• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Yeah but that's a military draft dodger. That's the biggest of all deals in SK. Anyway, I really didn't want to start a debate on Korean society's patriarchy or whatever. Let's all agree to disagree on it and let's move on. There's too much good music to be listened to. Ya'll need a big Goo Hara hug.

tumblr_lbof757cst1qapx6szv.gif

Hug does not apply to people not hyping the Wonder Girls.

broz0rs

I personally think that whatever issues some of the idols or idol groups may have that hindered their career doesn't matter as much as the fact that they're getting old as fuck. Idol careers typically span seven years before fans move on to something else or grow out of it. I'm quite surprised by the longevity of so many of the current groups, but the ones mentioned will never see the same level of success they hit while in their prime. Props to you guys who grew up and stuck with your favorite idols since their debut.

ramyeon

Mentioned him a couple of times in my posts, yeah.

Shame too, his music was great.
I personally think that whatever issues some of the idols or idol groups may have that hindered their career doesn't matter as much as the fact that they're getting old as fuck. Idol careers typically span seven years before fans move on to something else or grow out of it. I'm quite surprised by the longevity of so many of the current groups, but the ones mentioned will never see the same level of success they hit while in their prime. Props to you guys who grew up and stuck with your favorite idols since their debut.
The popular ones are set for life. Look at SES, Fin.KL, H.O..T, god, Shinhwa etc. members now. A bunch of them are still in the entertainment business and those who aren't are mostly by choice.

llehuty

I mentioned this before, but is it OK that I like Crayon Pop? There' something about them that I like.

Get into the original
(and superior)
version of Crayon Pop:

T-ARA (티아라) - bo peep bo peep
T-ARA(티아라) _ Roly Poly(롤리폴리) _ MV
T-ara(티아라) _ Lovey-Dovey (좀비 ver.) MV

Nah, original big bing choreo is the best. Hands in pockets ruined all the fun.

Kara lost their popularity in Korea because they neglected the market too long, I don't think it had much if anything to do with any kind of scandal. They basically became a Jpop group for a very long time.

Kind of off-topic, but that's definitely not the reason why Kara lost popularity. SNSD and 2NE1 were having having longer breaks in the korean market and almost the same focus on japanese releases during that time, and not a single fuck was given.

#Justice4KARA

ramyeon

Get into the original
(and superior)
version of Crayon Pop:

Kind of off-topic, but that's definitely not the reason why Kara lost popularity. SNSD and 2NE1 were having having longer breaks in the korean market and almost the same focus on japanese releases during that time, and not a single fuck was given.

#Justice4KARA
But Kara never had the level of popularity SNSD or 2NE1 has to begin with. Groups like that can afford to be absent for long spans of time and still retain their popularity simply because their fan bases are so huge and well established.

If you don't think that's the reason Kara's popularity faded then what do you suggest is?

Get into the original
(and superior)
version of Crayon Pop:

#Justice4KARA

That Roly Poly song has been stuck in my head for a while. I dont like the 'rap' part of it though. Same with Bing Bing. Thats way I like the 2nd version for a while.

llehuty

MOMO!!!
I still find hilarious the JYP backpedal to put her in the group.

But Kara never had the level of popularity SNSD or 2NE1 has to begin with. Groups like that can afford to be absent for long spans of time and still retain their popularity simply because their fan bases are so huge and well established.

If you don't think that's the reason Kara's popularity faded then what do you suggest is?
That's a good question.

I think that it was DSPs shitty management, that lead to the messy contract issues they had some years ago and that made them stop promotions when they were still peaking. Add on top of that the complete lack of power DSP has in the media (compared to YG and SM).

I don't think them promoting in Japan had any negative consequences to their popularity and would be at the same point even if they were promoting only in korea.

ramyeon

That's a good question.

I think that it was DSPs shitty management, that lead to the messy contract issues they had some years ago and that made them stop promotions when they were still peaking. Add on top of that the complete lack of power DSP has in the media (compared to YG and SM).

