• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Tears is FANTASTIC. A+++++++++++

I don't know if it's just me, but Gary's rapping always sounds kind of off beat to me. Maybe his flow is just different from what I'm used to. I prefer Tablo's type of flow, but this song is great.

Selane

Figaro and News were terrible

ilRdmxhroBc61.gif

Peru

lmao

EXO-K's Chanyeol has several Panns [1] [2] running around Nate right now over a Cyworld post he wrote in 2008 when he auditioning for SM.

His post states:

"Ah ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I went to SM and met SNSD ㅋㅋㅋ
They were all bare faced so they were ugly
But Taeyeon looked hot.............
She's fu*king pretty
But not as pretty as Hoyeon"

Hoyeon is speculated to be his girlfriend at the time judging by his post history.

Read more at Omona They Didnt: http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/10502052.html#ixzz2IxQXT4u2

Tears is FANTASTIC. A+++++++++++

I don't know if it's just me, but Gary's rapping always sounds kind of off beat to me. Maybe his flow is just different from what I'm used to. I prefer Tablo's type of flow, but this song is great.

It's not just you... his flow is actually really unusual. He exaggerates certain syllables in odd beats, pretty much delaying the point of impact(if you will). I personally prefer Simon D's flow, but Gary's flow is very interesting to listen to because you can never get you used to it.

Also, it looks like I've hit a nerve regarding 9Muses lol. I just don't hear anything that makes me want to come back to it. I've listened to Figaro and News more than 5 times, trying to hear something that'll actually make me go download it but I can't find anything. They're hot, talented and they can sing well, but that's not enough.

My ears need something to anchor on within the music and those two songs just don't have it. Ticket's intro is fantastic, and it just builds up until you get to this awesome chorus and the entire song is just fun to listen to. Dolls on the other hand, it doesn't catch me until the verse but it just stays on that level throughout the entire song so it's not as interesting as Ticket.

And since somebody brought up IGaB... I actually don't listen to it anymore. It just faded off my playlist, but despite all that hokey tempo changes and whatever the song actually has something to anchor on. I can actually listen to certain parts and it keeps my attention enough where I don't skip it. But these days, I don't voluntarily look for it unlike Genie or Mr. Taxi.

Sorry for having a different opinion and a weird musical taste.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's not just you... his flow is actually really unusual. He exaggerates certain syllables in odd beats, pretty much delaying the point of impact(if you will). I personally prefer Simon D's flow, but Gary's flow is very interesting to listen to because you can never get you used to it.
It's like he's doing magic, like drunken kung fu style. It's mysterious and confusing but somehow completely effective at the same time. I mean listen to this:
http://youtu.be/gigzf8h7N84?t=2m46s

That's crazy, man! So cool.

Hyoyeon fans have a penchant for embarrassing themselves when it comes to other attractive idols.

JessicaGAF:
http://byun3113.megaplug.kr/sketchbook_index.flv

KrsytalGAF:
http://cfile10.uf.tistory.com/media/1112D94D50FE1AB9060289

2YOON
130122 : 2YOON - 24 7 @ 심심타파 (ShimShimTaPa )

1080p 130124 2YOON+GLAM&Moon Hee Jun~Wide Entertainment News@Live HD

[HD] 130117 2YOON @ Mnet Wide Entertainment News (720P)

Sunny haters step up
Too busy hating life.

Exactly.
Finally noticed last year Gil is effectively the only reason I like them.

Gary is ok, but he spends too much time off beat, and not riding the rhythm correctly. There are people who do this intentionally, for stylistic reasons, but it's obvious Gary isn't one of them.

Re-posting this track because it's that good. Also happens that everyone here rhymes better than Gary.

GAEKO, CHOIZA, SIMON D, PRIMARY - 난리good!!! (AIR)

Another example:
쌈디&다이나믹듀오&에픽하이 [CYPHER / GANGNAM CLIQUE 외] @SBS 2012 가요대전

Still one of the best on Running Man, though.

Figaro and News were terrible...
1312A1355029E515075FC4

Han Ji Min am disappoint.

Peru

Maybe go with half that content in a post, it's killing my browser.

