• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War |OT| Now, it's showtime!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm starting to understand why certain Riders take a while to get their extra form.

Jack is also the same exact charge moves. He just has differnet jumping charge/abilities, and he can glide. Which is kind of cool but still.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just found something really cool with Kuuga. You can charge every attack in his normal string. And if you successfully connect with enough of them in a row, you'll transform into the Amazing version of whichever form you're in.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
*Is there some sort of Counter move? I was blocking with Ryuki, turned red, and did some weird maneuver that drained my Hyper Bar.

*It made me laugh that, just like the show, the first Kiva mission doesn't actually have you play as base Kiva...you're Emperor the entire time. But Kiva's pretty fun, LOVE Tatsulot yelling "FEVER!" the whole time. Kivat, on the other hand, doesn't sound right when doing the WAKE UP, even though it's Sugita I believe.

*Also, the TV Premium Edition is really cool because it properly loops songs (like with W.B.X, it only plays the opening sax once) and, when using Hypers, always starts the default transformation song at the climax. It's AWESOME with Kabuto because you get the boom of FULL FORCE and ALL ZECTERS COMBINE together.

*I guess that the "Original BGM" isn't included though with the TV edition? It's all blank in the Sound Test, and Urataros says "BGM off 20%" in the shop but there's no music to buy. 0.o

squall23

Is there some sort of Counter move? I was blocking with Ryuki, turned red, and did some weird maneuver that drained my Hyper Bar.
Square + X. Agito's Burning Form transformation gives you a free one.
*Also, the TV Premium Edition is really cool because it properly loops songs (like with W.B.X, it only plays the opening sax once) and, when using Hypers, always starts the default transformation song at the climax. It's AWESOME with Kabuto because you get the boom of FULL FORCE and ALL ZECTERS COMBINE together.
The premium edition messed up big time by not having Believe Yourself as one of Agito's songs. Thankfully, custom soundtracks fixes that.

So my copy arrived earlier today, I'm enjoying it so far, save for 2 levels that gave me C rankings...ah well, I'll try those again later. Also, I keep forgetting the bike controls or sometimes forget that I'm not a bike and hit R2 with a full bar..oops.

It unlocks in the shop later.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

HAHAHAHAHA.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So my copy arrived earlier today, I'm enjoying it so far, save for 2 levels that gave me C rankings...ah well, I'll try those again later. Also, I keep forgetting the bike controls or sometimes forget that I'm not a bike and hit R2 with a full bar..oops.

You too, huh? I don't do it anymore, but when I first started playing...yeaaaah. Wasted many a super bar that way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My problem's not the accelerate. It's when I leave it on the ground and the damn soft triggers cause it. Luckily it's not hard to fill your gauge in this game at all.

Oh man, you can use Drageder during combos. Ryuki just got a whole lot better

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, Battride War is easily going to be the best selling Kamen Rider game ever. In just a few days it's outsold the total lifetime sales of every Kamen Rider game with the exception of the DS port of Ganbaride (and it's going to outsell that next week for sure). Sequel pretty much confirmed.

{2013.05.23} [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (Bandai Namco) - 118.157 / NEW

{2009-08-06} [PS2] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes (Bandai Namco) - 52.763 / 99.756
{2009-12-03} [WII] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes W (Bandai Namco) - 22.832 / 101.630
{2010-12-02} [WII] Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO (Bandai Namco) - 28.933 / 108.225
{2010-12-02} [PSP] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes OOO (Bandai Namco) - 46.702 / 81.514
{2011-12-01} [WII] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes Fourze (Bandai Namco) - 21.736 / 76.694
{2011-12-01} [PSP] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes Fourze (Bandai Namco) - 19.929 / 37.707
{2012-11-29} [WII] Kamen Rider: Super Climax Heroes (Bandai Namco) - 18.395 / 25.319
{2012-11-29} [PSP] Kamen Rider: Super Climax Heroes (Bandai Namco) - 21.115 / 21.115

{2011-08-04} [NDS] All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation (Bandai Namco) - 45.114 / 108.020
{2012-08-02} [NDS] All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2 (Bandai Namco) - 20.667 / 43.532
{2012-08-02} [PSP] All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 2 (Bandai Namco) - 14.530 / 14.530

{2010-07-29} [NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 57.385 / 133.538

{1998-10-01} [PS1] Kamen Rider (Bandai) - 29.682 / 57.827
{2000-09-14} [PS1] Kamen Rider: V3 (Bandai) - 14.365 / 19.062
{2000-12-21} [PS1] Kamen Rider: Kuuga (Bandai) - - / 49.566
{2001-11-29} [PS1] Kamen Rider: Agito (Bandai) - 13.728 / 51.502
{2002-11-28} [PS1] Kamen Rider: Ryuki (Bandai) - 37.264 / 126.387
{2003-11-27} [PS2] Kamen Rider: Justice Lineage (Banpresto) - 45.540 / 94.432
{2003-12-18} [PS2] Kamen Rider: 555 (Bandai) - 36.287 / 91.396
{2004-12-09} [PS2] Kamen Rider: Blade (Bandai) - 25.838 / 66.643
{2005-12-01} [PS2] Kamen Rider: Hibiki Oni (Bandai) - 9.253 / 22.605
{2006-11-30} [PS2] Kamen Rider: Kabuto (Bandai Namco) - 20.570 / 44.588

{2008-02-21} [PS2] Pachitte Chonmage Tatsujin 14: Pachinko Kamen Rider - Shocker Zenmetsu Daisakusen (Hackberry) - 13.550 / 26.625
{2004-04-15} [PS2] Pachitte Chonmage Tatsujin 5: CR Kamen Rider (Hackberry) - 6.796 / 22.490

Since there's no doubt now that Bamco are gonna be cranking out a sequel, what're our expectations in that regard? Flesh out the secondary Rider roster for the next game, go back to Showa shows for the third?

Seems like a logical path.

Oh man, looking at the number drops for Super Climax Heroes and Rider Generation 2 has me concerned for the future of those franchises. I enjoyed both of the games a lot and felt they were massive improvements over their previous entries.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since there's no doubt now that Bamco are gonna be cranking out a sequel, what're our expectations in that regard? Flesh out the secondary Rider roster for the next game, go back to Showa shows for the third?

Give me the roster I posted earlier with non-riders like Nazca and the Imagins, add co-op, fix the stuttering. Switchable moves like in Basara. Better flesh out the secondary forms for guys like OOO and Blade.

That's all I'd want. I think Showa will come but not until a possible third game and by that point, I think they'll try this format with Sentai and maybe some guest cameos from like Gavan.

squall23

I would put balancing the entire game as priority over everything else. Balancing such as fixing the hitboxes, balance out the levelling system, give everybody and every form full movesets, balance out the characters (still hate how Emperor Form's Zanvat Slash is sooooooo slow). Then and only then should Bamco be talking about adding more characters.

Neogaf's own ReXXXsoprano is doing a video run on this now

Showing off the ins and outs and explaining how it works as he goes for those on the fence.

Supportin' my boy.

Why thank you, sir! Appreciate the support in every way possible. I laughed so hard when I saw this because it caught me by complete surprise! Thank You once more for posting this in my stead!

I would've posted this myself but I've been trying to have as much of an organic experience with the game as possible.

Speaking of figuring things out...

#RunDatReXXX Kamen Rider Battride War 002: Question & Answer Beatdown

I went back after the 1st vid and played around a bit and figured out some things about the gameplay systems & answered some questions that were asked of me.

And while editing this video I found out how combos in the game actually flow which will help later in obtaining those S Ranks my OCD demands I receive. I'll either be explaining it in the next mission or running back this one since I've done it about 5 times and still not getting the S Rank on Hard.

The only thing I need to figure out is how the End of Mission scoring works and how that flows into rank. A factor I've since discovered while replaying the mission is you're actually graded in some missions by recreating specific actions from the show. So in this example using the Flame Dragon to finish Phoenix versus using Wizard's Various Strike Spells or Thunder in All Dragon affects how many points you get.

Looks like there's plenty to dissect here and I'll have a good time doing just that!

shaowebb

Why thank you, sir! Appreciate the support in every way possible. I laughed so hard when I saw this because it caught me by complete surprise! Thank You once more for posting this in my stead!

