• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

I just listened to the new 9M 6x in a row. And it's still just as fantastic. The MV is a little lacking in Hyuna but damn the song's hitting the spot. Dat jazzy background is just too good.

tumblr_mgx3nnKlAQ1rmhyj8o1_500.png

What message are you talking about? In the recent controversy J.tune confirmed it was Lee Joon himself?

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/01/j-tune-camp-confirms-that-lee-joon-indeed-wrote-the-post-himself

After at first trying to put the blame on "hacker" (yes, Lee Joon is constantly using "hacked" e-mail), then back-pedalling a few hours later.

Dolls MV - terrible, and the concept white/black muses is used terribly. Can't believe this is after "News" and "Ticket", it's like they didn't realize how a song should be.

DXPett1

Didnt they always get similar recognition to BEAST? I thought "It's War" was kind of big?

I always thought BEAST were a little more global/senior to MBLAQ (they have had more hits) but I could be wrong. All I know is I want to see more of them. Their live performance in Sydney of Oh Yeah and Mona Lisa cemented them in my watch list forever

9 Muses "Dolls" on M!Countdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jdNKHM-u1i0

Girls are pretty, Sera is beautiful, Eunji is long hair is bad, song is terrible. As for choreography - I liked them moving around the stage (esp. Sera's transition at 04:14), but other than that this song has shit-ton of strange and unnecessary moves. They should have released a more dance song and made appropriate dance routine.

dokish - where ma YG pics at?

No No Eul

New Nine Muses is good stuff. Dat groove etc. Shame about the MV though. Personally, I blame Edgeward. Once he'd pointed out the similarities to AKB48's lingerie fest of a music video, the Dolls MV was always going to suffer by comparison. :p

ibflsdByiBD74T.png

Nice. Hopefully he'll upload some clean versions to his deviantART page or something.

ijfDg1Ip6f5l0.gif

Literally the most perfect gif of the most perfect girl.

I can think of one or two Hyominnie gifs that might change your mind. ;)

iVUR406nLdAAT.gif

llehuty

tumblr_lk3lm9glKU1qel7kio1_500.gif

Although the video is quite boring. They should have kept the heavy roation scenes out of the teaser IMO. The white/black concept was completely absent. And so weird seing LeeSem singing, I thought she was main rapper.

The funky intro of the mini is quite good also.

tumblr_mh47iok90U1qcew6ao1_500.gif

Edit:
tumblr_mh463nFmuB1qd67a3o1_500.gif

WTF, didn't notice that they were doing 4 different things in the mirror sequences. So weird.

Peru

Sunny haters step up

During a segment in which each member pointed out something another member could improve on, Sunny commented, “I wish Taeyeon would stop [getting wrapped up in her] depression. I’d like it if you would stop listening to sad music and putting yourself in a corner when you already don’t feel good. When you’re feeling down, come to me. I’ll make you [a soju-beef cocktail], and I’ll sing happy songs for you and do cute things.”

20130123_taeyeon_depression.jpg

Is this all manufactured or real?

If real - looks like Taeyeon is in a really shitty place right now.

If manufactured - why would you make up something like that?

"I Got a Bot" finally arrived yesterday and totally snagged the Sooyoung cover. All is right in the world. I can't imagine my rage if I had pulled Hyoyeon

neoism

i don't see the appeal of 9 muses at all...

Seems idol life is taking a toll on taeng... give her a lengthy vacation SM!

yeas she was sick... poor thang. :( whats the source of that show.. seen some gifs yesterday, but can't find it...
nm

GODDAMN tae. 0_o
In MBC "Radio Star" aired today, Girls' Generation (SNSD)'s TaeYeon said, "I got ear piercings to relieve stress, but I took it all out. I used to have 6 on both ears."
cool its subbednm dont think its the right one shrug

arkon

I always thought BEAST were a little more global/senior to MBLAQ (they have had more hits) but I could be wrong. All I know is I want to see more of them. Their live performance in Sydney of Oh Yeah and Mona Lisa cemented them in my watch list forever

Think MBLAQ started off more popular with the Rain connection but BEAST have become more popular and with more hits.

luso

Is this all manufactured or real?

If real - looks like Taeyeon is in a really shitty place right now.

