• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War |OT| Now, it's showtime!

Rather disappointed in Blade's Jack Form, considering how long (Level 30) it took to unlock.

Yeah, Jack Form was a disappointment for me, too. On the plus side, by the time you get to level 30, you'll be able to use figures that let you stay in King Form for a long time!
It would have been nice if Blade's other card combinations were more useful, though.

Also sucks Ryuki doesn't seem to get anything else noticeable bar being able to summon Dragoredder mid-attack, but I guess that's all he had in the show. His bikes also seems to be the worst things ever, neither one of them work right.

Really? That's too bad. At least they didn't spread out stuff like Shield Vent to the higher levels.

Sora_N

Finally got to try out the secondary riders, Birth, Accel and Meteor.

I like Accel the least, his moves are hard to connect and he's really really slow until you use Trial. I loved the characters in W, so this is a shame. Trial mode is pretty damn neat though.

Meteor seems to be the opposite he moves too fast...and some of the move animations go on too long so I can't really combo that much.

Birth, I really enjoy playing as so far, his regular combo is pretty good for combos (I have OOO Gatakiriba figure equipped though, boosts combo I think). His gun attack and circle attack kind of suck though. Drill arm is pretty handy to fight through crowds. Birthday mode is kind of strange, the attacks have really long animations and somehow my combo counter still stays on..most of the time during his attacks. I have a feeling he doesn't get anymore of the Birth parts unlocked, but I'm not sure so I'll keep using him a bit. I can't believe his special attack is just some lame dash though, really ruins it all.

EDIT: Seems like Birth gets a few new parts? Just unlocked Caterpillar Leg.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally got to try out the secondary riders, Birth, Accel and Meteor.

I like Accel the least, his moves are hard to connect and he's really really slow until you use Trial. I loved the characters in W, so this is a shame. Trial mode is pretty damn neat though.

Meteor seems to be the opposite he moves too fast...and some of the move animations go on too long so I can't really combo that much.

Birth, I really enjoy playing as so far, his regular combo is pretty good for combos (I have OOO Gatakiriba figure equipped though, boosts combo I think). His gun attack and circle attack kind of suck though. Drill arm is pretty handy to fight through crowds. Birthday mode is kind of strange, the attacks have really long animations and somehow my combo counter still stays on..most of the time during his attacks. I have a feeling he doesn't get anymore of the Birth parts unlocked, but I'm not sure so I'll keep using him a bit. I can't believe his special attack is just some lame dash though, really ruins it all.

Few things:

1. Meteor is one of the best Riders in the game. The thing about his moves having long animations is that you can jump cancel out of ANYTHING he does. Seriously. Just press X at any time to cancel out of the animation into a jump. From there I like to combo into his air special, or do a couple of air normals into an air special. My highest combo so far has been with Meteor (8,000+ hits).

2. The thing you said about the combo counter not going away in Birth Day mode: I don't know if you just never noticed, but the combo counter never goes away in any super mode for any Rider, not just Birth.

3. Birth's super isn't just a lame dash. If you just press it once, he'll follow the dash with a jumping knee then a dropkick. If you hold O while he's running and don't release it, he'll do a jumping German Suplex after the knee.

4. Birth does get the rest of his CLAW weapons (I'm not sure about Cutter Wing, but he does get everything else, I know that for sure. Crane Arm, Caterpillar Leg, Shovel Arm, and Breast Cannon. I'm sure he gets Cutter Wing too, I just haven't gotten it yet).

Sora_N

Few things:

1. Meteor is one of the best Riders in the game. The thing about his moves having long animations is that you can jump cancel out of ANYTHING he does. Seriously. Just press X at any time to cancel out of the animation into a jump. From there I like to combo into his air special, or do a couple of air normals into an air special. My highest combo so far has been with Meteor (8,000+ hits).

2. The thing you said about the combo counter not going away in Birth Day mode: I don't know if you just never noticed, but the combo counter never goes away in any super mode for any Rider, not just Birth.

3. Birth's super isn't just a lame dash. If you just press it once, he'll follow the dash with a jumping knee then a dropkick. If you hold O while he's running and don't release it, he'll do a jumping German Suplex after the knee.

4. Birth does get the rest of his CLAW weapons (I'm not sure about Cutter Wing, but he does get everything else, I know that for sure. Crane Arm, Caterpillar Leg, Shovel Arm, and Breast Cannon. I'm sure he gets Cutter Wing too, I just haven't gotten it yet).

1. I'm gonna try that out tomorrow! I didn't expect to be able to jump cancel out of that.

2. I actually didn't ever notice until using Birth tonight, this game seems to have a lot of unique little things going on.

3. I will have to give that a shot too.

4. And yeah I just unlocked Shovel Arm, glad he wasn't gimped!

I've been trying to get every character to Lv40 because it more or less unlocks their full movelists and S-rank figures. Anyway, some observations.

- I heard Hibiki gets a buffed finisher at Lv75, does everyone get that or is it just him?

- Meteor can cancel into his R1 moves from his string and specials. Saturn is one of those boomerang projectiles that is freaking awesome.

- Blade Jack Form sucks for what it costs.

- There was a 1.02 patch. What did that do? I was hoping it unlocked Black RX, but that didn't happen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Poor Beast. No one even posts about his free update

tumblr_mop5cmxfdm1qdrx7go1_500.jpg

I'm trying to improve my combo count to get better ratings in the levels. What's the best figure to pick up to improve this? (also would it be possible to post a picture of said figure as I'm not particularly familiar with the series, just a big fan of the game!)

I'm trying to improve my combo count to get better ratings in the levels. What's the best figure to pick up to improve this? (also would it be possible to post a picture of said figure as I'm not particularly familiar with the series, just a big fan of the game!)

The Phoenix figure gives your combo count a big boost, although it removes your ability to guard. It looks like this:
XppBR6I.jpg

You might also want to add a figure that gives you more time to combo, like Meteor Storm:
lhJBdQw.jpg

Those are A-rank figures, though, so not every character can use them from the start. You can stack the effects of lower-rank figures to get similar effects, though. For example, you could combine the regular Meteor figure
AJPpWnA.jpg

with the Faiz Accel figure
8djX4DE.png

to get a combo boost that's similar to Phoenix's effect.

Here's a list of all the figures in the game; all the names and effects are listed, so you can look up the other characters that you're unfamiliar with and play around with their figures as well.
http://battridewar.wikia.com/wiki/Figures

Many thanks for the tips. I've not cleared the game yet so I still have quite a few figures to unlock but I did just buy the Faiz Accel figure and that's already made a stunning difference to my combo count. A ranks are way easier to get now and levelling up shouldn't be so much of a grind.

I'll have to grab the Phoenix figure when I get a chance, I tend not to guard anyway so I won't see that as a huge loss yet!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I found out Beast can HEAL...not sure how it works, and I think you have to unlock it, but I guess it has something to do with Dolphin Mantle since, according to the Kamen Rider Wiki, Beast has that power in the show with Dolphin.

Was playing Rider Road, and noticed he was suddenly healing himself.

shaowebb

I found out Beast can HEAL...not sure how it works, and I think you have to unlock it, but I guess it has something to do with Dolphin Mantle since, according to the Kamen Rider Wiki, Beast has that power in the show with Dolphin.

Was playing Rider Road, and noticed he was suddenly healing himself.

This sounds awesome.
Did Infinite Wizard come out already?

Also just got done with Kamen Rider Blade ep 26 and saw him hit Jack Form for the first time. Looks awesome! How is that in this game?
Rather disappointed in Blade's Jack Form, considering how long (Level 30) it took to unlock.

...oh that doesn't bode well.

Deefuzz

A friend introduced me to the game through Twitter, I was intrigued being a Rider fan but having zero experience trying to play a Japanese game.

It's pretty import friendly. Plus there's this handy wiki that can help with that, too.

This guide seems pretty good in terms of walking you through making a JP PSN account and navigating the store.

Once you get to the game section it's pretty simple to find Battride War's listing and Infinity within it.

Sequel bait.

These two posts sold me on it, so now I will import my first title. Thank you!

2 questions, is this likely to head west at all? secondly Kamen Rider Battride War Premium TV Sound Edition, is the music with that edition dlc or on disc?

Top Bottom