I think it's pretty clear Gary does do that deliberately.

Ashhong

It's like he's doing magic, like drunken kung fu style. It's mysterious and confusing but somehow completely effective at the same time. I mean listen to this:
http://youtu.be/gigzf8h7N84?t=2m46s

That's crazy, man! So cool.

Ah ok, at least it's not just me that thinks this. It does sound like he's drunk or something. It's like he is just reading the words and not rapping. I do think he's doing it on purpose though and just how he is

Alta1r

Lol, for some reason this shirt makes perfect sense on her:

tumblr_mh4radGGQL1rs68xto4_500.jpg

Yeah, that's the thing that's kept me from really getting into Leessang. Gary's offbeat flows are good the first couple listens, but after that when I know the unusual style is coming but my brain still expects to hear something more...traditional, it's a bit off-putting.

Sorry for having a different opinion and a weird musical taste.

tumblr_mh49poE1f61r0igmuo1_500.gif

tumblr_mh4c6kS8FF1qhti6ro1_500.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
taengsic I may have posted 2 months ago but may have just reblogged. depends on how lazy I was feeling.

mNJAqbu.gif
nBgMlsu.gif

SZxNXSJ.gif
2fLPahu.gif

DXPett1

Think MBLAQ started off more popular with the Rain connection but BEAST have become more popular and with more hits.

Hopefully they can make an impact on their next comeback...

yeas she was sick... poor thang. :( whats the source of that show.. seen some gifs yesterday, but can't find it...
nm

I don't think it's anything new. Taeyeon has always given pretty big hints that she does not enjoy the limelight at all and is often reclusive, homesick etc...

Congrats to Haha and Byul
http://www.allkpop.com/2013/01/haha-reveals-his-wife-byul-is-3-months-pregnant
HaHa has just revealed that his wife Byul is 3 months pregnant!

He posted the news on his Twitter: “Everyone! Congratulate us! I’m going to be a father! [I guess I'm a man too]~! We are three months along~ Apparently very healthy too! Aigoo~ I’m embarrassed.. hehehe. My mouth was itching because I really wanted to brag to my fellow members, agency, and you all~!”

He continued, “They said we had to wait until they knew the baby was safe and settled, so I kept my mouth shut~! The baby is very healthy! Hehe, will you pray for our Dream to be tall~? Congratulations!! Congratulate us all you want~!! Thank you!! Hehe, now I’m off to go on a little trip~^^.”

HaHa and Byul held their wedding ceremony on November 30, but the couple had announced they filed for marriage and began living together beforehand.

Congratulations to the couple!

Some SISTAR 19

neoism

Hopefully they can make an impact on their next comeback...

I don't think it's anything new. Taeyeon has always given pretty big hints that she does not enjoy the limelight at all and is often reclusive, homesick etc...

yeah that one show 4 years ago..or so when sooyoung complained she really didn't know her because they never really talked/connected.. shes her own person doesn't need to confine with anyone else...i now the feel.

Peru

BoA interview http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2966054

Did you choose the concepts for your earlier albums, and how did you stay so disciplined at such a young age?

Yes, I decided to go with the powerful female warrior image. The company already makes too many decisions for you, and an artist also needs to develop her own thoughts and ability to speak out. Singers must know what they can do well and what they want to do on the stage.

Why did you think of becoming a singer so early, and why did you go overseas all of a sudden?

I don’t know. Maybe I’m weird, but going to school like others wasn’t important to me. My parents also supported my career. I went abroad at an early age because I was not afraid of anything. I didn’t draw that much attention in Korea with my first album, and I thought I could easily move to Japan and start over. Living abroad and being able to speak foreign languages made me feel alive. Believing that I had many opportunities as a young teenager made me brave in decision-making.

Ashhong

Damn his English is good.

He spent quite a bit of time in America and has a masters in Creative Writing from Stanford, and a bachelor's in English I believe.

He says his music is dark...he must have already forgotten about their last album. Thank God. Need new Tablo solo please

Jesus christ at YG stan comments

So proud of all YG's&#65279; artists <3

Are you shitting me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom