• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

WJSN/Cosmic Girls' Dawon
s98Fv8Q.jpg

---

Airing of Produce 101 started
DSP girls dressed in Kara's "Mr" outfits again. Please, the body isn't even cold yet :(

Peru

My two favourite songs of 2015:
IU - Twenty-three
IU - Heart

Favourite album:
Kiss My Lips

Favourite new aquaintance:
Suran

Best comeback:
WG

The "Best Hyuna single since Bubble Pop" award goes to:
Roll Deep

These are the 2015 Peru awards.

Pendulum

^ New starship girl group (Sisturd's company)

Partly. It's a partnership with YueHua Entertainment. I'm expecting KOR and CHN releases, à la EXO.
hopefully the group can hold onto their members
. If they don't go that far, they'll most likely spend their time split between the two countries.

Pendulum

Stellar - Insomnia
Based crowdfunding!. If this is the future for some of these flop groups, I'm all in.

Insomnia off the mini is better
I'm hoping for a performance version.

---

I'm sure Produce 101 will be subbed - there's a lot of interest in it from English-speaking fans. Videos of some performances are on the Mnet YouTube channel if people don't want to watch the entire episode. Someone performed DIA's song - awkward when there are 2 members there. :p Looking forward to seeing more from the Jellyfish and Cube girls. Good to see Kahi back on tv too.

Guys I haven't watched a k-drama in years, but I happened to come across a drama called 'Cheese in the Trap' which is currently airing. I'm a few episodes in and it's honestly so good. It's filled to to the brim with clichés, but I kinda love it for that reason. It's done really well and, more importantly, has really solid acting. It's based on a Korean comic or something, so there are some major archetypes going on but they really deliver it well. I love it.

Actually it seems like Suzy was offered the main role but she refused it lol. I couldn't image Suzy pulling it off.

llehuty

Guys I haven't watched a k-drama in years, but I happened to come across a drama called 'Cheese in the Trap' which is currently airing. I'm a few episodes in and it's honestly so good. It's filled to to the brim with clichés, but I kinda love it for that reason. It's done really well and, more importantly, has really solid acting. It's based on a Korean comic or something, so there are some major archetypes going on but they really deliver it well. I love it.

Actually it seems like Suzy was offered the main role but she refused it lol. I couldn't image Suzy pulling it off.

A few over here are already following it. It's really well done, even if the story has been overdone to death, but I guess that's what happens when you have solid characters and a good direction. tvn are the drama gods. The reply's, Emergency Couple, Misaeng and now this.

Ym1r

오늘 저는 한국어 수업에서 '치즈 인 더 트랩' 봤어요.

In Korean class we've been watching cheese in the trap as a listening/understanding activity, it seems fun from what I've watched.

roaSone

It's awesome yeah, even the most obvious plot with all its clichés has to be good if the acting is on point.
I really love Kim Go Eun, she's so charming, sometimes she looks like a mash-up of Suzy and PSH which is an obvious win-combo there.

Peru

About3M_3M_Company.jpg

Yeah I've been high on it in this threa dsince the first ep.

Sure rich aloof guy and less rich girl is a super common drama trope, but this drama subverts most of the cliches. Like a lot of stuff is supposed to stop them from dating or accepting their love which then becomes some super romantic moment, but that happens in the first few episodes here. Then the issue is more "are we compatible? Is this working out?" and the issues they face are of the sort we all can sympathise with. They're not in paradise immediately. The 'thriller' aspect is more like a genre layer underneath and the whole thing actually feels kinda weird in a good way, different, even if they definitely make use of drama tropes to then surprise us.

This is why I said before Korean webcomics are so good for drama as well, because they don't work out just like they're supposed to. Curiious about the ending though as the comic isn't done.

Also yeah, Kim Go Eun is doing maybe the best naturalistic acting in a drama I've ever seen.

Pendulum

Peru

Q : What kind of evolution (transformation) will you bring us in 2016?
IU: Evolution.. well evolution is important too, but there are more important things…! Like happiness… stability.. and so on!! I think these are more important..
Evolution.. It’s not like i’m a Pokemon! This thing about having to show everyone an evolution (transformation) every year… So I’m going to take a break from evolving this year!

Selane

FNC STOP YOUR MEDIA PLAY

I have nothing against her personally, but I don't remember even Suzy at her height being this pervasive...though maybe she was and it just annoyed me less because she's better looking oh shiiii

Top Bottom