I don't think them promoting in Japan had any negative consequences to their popularity and would be at the same point even if they were promoting only in korea.
Good points but I think you're severely underestimating the effect their absence in Korea had on their popularity. Especially if you think they would have the same level of popularity now even if they had spent more time aggressively promoting and releasing music in Korea instead of doing that in Japan.

llehuty

Good points but I think you're severely underestimating the effect their absence in Korea had on their popularity. Especially if you think they would have the same level of popularity now even if they had spent more time aggressively promoting and releasing music in Korea instead of doing that in Japan.

Doing crazy promo does shit if you don't have an agency to back it up with proper media play, shitty scandals. See 9Muses (although they never had the popularity to begin with).

That is unless you sell you soul to the devil release a couple of Brave Bros productions.

ramyeon

Doing crazy promo does shit if you don't have an agency to back it up with proper media play, shitty scandals. See 9Muses (although they never had the popularity to begin with).

That is unless you sell you soul to the devil release a couple of Brave Bros productions.
Yeah, 9Muses is a really weird comparison to make here. If Kara had struck while the iron was hot and continued to release solid music while their popularity was peaking then their fan base would have only grown. Not sure why you don't see that. Instead, when they were just becoming a pretty big deal, they had fairly significant periods of time where they were out of the country promoting and releasing music in Japan instead.

llehuty

스텔라(STELLAR) - 떨려요(VIBRATO) (Dance Ver.) MV
Can't belive this is flopping on the charts. Can koreans get their shit together?

[MV] Gogo Star(고고스타) _ Lovein
It's ok, but I'm not feeling the chorus.

[MV] t YOON MIRAE(t 윤미래), Boys Noize _ #Capture The City
Rip Miryo.

전설[The Legend] 'Shadow' MV Teaser
Best male rookies of last year have yet to release a bad song.

Minx Play Episode - MINX in theater
They went to see Inside Out in their "no makeup" mode. Ji-U is so damn pretty *.*

Yeah, 9Muses is a really weird comparison to make here. If Kara had struck while the iron was hot and continued to release solid music while their popularity was peaking then their fan base would have only grown. Not sure why you don't see that. Instead, when they were just becoming a pretty big deal, they had fairly significant periods of time where they were out of the country promoting and releasing music in Japan instead.

I guess you are right. I still feel like they made the best choice (and again, you'll never see a bad comment about snsd focusing on japan, smh)

neoism

happy bday fany..
PJCZKTb.jpg

<3

lol she is interviewing the criuse missle today ...:p

lol i used the same pic luso but great minds think alike.. :p

Ashhong

here's who's on this page, from the top:

Seulgi (Red Velvet)

D.ana (Sonamoo)

Kyungri (Nine Muses)

Seolhyun / Seolhyun (AoA)

Hyejeong (gif) (AoA)

(BESTie)
U.Ji & Dahye / Dahye
U.Ji / U.Ji
Haeryung / Haeryung
Hyeyeon / Hyeyeon

Absolutely Disgusting guy

You are a true gentleman.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Mamamoo is going to be on Mucore tonight. I thought last week was the end of promos for this song? Sistar is also coming back to do Shake It. Seems so random. At least Hara is doing that hot song with Youngji.

Edit: Ah, it's a massive outdoor concert. Nice sound and good energy.

Edit 2: Yoo Seung Woo getting these female idols to just sit there so he can sing to them is awkward.

Edit 3: Outdoor evening concerts like this are the best for ballads like this Lee Ki Chan song.

Edit 4: Watching WGM only because JOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYY

ramyeon

Fan chants for Mamamoo today were legit.

And that ad lib haha.

"You thought it was our goodbye stage didn't you?"
"Nooooope! :p"

roaSone

Stellar's songs were always good almost (I still listen to Mask, Marionette, Guilty etc.. here and there). The thing is koreans can't watch/listen over their over sexy/provocation and thus aren't giving them any chances.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Holy shit Rania's still alive and they got new members too. They need to grace us with a new single ASAP.

Loci

Holy shit SG Wannabe comeback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt4fMMCNdRk

They haven't released anything together since 2011 when former member Chae Dong Ha committed suicide.

I really hope they get more diversity in their release this time.
I love ballads and all, but fuck me their shit all sounds the same.

Maybe they're able to produce another classic tho, you never know.

Should have picked up Lee Hyun, since 8eight is dead now.

Top Bottom