• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

luso

Is this EXO? Bieber? Beyoncé? No

Some Sunny

tumblr_n3pcvxkAZr1sk21suo7_500.jpg
tumblr_n3pcybmlcL1sk21suo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_n3pabu9atB1qaeerfo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_n3p1zpPIzw1sky81uo1_500.jpg

Eldren

IFPI's 'Recording Industry in Numbers': U.S. at $4.4 Billion, Germany Overtakes U.K.

This is pretty interesting. South Korea entered the top 10 for the first time (at number 10, replacing the Netherlands), with a total of $211 million record sales for 2013. It's up 9.7% on 2012, the biggest increase in the top 10. When you look at Japan though, with a total of $3.01 billion sales, it makes sense why k-pop acts release Japanese-focused records and promote there.

Need a firefox one asap!

There is one linked in this thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797609

I'm using it, it works well enough. I just wish we could have that hover to play function.

The script is just fine if you tweak it to your liking.
To get hover-to-play, I just added the following code to it:
Code:
var vid = document.getElementsByTagName("video");
[].forEach.call(vid, function (item) {
	item.addEventListener('mouseover', hoverVideo, false);
	item.addEventListener('mouseout', hideVideo, false);
});

function hoverVideo(e)
{	
	this.play();
}
function hideVideo(e)
{
	this.pause();
}
It´s Taeyoun! LOL
BkssfOFCAAIfbAD.jpg:large

That man on the right looks like a fusion of Iwata and Reggie.

No No Eul

I've been catching up on the last eight days' worth of thread. That was quite a rollercoaster. The Hyoyeon thing seems really weird. As others have said, there is surely much more to that story than meets the eye.

The Tiffany/Nichkhun thing is great. I couldn't be happier for the two of them.

I'm pretty bummed out now that Jiyoung has finally left Kara but pleased for her at the same time since she seems really excited about moving on to pastures new.

Music-wise, the new Apink mini is much better than I was expecting, although I think it's still their weakest EP. There are some solid tracks on there, Crystal being my favourite.

Crayon Pop's latest is a lot of fun but the song itself doesn't really do it for me. It sounds too much like a jingle from a commercial IMO.

I love Akdong Musician's 200%, the MV even more so.

tumblr_mrx5m73yHT1qa43pao1_250.gif
tumblr_mrx5m73yHT1qa43pao2_250.gif

Been really enjoying Jun Oh from Casker's solo project JUUNO these days, Pastel put out a live/music video for one of the tracks today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwBu_Vbj5lk

Great stuff.

That is fantastic.

2San

The script is just fine if you tweak it to your liking.
To get hover-to-play, I just added the following code to it:
Code:
var vid = document.getElementsByTagName("video");
[].forEach.call(vid, function (item) {
	item.addEventListener('mouseover', hoverVideo, false);
	item.addEventListener('mouseout', hideVideo, false);
});

function hoverVideo(e)
{	
	this.play();
}
function hideVideo(e)
{
	this.pause();
}
Yes this seems to work. I put autoplay on false. So does this mean the cpu won't get overworked when there are tons of webm's in a thread?

edit: It seems that the firefox plugin got updated with hover to play as well.

Blablurn

Mr Mr really grew on me in the last weeks. Great song. Love how it builds up till it reaches a very high point near the end. It just explodes. Good vibes.

NONA9ON - #1

It's a clothing line brand, Natural Nine. Samsung Everland and YG making fucking clothing.

The brand will target young consumers around the world interested in street culture and hip hop

Andamo

Neo Member
Can anyone comment on Music-Plaza.com or kpoptown.com as places to purchase Kpop online?

I've only ever used YesAsia, but I don't really like their service, so I'd like to know what other people use.

Thanks!

I just got out of Shinee's concert, totally blown away. One of the best live shows i´ve seen on the Luna Park, a regular venue for international artists in my country.

- Taemin > all, goddamn that guy can dance and sing.
- Jonghyun, goddamn that guy sure can sing, he was singing almost in every song during the whole concert, you could hear him clearly sing and nail those high notes, Taemin and him stole the show with Symptoms and Lucifer.
- The ballads like Sympoms, Orgel and Sleepless night sounded incredible, i did not expected that.
- Key spoke in spanish a lot, he surely was having fun with the audience. He had a mic problem during he Macarena but he managed to pull it off nicely.
- Jonghyun said he was completly surprised by how everyone was singing the songs in korean with them, how passionate is people here.

Overall i´m extremely happy for having seen this guys live, miles away better than Super Junior, the other kpop band i´ve seen live.
The only thing that i see negative about this is the fact that the venue was not sold out, maybe 85%. It´s sad that local fandoms can´t grow up and support this acts who are almost a gift to us, this guys come from literally the other side of the world here and even if your not their biggest fan you need to support them because supporting them eventually supports the band you like and cheer for.

BTW, LMAO at the 24 versions of the Exo mini album. $M. xD

Fafnir

I seen Shinee a couple times live. Probably because I'm a hetero male, but they were kind of boring for me and didn't have "it". I remember they did their whole bit with the Wolverine laser claws in the air but they just looked terrified lol

I seen Shinee a couple times live. Probably because I'm a hetero male, but they were kind of boring for me and didn't have "it". I remember they did their whole bit with the Wolverine laser claws in the air but they just looked terrified lol

LOL i´m hetero too, i even went with my girlfriend. xD Luckly they did not do the whole flying wolverine thing for Lucifer, just the regular choreo.

Shinee is one of my favorite male bands of k-pop, along with Infinite and TVXQ. I´m happy to be able to scratch that "i wish i could see them live" of my list. :)

If i managed to see soshi live somebody else would need to scratch that for me because i would die right there lol.

Goddess Tae teaching a Thai news anchor how to twinkle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzzwbUkDHNA

Also shooting something for B-ing.

dokish

Banned
Mu Swede friend who graduated from KLI said he is having a hard time with the lessons at Korea University.

( '⌒')

I don't wanna live in this planet anymore.

Top Bottom