• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

No No Eul

cPU3E0a.jpg

And the victor is:

1. Wonder Girls (I Feel You) 38.1%

Followed by:

2.) Nine Muses (Hurt Locker) & Stellar (Vibrato) 11.9%

3.) AOA (Heart Attack) & Gfriend (Me Gustas Tu) 9.5%

4.) Girls' Generation (Party / Lion Heart/ You Think) 7.1%

5.) Mamamoo (Um Oh Ah Yeh) 4.8%

6.) Ailee (Mind Your Own Business) & Girl's Day (Ring My Bell) & NWhite (Paradise) 2.4%

And those that didn't get any votes at all (RIP):

2Eyes (Pippi)
ANDS (Ttan Tta Dan)
Apink (Remember)
April (Dream Candy)
BadKiz (Come Closer)
Blady (Secret Number)
D.Holic (Chewy)
Hello Venus (I'm Ill)
Minx (Love Shake)
myB (My Oh My)
Playback (Playback)
Poten (Go Easy)
Sistar (Shake It)
Sonamoo (Cushion)
T-ara (So Crazy)
Tren-D (Jung)
Wanna.B (Attention)
Year 7 Class 1 (Always)

6CbWZ9a.jpg

And the winner, rather predictably, is:

1.) Girls' Generation's Taeyeon 27%

Followed by:

2.) Miss A's Suzy & None of them are overrated. Not really... 16%

3.) EXID's Hani 12%

4.) IU 11%

5.) AOA's Seolhyun 7%

6.) Red Velvet's Irene 5%

Other entries included:

Pominit's Hyuna
Red Velvet's Seulgi
That Twice song was pretty bad

NdsbKUE.jpg

Best Hyuna loves cats. K-Pop GAF loves dogs.

Tix7iXg.jpg

nUCnixA.jpg

And the Bias List Ruiner of the Year is:

1.) Red Velvet's Seulgi 12%

Followed by:

2.) Mamamoo's Solar & Red Velvet's Irene is so g0d 7%

3.) AOA's Seolhyun & OMG's Yooa & orangecaramel's Nana & Queen Of Pop AOA's Yuna & Twice's iljin seditionist traitor rebel leader Tzuyu & Twice's Momo & Twice's Sana 5%

Other mentions:

Bestie's Dahye
Bestie's Hyeyeon
Dal Shabet's Woohee
EXID's Hani
Fiestar's Yezi
Got7's Mark
Hong Jin Young
IU
Kara's Youngji (but shh don't tell anyone)
Nfi but Wonder Girl's Sunmi got hot so ill use her
Nine Muses' Sungah
NMB48's Sutou Ririka
No one can surpass T-ara's Jiyeon
Seventeen's Woozi
The Nation's MC Yoo Jae Suk
Twice's Nayeon

DE6vUsz.jpg

A fairly even split between all four options.

kLngz5f.jpg

UQDxd1D.jpg

89Txo52.jpg

OAvE4xT.jpg

Aside from the significant number of people who simply just don't care, the voting leans towards the 'unfair' end of the spectrum.

Sh9Tl1M.jpg

x0N3QNw.jpg

50% of us think that SNSD is, to some extent, worse off without Jessica, while a further 26.2% think that her absence has no effect on the group as a whole.

8TQipdR.jpg

pqkOQTZ.jpg

There were lots of different comments so I figured I'd post a selection, rearranged by group as best I can:

no After School again(at least give us Orange Caramel). T.T
Where is After Schools comeback? Q_Q
No Orange Caramel...

Seolhyun being promoted basically every second of every day while beautiful talented princess and light of my life Yuna has done literally nothing all year despite being more talented, better looking, a superior vocalist and dancer and less annoying (yes I'm bitter)

BESTie not being popular
Bestie not getting another amazing mini album like Hot Baby
Not Enough Bestie

No Big Bang at End of Year Performances

[BoA's] Who Are You outperforming [BoA's] Kiss My Lips

Me and Suga didn't get married. Again.

Lack of new Epik High or solo material from Tablo. Way way way overdue on a solo album from Mithra too.

Ah yeah' by EXID was boring and felt the same as 'Up&Down'

f(x)'s new album

Gary's Comeback

Girl's Day

No GG Maxim Shoot
SNSD... Lion Heart "[...] was a mistake. It's nothing but trash" I would like a really awesome comeback on the same level as Hoot, Genie, Gee and whatnot. And then end it for good, in dignity.
Soshi's comeback. Lion Heart was a piece of turd.
anything SNSD related
girl's generation

KARA losing all the momentum ;_;
Where was Kara at the gayos and where is my Nicole comeback?

Minx
Happy Face and their crappy management of Dal Shabet and Minx.

9Muses still not getting the attention they deserve!
Stellar and 9Muses getting more recognized

Purfles failing to follow up their debut banger.

The Red by RV wasn't as good as it could have been

Secret
RIP Secret

Lack of Spica

The T-ara/Brave-combo, like Hyomins shitty solo wasn't enough.
T- *sniff* T-ara :(

Wonder Girls not selling 80 million copies of Reboot

Yezi not winning UPRS 2
Whoever was responsible for rigging Unpretty Rapstar 2 to let Truedy win

Netizens are as disappointing as ever.

It was a pretty satisfying year

sEVvR7R.jpg

c4NoeNi.jpg

T-ara, China salutes you.

YGcVVXo.jpg

K-Pop GAF's True Idol of 2015 is:

1.) IU 20%

Followed by:

2.) Nine Muses 15%

3.) T-ara 8%

4.) BTS (and Armys) & Gfriend (and Yuju in particular) & Taeyeon 5%

Other mentions:

Ailee
BESTIE
Dal Shabet (even though not much happened this year therefore god dammit happy face)
EXO
fx I guess
Girl's Day
Hey it's a job whatcanyagonnadoaboutit
Hyolyn
Ladies Code's return
Mamamoo
Nana
Probably some desperate nugu I have never heard of.
Raina
Sera is always the correct answer, which is why you picked her picture. Survived years of slavery under the supervision of villain-nim, and came out with an acceptable solo album which was much better than I was expecting based on her youtube efforts. What a woman. If there was a kdrama about the entirety of the kpop scene, Sera would be the heroine. Honorable mention to Yuri who returned to purity.
Sica
Stellar
Youngji for winning our hearts

Once again, thanks to everyone for taking part. :)

feist_

Banned
Rania (ENG SUB; 20min) --- [EXCLUSIVE] Interview with RaNia (라니아 인터뷰) | Seoulwave

Tahiti (ENG SUB; 30min) --- [EXCLUSIVE] Interview with Tahiti! 타히티 인터뷰 영상 | Seoulwave

^^^^^ Bless your heart feist
%EB%8B%AC%EC%83%A4%EB%B2%B3%60150426%60%ED%8C%AC%EC%82%AC%60-1.gif

Man, I don't think I've ever been as sick and tired of seeing a person's face as I am with Seolhyun's.
I have nothing against her personally, but I don't remember even Suzy at her height being this pervasive...though maybe she was and it just annoyed me less because she's better looking oh shiiii
569A1E303417AB0004

And the winner, rather predictably, is:

1.) Girls' Generation's Taeyeon 27%

Followed by:

2.) Miss A's Suzy 16%

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
There is a 9 muses movie on Canadian Netflix. It looks terrible but maybe I should watch it.

If it's their documentary, it's a must watch. But it's practically a horror movie. I love Nine Muses, and I have nothing but respect for the Korean pop industry. But man that was hard as shit to watch.

Poll thoughts:

1 - Well deserved imo.

I still listen to Reboot even today... which is a true testament to it's greatness.

2 - LMAO.

I voted for her seriously but I didn't think she'd actually win, glad to know I'm not the only who thinks this way... now where's the rest of the 27% at? Y'all got a round of beer on me.

I will kinda agree that Seolhyun is a tad overrated but only because she's fncking eveywhere. I like her especially since she actually seems to have a personality instead of an SM robot but somebody needs to tell FNC to let the poor girl rest.

4 - Irene should be at the top.

Her ironing skills in Weekly Idol turned the tide over for me.

8 & 9 - Woah, that's an interesting statistic.

I feel like most of K-Pop GAF didn't give a shit that Sica was gone but it's interesting to see that isn't the case at all.

Anyway, thanks for the poll No No Eul!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
1. Wonder Girls (I Feel You) 38.1%

Followed by:

2.) Nine Muses (Hurt Locker) & Stellar (Vibrato) 11.9%

3.) AOA (Heart Attack) & Gfriend (Me Gustas Tu) 9.5%

Super agree with the top 2. Top 3 is debatable but I can't really argue much. But number 1? I'm proud of K-Pop GAF. Such good taste.

llehuty

There is a 9 muses movie on Canadian Netflix. It looks terrible but maybe I should watch it.

If it's their documentary, it's a must watch. But it's practically a horror movie. I love Nine Muses, and I have nothing but respect for the Korean pop industry. But man that was hard as shit to watch.

If someone watches, can you tell me if they removed the scene where the CEO
hits Sera in the face with a piece of paper.
It was not in the digital download version that was released a couple of years ago, for some weird reason #tinfoilhat.

I never watched the 9m documentary, but their company really has no shame showing off what twats they are. I remember the ZE:A predebut 'reality' show they did, which was full of scripted stuff that just put the company in a bad light. I guess it's to show the 'hardships' of becoming an idol, but it was just difficult to watch. Especially one moment where after years of training and close to debut, they told 2 members they got kicked out and could pack their stuff and leave, but they got brought back a week later basically saying 'lol jk' because they wanted to teach them a valuable lesson... Yea. Even worse is that this moment was preceded by a member that got kicked out crying because of how important this was for him considering his parents died and didn't have anyone to support him or whatever. Drama queens they are, Star Empire.

feist_

Banned
Like their SM seniors f(x), Red Velvet is better with four members.

%25EC%2595%2584%25EC%259D%25B4%25EB%25A6%25B0%25EC%259D%25B4%2B%25EC%25B0%2590%25EB%2594%25B0%25EC%259D%25B8%25EC%259D%25B4%25EC%259C%25A0%2B%25284%2529.gif

yeriwaterireneredvelvlwsqy.gif

%25EC%2595%2584%25EC%259D%25B4%25EB%25A6%25B0%25EC%259D%25B4%2B%25EC%25B0%2590%25EB%2594%25B0%25EC%259D%25B8%25EC%259D%25B4%25EC%259C%25A0%2B%25282%2529.gif

You should watch it. Obviously not indicative of everyone's experience in the industry — some have had it worse, while others have been relatively coddled — though it provides some insight into what's a sad reality for many.

Also, it reaffirms Sera as Best Muse in Perpetuity.

Does the G stand for God?
Nah, but to their credit Gfriend don't force unnecessary rap verses into all their songs like some groups. Mind, that likely has to do with not having a capable rapper amongt them, but that hasn't exactly stopped other groups...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
GFriend literally puts out the same song over and over. I'll admit this is the best variation of said song. But man...it's the same goddamn thing, wtf.

roaSone

GFriend literally puts out the same song over and over. I'll admit this is the best variation of said song. But man...it's the same goddamn thing, wtf.
It's indeed the same thing but, why would they change when it's working and it's well received by the audience generally speaking ?
I actually think it's a good thing to stick to their grounds to keep and grow their popularity, once they manage to do that, they'll probably try to diversify their sound.
That new song though, I foresee their first victory on a music show.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I voted IU for true idol award but later on I thought it should maybe be all the Exo members who haven't bailed or tried to bail. Either way IU definitely had the "excellence" part down in all aspects so I don't feel bad about my vote.

2 - LMAO.

I voted for her seriously but I didn't think she'd actually win, glad to know I'm not the only who thinks this way... now where's the rest of the 27% at? Y'all got a round of beer on me.
*grabs beer* We did it!

4 - Irene should be at the top.
VERY close to winning top spot, but Hyeyeon is just too ideal for me.

Not Enough Bestie
BROTHER!

I'm the only one that named Woohee as bias list wrecker huh.
Nice poll though.
you're a year late

Irene is a g0d
#truth

AI have nothing against her personally, but I don't remember even Suzy at her height being this pervasive...though maybe she was and it just annoyed me less because she's better looking oh shiiii
#ohsnap #truth

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The new GFRIEND is legit. Actually makes me nostalgic for old Ayu even though it's not that good.

Top Bottom