the venue of the finale screening of Queen Inhyun’s Man, Ji Hyun Woo said: “I want to confess in front of the fans of the show, that loves us so much. I really truly like Yoo Inna-sshi. I hope you will give us your blessing.” This shocked the fans at the venue.

During the filming of Queen Inhyun’s Man, Yoo Inna and Ji Hyun Woo shared so much chemistry when the show wasn’t even half done, making rumors of dating spread.

Ji Hyun Woo expressed: “To be honest… The director promised me that he will help me become cheerful through this.. And I really became more cheerful through the filming..” He continues.. “In episode 14, there was a shot that I had to confess to Yoo Inna’s character. As I was trying to prepare my emotions for the filming, Yoo Inna came to my side, and put on headphones on me.. At that point, my tears started flowing, and it didn’t stop.” mentioning that it was an extraordinary feeling.

Yoo Inna expressed with disbelief saying:”After we leave this place, we need to have a serious talk over this.”

wtf.. dude is in love with his noona for real. are they dating or is it a desperate crush?

Peru

Don't know.. think she's looking a little gaunt lately, though, not suited to losing that much weight.

luso

Monster Hyuna gifs!
but the original fancam is better

Another day, another debut, Cross Gene:

The group is comprised of Korean, Chinese, and Japanese members [...]

Their name stands for the group’s ability to “cross the superior genes of each country to create one perfect group

hmm... ok.

Niks

^source?

Gaon Top 10 in May, 2nd figure means since January.

1 `Twinkle` Girls' Generation-TTS 139,388
2 Tarantallegra XIA (준수) 122,000
3 Infinitize 인피니트 (Infinite) 88,284
4 버스커버스커 정규 1집 버스커 버스커 (Busker Busker) 32,838 104,180
5 스무 살의 봄 (Single) 아이유 (IU) 30,975
6 THE B1A4 Ⅰ (IGNITION) (Special Edition) 28,053
7 미니앨범 Ulala Sensation 울랄라세션 24,497
8 `MAMA` EXO-K The 1st Mini Album EXO-K 23,429 84,762
9 베스트앨범 2PM Member's Selection 2PM 20,000
10 정규 1집 Une Annee 에이핑크 (Apink) 16,816

For the record, Big Bang has 267,319 for Alive since January.

Soshi since January:
`Twinkle` Girls' Generation-TTS 139,388
`The Boys` The 3rd Album 29,072
The Second Album `Oh! 7,634
Run Devil Run` The 2nd Album Repackage 7,222
1st Album: 5,122
훗(Hoot)` The 3rd Mini Album 4,619
1집 다시만난세계 (Into The New World single) 4,310

TOTAL: 197,367

No numbers for Gee and Genie

Edit: 1st Japan album sold 121,698 this year.

Goddam.
We will see more of TTS in the future no doubt.

·feist·;38649194 said:
If you don't know how I go about compiling content (cars, music, tech, anything), that's fine... but really?

lol dont take it to heart.
Its just annoying to scroll down through a 60 pic bomb. Also as far as I know photo-bombs were frowned upon in OT1 and OT2.

[GALAXY SUBS] [INTERVIEW] Mnet Spica Russian Roulette [Full version]

Best Hyorin.

lol dont take it to heart.
Its just annoying to scroll down through a 60 pic bomb. Also as far as I know photo-bombs were frowned upon in OT1 and OT2.
Even for Taeyeon?
Nah, that post was half past excessive, but I've never posted that much before, and won't ever again.

I'mma fuck all y'all up......
It's ok.
http://cfile29.uf.tistory.com/original/151B024F4F71F2F027FEBC

K-Pop use to be such a simple thing. There's been like two or three good debuts this year, no more new groups please.
Beyond Spica, and EXO, I'm currently drawing blanks on the rest. Does EXID even count?

ryan-ts

·feist·;38662040 said:
Beyond Spica, and EXO, I'm currently drawing blanks on the rest. Does EXID even count?

Those were my two picks, other was Busker Busker if you can count them.

Oh, and Ailee if we're counting solo as well.
Ailee is great, wouldn't mind more solo acts or even duos, trios as long as they can sing.

·feist·;38662040 said:
Don't forget B.A.P. I also like NU'EST, BTOB, Hello Venus, and JJ Project but they aren't as good as the ones mentioned.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Don't forget B.A.P. I also like NU'EST, BTOB, Hello Venus, and JJ Project but they aren't as good as the ones mentioned.

Ah, yes.. NUEST. I haven't got their song yet :( I really need to get on that because I've played that MV so many times.

Chesskid1

Banned
http://www.allkpop.com/2012/06/eover-100-groups-fight-for-music-program-slots-this-summer

http://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/comments/uqdxm/which_new_groupsartists_do_you_think_are_here_to/

some relevant reading about debuts.

i guess from reading that reddit thread, SPICA probably bombed and it probably won't be too shocking if they get dropped. i certainly hope that's not the case.

edit: damn painkiller only has 250k views over 2 months, russian roulette 450k. i need to figure out a better way to gauge popularity.

Dice

If they need some help, I can tell them the shitty groups they should drop. They typically make up 70% of the music shows.

Ah, yes.. NUEST. I haven't got their song yet :( I really need to get on that because I've played that MV so many times.
Did you get around to liking the video? I remember when the teaser came out you were talking about how bad it looked lol.

edit: damn painkiller only has 250k views over 2 months, russian roulette 450k. i need to figure out a better way to gauge popularity.
Also 독하게 at 500K. Those numbers aren't bad for a rookie group, I think they'll definitely stick around.

vanty

SPICA should have debuted with Painkiller. I struggled to get through Russian Roulette even once it was so boring. I forgot the group even existed until around a month ago when I think OC was talking about Painkiller and I checked it out and it was fucking great.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Did you get around to liking the video? I remember when the teaser came out you were talking about how bad it looked lol.

Also 독하게 at 500K. Those numbers aren't bad for a rookie group, I think they'll definitely stick around.

It's still is a bad/cheesy as hell MV. I played it just for the song :/ Their Music Core special stage was great though. I guess I'll get the song now.. lol

Boa, nooooo.

http://img.kbs.co.kr/tvnews/2012/1338882293.jpg
Woo Ri, nooooo.

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/06/eover-100-groups-fight-for-music-program-slots-this-summer

http://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/comments/uqdxm/which_new_groupsartists_do_you_think_are_here_to/

i guess from reading that reddit thread, SPICA probably bombed and it probably won't be too shocking if they get dropped. i certainly hope that's not the case.

Spica, nooooo.

No, really, WTF. There are polar bears dying, and people are listening to Twinkle?

I need to read those links when I have a moment.

Those were my two picks, other was Busker Busker if you can count them.

Ailee is great, wouldn't mind more solo acts or even duos, trios as long as they can sing.
Never paid much attention to Busker Busker. For some reason I thought they were juniors, at least.

Still haven't listened to NU'EST, but, due to effective marketing, I know who Ren is. I can't take B.A.P. seriously, and while I like Hello Venus (not the debut single), they need better material.

Ailee is better than many. She's a potential game changer. Still, I need more than Heaven, and a host of English/Korean covers to listen to. Once she improves upon her ability to emote, she'll be that much further ahead of the pack.

SPICA should have debuted with Painkiller. I struggled to get through Russian Roulette even once it was so boring. I forgot the group even existed until around a month ago when I think OC was talking about Painkiller and I checked it out and it was fucking great.
I still think it's arguably their best song, though none of the group members pick it as their favorite. The only hang up I had with the track was getting over the less than original hook. I quickly wiped the MV from memory, and only watch their stage performances.

I love the fact that no one has to hide from the mic. Bottom tier Spica singing talent is still upper tier singing talent in most groups.

cj_iwakura

So uh, K-Pop GAF, would there be an objection to me doing a K-HipHop thread?

Between this thread and the hip-hop one, it's bound to be torn asunder, but I feel the genre needs more love.

Alta1r

Wth. I assumed their popularity with kpopgaf was a good proxy for their popularity overall. They're getting dropped? Their low video popularity is not too surprising though, lol.

Peru

Not getting dropped, debut did OK for rookies and they seemed to get hardcore fans at shows quickly.

Their debut EP was so great, though, it almost felt like a waste to release it as a debut when few people would hear anything but the title track.

Chesskid1

Banned
yeah, SPICA is fine. people are just speculating about which debuts will last, and SPICA seems to be doing the worst popularity-wise.

it always seemed to me the more serious a song is, the less successful it is, ie hello venus was hella popular and russian roulette received very little attention. people just eat up the cutesy stuff.

Dice

Life is depressing enough.

No more words kiss me goodnight.

Deadly

So uh, K-Pop GAF, would there be an objection to me doing a K-HipHop thread?

Between this thread and the hip-hop one, it's bound to be torn asunder, but I feel the genre needs more love.
Not against it but the K-pop thread itself is barely alive.. Most of us just hang around here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom