• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Fucking laptop broke down as well. So now I have two broken pc's and a mobile plan which lets me use about two hours of internet a month before nerfing it to the ground. Can only access kpop when I'm at work, and then I'm stuck with the shittiest speaker imaginable and have to keep the volume low in case people hear me. Can't believe I almost missed Red Velvet performing Something Kinda Crazy and Candy in the rain. Now that I've seen Irene awkwardly dancing in the rain my life is complete, and I can die a happy man. If they had performed Stupid Cupid as well I might just have become a man of faith as well.

I'm being all kinds of productive though. Finally plugged in my tv, which has been collecting dust for the last 2-3 years, despite paying a annual license fee the entire time, and started poking away at my backlog. Starting with the Wii. Mad World is probably neat, but I can't fucking stand playing a beat 'em up like that with fucking motion controls, so I dropped that quickly. Then it turns out I already completed New Super Mario Bros Wii, and I can't for the life of me remember it at all, so I guess the game probably wasn't particularly great. Been enjoying Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, though more than anything it's making me want another Tactics Ogre game. I'll probably give Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 another go next. Or maybe I'll get of my ass and send my stationary to someone who can fix it.

My laptop probably broke down to prevent me from seeing this teaser, because the look at the end nearly killed me. Yeeun has always been the best in WG, but this is on another level. Tier changing levels.

I'm pondering the "It's just henna" reaction, everytime an idol gets a tattoo.

It's because
All tats are ugly.

It's the exact same reaction as you saw after Jessicas weibo post. People don't want it to be true.

When you get a tattoo you mark yourself for Satan.

#BanAllTattoos #BurnTheirTattoodSkinOfTheirFlesh

In all seriousness, tattoos fucking suck. I hope Irene keeps her skin pure.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
all tats are really ugly tho, i can't stand tats on anybody.

Considering I am covered with them I can't say I agree, but I noticed like a seriously large amount of anti-tattoo sentiment amongst k-pop fans (on other boards). I know that Korea looks down on tattoos, like most of Asia, so I wonder if it's an Asian thing. Just asking. Not that I am saying that some people who aren't Asian, can't hate them either haha. The k-pop demo is large as hell. It's worldwide. It's just that...a lot of k-pop fans I've seen, just hate the things, lol.

Considering I am covered with them I can't say I agree, but I noticed like a seriously large amount of anti-tattoo sentiment amongst k-pop fans (on other boards). I know that Korea looks down on tattoos, like most of Asia, so I wonder if it's an Asian thing. Just asking. Not that I am saying that some people who aren't Asian, can't hate them either haha. The k-pop demo is large as hell. It's worldwide. It's just that...a lot of k-pop fans I've seen, just hate the things, lol.

Mr. F0rneus, any part of your body that is tattooed please.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

i7pfcnemkcfzqovqoq.gif

so I wonder if it's an Asian thing. Just asking. Not that I am saying that some people who aren't Asian, can't hate them either haha. The k-pop demo is large as hell. It's worldwide. It's just that...a lot of k-pop fans I've seen, just hate the things, lol.

Asian here and nah I don't hate them. Like the only reason why I'd get one myself is if I had a very compelling reason, but that doesn't mean I hate them either.

A lot of the tattoo hate comes from the fact that many people think they're rebels or what have you. And while this is true to an extent, that's not really what tattoo owners think. Basically, it's their way of expressing themselves... and honestly, I don't see how you can hate something like that.

Also, one of the sexiest women I've ever met was this tatted up photographer at a rock music festival here in DFW. I was in the photographers area by the stage snapping up some fodder shots of The Get Up Kids and she slides in that small ass space next to me, in a tank top and shorts wrapped with tats all over that accentuated her curves. She was full "rebel" if you will, piercings on her nose and on her right eye, but it was "well placed" that she looked fncking amazing through and through.

I wanted to speak game but with big ass loud speakers blaring in front of us, obviously that wasn't possible lol. I later learned she's a huge photographer for a very popular music website here in DFW so I'm kinda glad I didn't coz my college-radio ass was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of her league. Like I'd be super duper, Ant-Man sized small time compared to her lol.

I do find it amazing how many people hate it though. My policy on most things that affect people in a very big way is: if it doesn't affect me, then why should I hate it?