If manufactured - why would you make up something like that?

Likely to be the ugly true. From time to time members spoke about Taeyeon closing too much into herself or not sharing her thoughts and inner feelings. I guess is how she is unless idol life changed her.

9 muses MV is in an almost standardized edition. Song is ok but I'm not enthusiastic.

Remyzero

I thought "Dolls" has a jazzy vibe going on. The girls can sing and they all have model figures. The live performance was a downer though and the simple choreograph was meh. Good song though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I thought "Dolls" has a jazzy vibe going on. The girls can sing and they all have model figures. The live performance was a downer though and the simple choreograph was meh. Good song though.
That's how it often is. I still support them and don't worry about it because Kara, 4minute, T-ara, and others also gave a lot of meh performances before they figured out how to generate energy and connect. They have improved a lot and will probably continue.

Alta1r

9M Dolls is even better today without a beer as it was last night after one. I'm looking forward to those Hyuna fancams.

inv6QEvxq06Lx.gif

Nice new avy, btw.

...or two Hyominnie gifs that might change your mind. ;)

Best IY. That Christmas/New Years special was fantastic. Including the shots of old people in the crowd who were like "what am I watching..." lol.

Sunny haters step up

20130123_taeyeon_depression.jpg

Sheeiiittt, I'd be depressed too if I had to look at and listen to that pink-haired chipmunk errday. I love Taengoo's completely dismissive response though, like "yeah...I gotta be nice cause we're on camera, but stfu."

tumblr_mh3ux7Frog1qlopyto1_250.gif
tumblr_mh3ux7Frog1qlopyto2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mh3ux7Frog1qlopyto3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mh3ux7Frog1qlopyto4_r1_250.gif

Merci beaucoup Dicetrain.

LowerLevel

Well, count me as one that actually likes the Song AND the MV. Even Rin's rapping skills have improved. Kinda reminds me of some old school RnB videos and choreography.

beatsan

Neo Member
Listened to 9muses twice, but still not feeling it. Maybe needs a few more listens before it snatches to brain?

On the other hand...MFBTY's "Sweet Dream" took one listen for me to get hooked. Such a great track. First track on the single is awesome too

Narolf

Banned
Listened to 9muses twice, but still not feeling it. Maybe needs a few more listens before it snatches to brain?

On the other hand...MFBTY's "Sweet Dream" took one listen for me to get hooked. Such a great track. First track on the single is awesome too

Thought you were Dice for a second. Want me to revamp your avatar? It could look better than that.

beatsan

Neo Member
Thought you were Dice for a second. Want me to revamp your avatar? It could look better than that.

That'd be cool, but been thinking of changing to Soyul soon. I haven't found the right pic yet.

I'm mostly a lurker here and there, so I'm not too familiar with anyone.

Edit: Lol. So that's why. Thanks, Dice. You too Narolf.

New Leessang!

Tears.

And unsurprisingly, it's pretty damn good.

Also, I listened to 9M's Dolls, and it's okay. It's actually the first time I've heard songs from 9M and I'm impressed. Figaro and News were terrible, but I could hear a lot of improvement with Ticket, but sadly Dolls isn't much of an improvement over Ticket. The jazzy feel catches my ears but about halfway through the song fails to capture my attention. Regardless, I'm impressed that on the first listen I can immediately hear some improvement between the past releases to the present. I'm definitely gonna start paying attention to them more.

Narolf

Banned
That'd be cool, but been thinking of changing to Soyul soon. I haven't found the right pic yet.

I'm mostly a lurker here and there, so I'm not too familiar with anyone.

Edit: Lol. So that's why. Thanks, Dice. You too Narolf.

Anytime. Dice used to pimp out Narsha in September 2011.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
New Leessang!

Tears.

And unsurprisingly, it's pretty damn good.

Also, I listened to 9M's Dolls, and it's okay. It's actually the first time I've heard songs from 9M and I'm impressed. Figaro and News were terrible, but I could hear a lot of improvement with Ticket, but sadly Dolls isn't much of an improvement over Ticket. The jazzy feel catches my ears but about halfway through the song fails to capture my attention. Regardless, I'm impressed that on the first listen I can immediately hear some improvement between the past releases to the present. I'm definitely gonna start paying attention to them more.
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom