• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

That Jimin track is awful. FNC are well aware that as a soloist she goes nowhere, so she will have a big name feature next her always.

But who cares when we have SUNGAH WITH A NEW HAIR COLOUR:
CciktYpUUAIYfYj.jpg:orig

feist_

Banned
Limbering up in between one of her 50 daily schedules.

160227%25EC%2597%25B0%25EC%2598%2588%25EA%25B0%2580%25EC%25A4%2591%25EA%25B3%2584%25EC%2584%25A4%25ED%2598%2584.gif

While I have faith in Red Velvet and Oh My Girl, I'm going to avoid getting overhyped for either of their comebacks.

Someone subbed WJSN/Cosmic Girls' first V broadcast --- [ENGSUB] 160225 STARSHIP 우주소녀WJSN의 지구별 탐방기 Chapter1

Cheese in the Trap pooped itself

moving on to Descents of the Sun now.
Please don't say that. I've only made it to episode 4, but I've been meaning to start watching again. Those four were very enjoyable, with Kim Go Eun's performance being one of the best and most endearing ones I've seen recently.

Would hate to hear the show declined in quality or had an especially awful plot twist.

Speaking of which, we're now halfway (or just a bit more) through Produce 101. For those watching, I'm wondering what's your Top 11 looking like?

I've got 9 core (no particular order):
Kim Sejeong (Jellyfish)
Kim Chungha (M&H)
Choi Yoojung (Fantagio)
Kim Nayoung (Jellyfish)
Im Nayoung (Pledis)
Zhou Jieqiong (Pledis)
Kim Doyeon (Fantagio)
Jeon Soyeon (Cube)
Kang Mina (Jellyfish)

And 3 that change around for the remaining 2 spots:
Jung Chaeyeon (MBK)
Jeon Somi (JYP)
Kwon Eunbin (Cube)

Gonna need to rewatch episode 1-5 before I make a proper top 11 I think. So far my two favorites are Im Nayoung and Sejeong though. Also partial to the rest of the Jellyfish and Pledis trainees. Wouldn't mind it if they got 10/11 spots. Mina and Minkyung would probably round out my top 4. If I had to pick someone else at this point I'd probably go with auntie Insun. She always makes me laugh.

More importantly, I desperately hope Risa gets axed this time. Can't stand her.

Please don't say that. I've only made it to episode 4, but I've been meaning to start watching again. Those four were very enjoyable, with Kim Go Eun's performance being one of the best and most endearing ones I've seen recently.

Would hate to hear the show declined in quality or had an especially awful plot twist.

The reaction was pretty much universally positive during the first few episodes. These days? The producers had to make an apology to the original author, cast and the viewers, lol. The webtoon is pretty interesting. I'd recommend you check that out instead.

Peru

The reaction was pretty much universally positive during the first few episodes. These days? The producers had to make an apology to the original author, cast and the viewers, lol. The webtoon is pretty interesting. I'd recommend you check that out instead.

Doesn't really signifiy. Millions of examples through history of adaptations pissing off original authors and still being great. Her complaints weren't all that valid.

I'm glad Seol and that mess Jung didn't end up together

Am I the only one who's really enjoying the hell out of Ladies Code's Galaxy?

For reference, it's sitting at 33 plays on my iTunes(not counting my iPhone, and it's been played at least once during my work commute). Meanwhile Mamamoo's You're The Best is sitting at 14 and I don't remember it ever coming up during the drive.

Pls forgive me Solar.

SM knows March just started right? Halloween is faaaaaar off so I don't get this.

Pendulum

[EXID(이엑스아이디)] 솔지하니(SoljiHani) ONLY ONE MV. Here is a version without the sound effects.

---

[STATION] 에릭남 x 웬디_봄인가 봐 (Spring Love)_Music Video (Wendy and Eric Nam)

---

HYO MIN[효민] "스케치 [SKETCH]" Present Teaser

---

#hashtag(해시태그): 우주소녀(WJSN (Cosmic Girls)) _ MoMoMo(모모모) [SUB]

There goes my morning

Am I the only one who's really enjoying the hell out of Ladies Code's Galaxy?
Nope. Whole mini is great.

---

As someone who hasn't read the comic, I'll keep watching Cheese In The Trap. Most of the furor I see is about the deviation from the source (which tbh I can understand as someone who read the Game of Thrones books first, but at least those producers have been pretty up front about why some changes are needed)

---

Edit: [MAMAMOO] 넌 is 뭔들 0.5 X 2 Ver. MV

llehuty

Sooooo... Did Cosmic Girls flop? The song came out a little over a week ago and it's not in the Melon top 100 chart. It seemed like there was a lot of hype for them prior to release.

I really liked EXY from watching her on Unpretty Rapstar...
Song is awful, companies not called SM, JYP or YG just can't get away with this (talking about girl groups), like, for example, CLC, Sonamoo and Lovelyz.

Pendulum

Song is awful, companies not called SM, JYP or YG just can't get away with this (talking about girl groups), like, for example, CLC, Sonamoo and Lovelyz.

Lovelyz has done decently though. Replace with April.

WJSN is faring better in China at the moment, but Starship certainly needs to change their sound for when they comeback. I wonder how much of the decision is theirs, and how much is Yuehua's. UNIQ is the other Starship/Yuehua group, and though they're pretty much ignored in Korea, they've done well in China.

No No Eul

Speaking of which, we're now halfway (or just a bit more) through Produce 101. For those watching, I'm wondering what's your Top 11 looking like?

My top 11 (in the order they appear on the show's site):

1. Kang Kyungwon (Pledis)
2. Kang Siwon (Independent)
3. Our Lord and Saviour (MBK)
4. Kim Doyeon (Fantagio)
5. Kim Sejung (Jellyfish)
6. Kim Sohye (Redline)
7. Kim Chungha (M&H)
8. Park Siyeon (Pledis)
9. Yoon Chaekyung (DSP)
10. Im Nayoung (Pledis)
11. Jeon Somi (JYP)
12. Cho Shiyoon (DSP)
13. Zhou Jieqiong (Pledis)
14. Choi Yoojung (Fantagio)

It turns out picking 11 is quite hard.

Now that the number of contestants is getting lower, Mnet is changing the public voting system from 11 a day to 1 a day (I think that's for the round that starts after the current round (up to Mar 5)). That's going to change some things.

Harsh. I've no idea who I'll choose.

So are they going to release an MV for Catch Me or what?

Btw the boyband from Bestie's company released their debut MV/single.

[M/V] 크나큰(KNK) - KNOCK

I do find the vocal layering (or whatever it's called, especially at the chorus) a bit much at parts, but I guess it adds to the drama. I really like the song, it's the kind of boyband music I like. I would recommend watching a performance though since the MV is kinda bland and doesn't show off the great choreo that well. They have good vocals too.

Well, if this is their 'Pitapat' I can't wait to see what their 'Love Options' will be. Considering that was Bestie's 2nd single and an iconic masterpiece.

Pendulum

Maybe I should start watching. How many contestants is it down to?

61 at the moment. I think that'll get down to 35 in a few episodes time (after the current stage show wraps up in Ep 7 and current round of voting ends on Mar 5). I have a feeling that'll be the last cull until the final 11 members since there's only 11 episodes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
All my friends always talk about Somi so she's probably a cool person and I'll see about her but watching that video Chungha instantly takes over my attention every time. Remember when I kept saying Youngji doesn't know how to give a look? Well Chungha knows.

Pendulum

All my friends always talk about Somi so she's probably a cool person and I'll see about her but watching that video Chungha instantly takes over my attention every time. Remember when I kept saying Youngji doesn't know how to give a look? Well Chungha knows.

tumblr_nzpqdpaND31v2r78mo2_400.gif

isuzu

well, Chungha is 20 and Somi is 15 so Chungha probably knows a lot more than just giving a look
3ornkcirtscc3o6AmI.gif

Pendulum

I don't know. Somi seems to confidently throw and wiggle her hips/legs around in half the gifs I''ve seen. Half-western values.

Pendulum

That's just JYP training.

tumblr_nz5z8m2BRQ1uk1w6uo3_400.gif

Edit: Finished watching Produce 101 Ep 6
Chungha just outside the 11 :/ Going to be tough rightfully getting those 100,000 votes for the dance stage with so many crowd faves in the group. And with the "Full Moon" group having just 3 members for the votes to be split amongst, and all 3 of them being in the top 11, it'll likely go to one of them.
Will be interesting to see how Yu Yeunjung fares after doing well at singing again, but sulking and/or having an Mnet edit for a bit of the episode.

llehuty

Why are we talking about Produce 101 and girls that know how to give a look, but nobody is mentioning Sooyeon from Happy Face?

bdhXkr1kfRXmU.gif

Mnet had to put a group cut in an individual fancam beause that dance breakdown is just too hot for TV. Subin and Woohee taught her well.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Edit: Finished watching Produce 101 Ep 6
Chungha just outside the 11 :/ Going to be tough rightfully getting those 100,000 votes for the dance stage with so many crowd faves in the group. And with the "Full Moon" group having just 3 members for the votes to be split amongst, and all 3 of them being in the top 11, it'll likely go to one of them.
Will be interesting to see how Yu Yeunjung fares after doing well at singing again, but sulking and/or having an Mnet edit for a bit of the episode.
oLSpBHz.gif

Why are we talking about Produce 101 and girls that know how to give a look, but nobody is mentioning Sooyeon from Happy Face?
not feeling it

Pendulum

Good unexpected bodyroll and she deserved the votes for that performance as a whole, but tbh can't remember her from other episodes (initial agency-based dance included). We'll see what Ep 7 brings with her in the Rap Gods team. edit: I guess I could just watch her Mnet cam, duh.

For Dice - Chungha's previous Ep 4 performance and Ep 2 evaluation

Good unexpected bodyroll and she deserved the votes for that performance as a whole, but tbh can't remember her from other episodes (initial agency-based dance included).

Yeah no shit you can't remember her from the initial agency-based dance. They didn't show the Happy Face trainees performance at all...

Top Bottom