That same line of thinking is why I'm perfectly fine with plastic surgery. But that's another topic that I'm sure we'll get to one day lol.

ramyeon

Sure she should find something that fits for the occasion, challenge herself, and that's what was good about the 2nd song compared to the first. Ruining that funky thing with EDM farts would be disastrous, and the PMS screaming EDM sounds joke is running thin after three episodes of it. But yeah hopefully the vote thing was all for show.
Oh yeah, they tend to drag those jokes on though. Jaesuk was the same with Heeyeol last time and we all know that ended pretty well. I don't think they'll actually tack EDM onto the song and if they do then I'll be shocked, fingers crossed.
The way Koreans feel about tattoos is changing pretty rapidly with the younger generation. It's technically still illegal to operate tattoo parlors there but a lot of younger people are doing it and getting them regardless.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Also, one of the sexiest women I've ever met was this tatted up photographer at a rock music festival here in DFW. I was in the photographers area by the stage snapping up some fodder shots of The Get Up Kids and she slides in that small ass space next to me, in a tank top and shorts wrapped with tats all over that accentuated her curves. She was full "rebel" if you will, piercings on her nose and on her right eye, but it was "well placed" that she looked fncking amazing through and through.

I wanted to speak game but with big ass loud speakers blaring in front of us, obviously that wasn't possible lol. I later learned she's a huge photographer for a very popular music website here in DFW so I'm kinda glad I didn't coz my college-radio ass was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of her league. Like I'd be super duper, Ant-Man sized small time compared to her lol.

I do find it amazing how many people hate it though. My policy on most things that affect people in a very big way is: if it doesn't affect me, then why should I hate it?

That same line of thinking is why I'm perfectly fine with plastic surgery. But that's another topic that I'm sure we'll get to one day lol.

Hey who knows...Maybe she didn't have a big head about her success and you missed an opportunity lol. I do love tattoos on women though. Makes idols look so much sexier. Grrrr. If Kyungri or Nana got tattoos, I think I'd never stop talking about them in this thread...Like...daily. So maybe it's better they don't get any lol. Seriously, body art is a huge turn on for me. It's like...adding to a woman's natural beauty. It's like their skin, becomes a worthy canvas to beautiful art. In k-pop it's always very light for the girls anyway, except Amber who's pretty tatted up now. Which is hot.

I agree with plastic surgery though. It really doesn't affect me, and I think it's fine. It's a personal choice after all.

It does affect me though. It affects me visually.

tumblr_m72cdhxdrv1rss11szz.gif

The way Koreans feel about tattoos is changing pretty rapidly with the younger generation. It's technically still illegal to operate tattoo parlors there but a lot of younger people are doing it and getting them regardless.

I noticed in Running Man, that Gary often is wearing these weirds sleeved things, because he obviously has tattoos on his arms. I think it's bizarre lol. I don't know why it would be a subject of censorship, unless it's a tattoo like Tinker Bell doing herself with a light switch (I still remember that one lol).

I noticed in Running Man, that Gary often is wearing these weirds sleeved things, because he obviously has tattoos on his arms. I think it's bizarre lol. I don't know why it would be a subject of censorship, unless it's a tattoo like Tinker Bell doing herself with a light switch (I still remember that one lol).

Something about the network+air time = no tattoos. Pretty silly especially when so many musicians are known for having them yet always have to cover up. Most are 100% harmless or nothing offensive so there is no real reason other than old people keeping their old rules in tact -coughnojapaneseontvcough- something several big networks still enforce for no real reason these days. I know in Japan it's an old mindset that any tattoos = gang affiliations (even though the types of tattoos gangs get in Japan are and always were extremely specific and not just any old tattoo.) Not sure on the specifics of why South Korea is so against it other than just being weirdly conservative about nothing.

But yeah, a shitty tattoo is a shitty tattoo no matter how much love you have for your favorite celebrity lol.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Something about the network+air time = no tattoos. Pretty silly especially when so many musicians are known for having them yet always have to cover up. Most are 100% harmless or nothing offensive so there is no real reason other than old people keeping their old rules in tact -coughnojapaneseontvcough- something several big networks still enforce for no real reason these days. I know in Japan it's an old mindset that any tattoos = gang affiliations (even though the types of tattoos gangs get in Japan are and always were extremely specific and not just any old tattoo.) Not sure on the specifics of why South Korea is so against it other than just being weirdly conservative about nothing.

But yeah, a shitty tattoo is a shitty tattoo no matter how much love you have for your favorite celebrity lol.

I do agree about shitty tattoos haha. Some idols like Hyorin and Narsha have really awesome ones. I just searched Gary's ones and man they are amazing. Then you get Kahi with her misspelled neck tattoo. She's still gorgeous, but...Man. A misspelling in a tattoo. Lol. Multiple misspellings even.

ramyeon

Tattoos have a history of gang association in Korea, too. I'm going to say that it's likely that a lot of them were influenced by Japanese gang tattoos during the colonial period.

vanty

I do agree about shitty tattoos haha. Some idols like Hyorin and Narsha have really awesome ones. I just searched Gary's ones and man they are amazing. Then you get Kahi with her misspelled neck tattoo. She's still gorgeous, but...Man. A misspelling in a tattoo. Lol. Multiple misspellings even.

HYORIN WAT?? She looks worse than Lim since she got that monstrosity.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
The Lee Jung Hee scam should be seen as an indictment of Kpop news blogs but will likely be forgotten or ignored like Clara.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The Lee Jung Hee scam should be seen as an indictment of Kpop news blogs but will likely be forgotten or ignored like Clara.

What it was a scam?! If her story was true than people were always trying to cover it up. What the fuck happened?

It does affect me though. It affects me visually.

Lol ok.

Hey who knows...Maybe she didn't have a big head about her success and you missed an opportunity lol. I do love tattoos on women though. Makes idols look so much sexier. Grrrr. If Kyungri or Nana got tattoos, I think I'd never stop talking about them in this thread...Like...daily. So maybe it's better they don't get any lol. Seriously, body art is a huge turn on for me. It's like...adding to a woman's natural beauty. It's like their skin, becomes a worthy canvas to beautiful art. In k-pop it's always very light for the girls anyway, except Amber who's pretty tatted up now. Which is hot.

Bahahaha. Everytime I see a seriously tatted up girl I'm instantly reminded of her actually. Maybe one day when I'm back on the music festival beat again.

I do agree though, there needs to be some more tatted up idols. I'm pretty sure a lot of the sexier/provocative imaged idols already have one, or want one, so I say more power to them. Just please make it look good lol. Hell, if they want somebody they can trust, I know a guy who does tats really well and he's a fellow Miata owner so we're cool lol.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
What it was a scam?! If her story was true than people were always trying to cover it up. What the fuck happened?

I'd have to imagine if you have enough money and power to bury such heinous charges you would also have no issue stopping the articles before they were written. We've seen it happen countless times where issues drop off the page for good.

I imagine that with hysteria the legend grew that the story was taken off major portals. LJH's story suggests that she could be taken down at any moment but she keeps reappearing.

luso

Not a fan of tattoos but I can tolerate small ones if they are not terrible.

What's about that Lee Jung Hee news? I don't followed details but I saw a video were apparently they were caught faking testimonies? But I also reckon media investigation in Korea is manipulative, I can recall some report about foreign man being pictured as almost sexual predators and korean girls portrayed as innocent victims, or something like that.

Cutie

ramyeon

What's about that Lee Jung Hee news? I don't followed details but I saw a video were apparently they were caught faking testimonies? But I also reckon media investigation in Korea is manipulative, I can recall some report about foreign man being pictured as almost sexual predators and korean girls portrayed as innocent victims, or something like that.

Cutie
It is indeed. I mean in a lot of cases foreigners in Korea are, sadly, actually like that. I think the issue people had with that report was that it was essentially demonising all foreigners, the whole segment had a really strong xenophobic vibe it was really awkward to watch.

I won't touch the LJH stuff with a 10 foot pole, haven't read into it enough and don't know enough information that isn't second hand to make a comment on it. All I'll say is that I think any claims like the ones she made need to be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly, but I also would not be surprised if there were lies and fabrications within her story simply because it just sounds so horrific.

Edit: Just caught up on the news from today, this is what I get for playing video games all day. Well, no surprises. The stories were appalling to the point of being farfetched to begin with and the lack of police action on the case should have clued people in that something was not quite right. I was sceptical from the get go but like I said I do tend to believe rape and sexual assault cases like this should be given the benefit of the doubt regardless. Crazy that even CNN was reporting on this without investigating any further though.

---

Looks like Sonamoo had to change some lyrics in their chorus for Inkigayo tonight? As soon as they started the chorus it seemed really jarring since I've had the song playing in my head all week. Weird.

They changed the "You're really soft" and "You're just like a water bed" parts to "When our eyes meet" and "My heart stops" respectively.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That lyric change is hilarious because it changes absolutely nothing about how blatantly suggestive the performance is.

TEHJOE

Neo Member
I know it's irrational to be angry at what ostensibly is a gossip blog, but I feel a genuine animosity towards netizenbuzz regarding LJH. I think it's fair to throw stones concerning the introduction of netizens to an already decaying fan culture but there's a difference between translating a crappy Pann troll post and dabbling in the depths of a sex crime.

LJH's story had serious systemic problems from the start, and not in the sense that LJH has not been given a fair shake (we really can't tell) but rather that the story doesn't make rational sense. A massive conspiracy has to be assumed just to cover the bases.

There's never been a summary of even the most basic facts regarding the case, just translated comments. NB even changed her site's banner to push an image of solidarity but continued to muddy the depths by splintering the story further. Feeding the hysteria for more hits, openly hindering any potential progress.

A few weeks ago she posted a rant on complaints about her blog. This quote is taken slightly out of context but it reflects the current situation "I don't have an obligation to shit. You don't get to dictate where the responsibility of my blog lies in."

ramyeon

I know it's irrational to be angry at what ostensibly is a gossip blog, but I feel a genuine animosity towards netizenbuzz regarding LJH. I think it's fair to throw stones concerning the introduction of netizens to an already decaying fan culture but there's a difference between translating a crappy Pann troll post and dabbling in the depths of a sex crime.

LJH's story had serious systemic problems from the start, and not in the sense that LJH has not been given a fair shake (we really can't tell) but rather that the story doesn't make rational sense. A massive conspiracy has to be assumed just to cover the bases.

There's never been a summary of even the most basic facts regarding the case, just translated comments. NB even changed her site's banner to push an image of solidarity but continued to muddy the depths by splintering the story further. Feeding the hysteria for more hits, openly hindering any potential progress.

A few weeks ago she posted a rant on complaints about her blog. This quote is taken slightly out of context but it reflects the current situation "I don't have an obligation to shit. You don't get to dictate where the responsibility of my blog lies in."
Netizenbuzz is trash, this is nothing new. But in this case I think Netizenbuzz is a small fry. Even CNN was reporting on this and there was a Western oriented petition to get the South Korean government to intervene with close to 40,000 signatures.

Cuddler

Simply K-Pop Ep171 - 2BiC(투빅) _ It′s Summer(여름이잖아요)

So much time that I don't post here. Really surprised at how much I liked the Hara title track, I totally expect her to go full Hyuna, but she didn't. I also kinda liked Super Junior Devil, the songs that I liked more in the album are "Simply Beautiful" and "Don't Wake Me Up" by Super Junior D&E, really good. Unfortunate that Yesung is suffering from vocal cord nodules, his voice was way more clean before, I hope he can recover soon.

New Super Junior K.R.Y. Japanese release was also not bad:
SUPER JUNIOR-K.R.Y. / 「JOIN HANDS」(short ver.)
Super Junior T (minus Shindong and Sungmin) performing their song in the new album with the presence of Yoona:
Super Junior 슈퍼주니어_Comeback Stage '첫눈에 반했습니다 (Love at First Sight)'_KBS MUSIC BANK_2015.07.17
Red Velvet talk time with ShinDong as MC:
150724 레드벨벳RedVelvet - Talk [한미 호국보훈 나라사랑 음악회] by drighk 직캠fancam

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I think NetizenBuzz is still a good source, if only because it allows us to read comments from the other side of the k-pop/Korean scene. But her bias towards/against certain artists means that you'll only ever read shit about certain people (mostly girl groups), while her favorites get positive dumps all the time even during their scandals.

As for the LJH thing. I can't speak too much because we really do not know all the details. This entire story is shifty and bizarre as hell. Apparently, the TV show that exposed the woman as a liar, also revealed that the father once went to court over claims he molested 6 women. This whole thing smells rotten in every way.

tl;dr The most shocking thing is that knetz didn't blame T-ara. Yet.

Serious accusations/scandals like that are why I try to remain in the k-pop bubble. Actual issues in South Korean society make it extremely clear why S.K. has such a low rating on the corruption and equality rankings ect. Though to their credit they have done an excellent job hiding this stuff from the rabid fans of their media. I doubt most would look at the country as some musical and drama paradise if they realized how the real issues other than who x is dating are handled. Over reliance on random internet comments and gossip notwithstanding.

edit: shoutouts to the AOA commercial during Tekken Crash... see how easy it is to forget the serious stuff @.@

llehuty

BEAST(비스트) - 예이 (YeY) M/V
This is a solid effort.

[Teaser] 유승우(Yu Seung Woo)_예뻐서(You are beautiful)
MVfeaturing cutie Eunha from Gfriend

So, final April member reveal:
[Teaser] APRIL(에이프릴) HyunJoo(현주)
6 members, 2 of them from Kara Project. The 6 of them look like clones at this point. I definitely see why the other baby kara girls didn't make the cut if DSP had this concept in mind beforehand. Let's see how this goes...

ramyeon

I think NetizenBuzz is still a good source, if only because it allows us to read comments from the other side of the k-pop/Korean scene. But her bias towards/against certain artists means that you'll only ever read shit about certain people (mostly girl groups), while her favorites get positive dumps all the time even during their scandals.

As for the LJH thing. I can't speak too much because we really do not know all the details. This entire story is shifty and bizarre as hell. Apparently, the TV show that exposed the woman as a liar, also revealed that the father once went to court over claims he molested 6 women. This whole thing smells rotten in every way.

tl;dr The most shocking thing is that knetz didn't blame T-ara. Yet.
She also picks the comments that will create drama and get attention most as well as those that reflect her opinions, it's kind of weird. It's also helped fuel this "Us vs them" mentality that international fans have towards Korean fans imo.

neoism

Cutie
I dont really hate tats but the smaller and simple ones are best... like taes tat is small and in a spot not many ppl will see... but I do hate when a girl or anyone has a tat on their tail bone no matter how unique or cool it looks its just played out
Tae<3

I dont really hate tats but the smaller and simple ones are best... like taes tat is small and in a spot not many ppl will see... but I do hate when a girl or anyone has a tat on their tail bone no matter how unique or cool it looks its just played out

Tae<3

I was in senior year of highschool when those took off. So many chicks in school got those lame tramp stamps, can't imagine how many are kicking themselves for these shitty things lol.

Also watching the 2013 Infinity challenge music episodes. Rofling at HaHa's song being called Super Grassman. The whole thing is more funny than the usual IC episodes though I admit.

What? It's different but I definitely don't think it's necessarily more funny.

The random conversations between Yoo Jae Suk and Yoo Hee Yeol were hilarious to me. Both arguing about what kind of song to do, calling out JYP and other singers, HaHa and the band going all the way to YG just for food, BoA's stories about Gil it was all funny. I like those parts of IC more than the actual challenges themselves personally is all, and these were basically 4 and a half episodes of that. I tend to find the in between or before and after talks better than some of the stuff they do. Though some of the actual challenges are fun to watch.

ramyeon

Hyped for Yeeun keytar and Sunmi bass.

Not so hyped over the swimsuit outfit choice.

---

CK4RdTwUwAAnAoU.jpg:orig

Miryo solo out on the 30th.

ramyeon

I feel like this is going to be a major flop. I wonder if their instruments will even be plugged in.
If you think the Wonder Girls are going to be a flop then you don't understand the influence they've had on modern Kpop and the huge respect and fan following they still have.

As for the instruments, they recorded all the teaser stuff and we've even seen a video of Sunmi playing hers live. JYP doesn't half arse things and he wouldn't do this kind of thin simply as a gimmick. As for whether they'll be plugged in at Music Shows I'm going to say no simply because the shows actually don't allow it or have the set up for it. Even indie bands that go on them have to play with their instruments unplugged and that's why a lot of them opt to just not promote on them at all.
Argh, OCD kicking in again. Are Yubin's stockings different, or are her legs just tanner? OCD!
She's more tanned.

AReed

If you think the Wonder Girls are going to be a flop then you don't understand the influence they've had on modern Kpop and the huge respect and fan following they still have.

As for the instruments, they recorded all the teaser stuff and we've even seen a video of Sunmi playing hers live. JYP doesn't half arse things and he wouldn't do this kind of thin simply as a gimmick. As for whether they'll be plugged in at Music Shows I'm going to say no simply because the shows actually don't allow it or have the set up for it. Even indie bands that go on them have to play with their instruments unplugged and that's why a lot of them opt to just not promote on them at all.
Still calling it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

And I wasn't questioning their ability to play. Their whole gimmick (because it is a gimmick lbr) is a live band. It would be extremely lame to have their instruments unplugged on broadcast. Especially after these teasers. I was just reminded of CNBlue or some other kpop band having their instruments unplugged.

Top Bottom