I would've posted this myself but I've been trying to have as much of an organic experience with the game as possible.

I went back after the 1st vid and played around a bit and figured out some things about the gameplay systems & answered some questions that were asked of me.

And while editing this video I found out how combos in the game actually flow which will help later in obtaining those S Ranks my OCD demands I receive. I'll either be explaining it in the next mission or running back this one since I've done it about 5 times and still not getting the S Rank on Hard.

The only thing I need to figure out is how the End of Mission scoring works and how that flows into rank. A factor I've since discovered while replaying the mission is you're actually graded in some missions by recreating specific actions from the show. So in this example using the Flame Dragon to finish Phoenix versus using Wizard's Various Strike Spells or Thunder in All Dragon affects how many points you get.

Looks like there's plenty to dissect here and I'll have a good time doing just that!

No problem man! You helped me write that massive Super Climax Heroes OT and you actually import and showcase titles like Daemon Bride. Folks dont really have a dedicated import reviewer to explain things to em on youtube much less one who knows fighters so you're definitely someone I try to promote.

BTW is Sunday Magazine Taizen for PSP worth anything? Kenichi vs Devilman and Ippo vs Cyborg 009 sounds intriguing. You can PM me on that. ;)

WillyFive

Although its sometimes hard to understand, your commentary on your videos is hilarious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish it would tell when you've unlocked all abilities/combo strings. I thought I maxed Blade and Faiz, but I just got ot the point with Axel form where his stab attack turns into a teleport and AOE kick

This game is so damn fun once you start unlocking characters and getting figures. The moment I started using Gatakiriba OOO + Meteor figures the fun factor shot up bigtime. I can rack up huge combos now, leading to tons more money and actual meter to use (before I was getting little yellow meter at all).

So far, the best way I've found to get fast combos is using +hit figures. I've been using Gatakiriba (Rank B) and Kabuito (Rank B) or Meteor (Rank C) for this purpose.
Gatakiriba is +3 hits for every hit after 30 on the combo counter.
Kabuto is +3 hits for every hit you do, but your defense is lowered.
Meteor is +2 hits for every hit you do.
I'm sure there are others that add +hit, but these are the only ones I've tested and know for sure so far. Another useful figure for combo purposes is Meteor Storm (Rank A). That one gives you more down time between hits before your combo is dropped

Speaking of combos, here is the full list of combo counter names:
100 hits = Show Time
200 hits = Blaster
300 hits = Hyper
400 hits = Kanji!!
500 hits = 500combo+Moon Runes
600 hits = Evolution
700 hits = Moon Runes again
800 hits = Extreme
900 hits = Survive
1,000 hits = Fever
1,100 hits = Ultimate
1,200 hits = Shining
1,300 hits = Climax
1,400 hits = Complete.

As far as I can tell I think rankings are just based on 3 things.
1: How much damage you took. This starts at 10,000 points and goes down the more you take.
2: How many enemies you killed. Max points is 10,000. Different stages need different kill counts to get that.
3: How big your largest combo was. Max points is 10,000. Different stages need different combo counts to get that.
I'm unsure if there is a universal point allotment for C, B, A, S or if that is also stage dependent.

I got my copy today - everything turned out better than I expected. I like the mobs, the attack strings, the boss fights - it's all great. The only disappointment was the bike, and even that isn't too much of a bummer since I can do everything I wanted to do (wheelies, jumps, pivots, hard turns, etc). I'm really looking forward to unlocking more moves and other stuff to mess around with.

Man, I love how the Fangires burst into glass and the Yummies into coins.

Throwing in the original explosion effects for each type of grunt was another nice touch; it adds a little variety to their deaths.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fang Joker's r1 takes forever to unlock.
Liking playing Decade way more than I would have thought. Still wish you could play Diend and summon bodyguard riders.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, here's a quick translation of the menu that appears after each Rider Road stage:

-Continue
-Save and Quit
-Give up

If you choose "Save and Quit", the next time you choose Rider Road from the main menu, you'll be asked if you want to continue your previous game.

Anyone else think they are going to release DLC for the secondary riders? They seem to all have basic movesets already, just without powerup modes or transformations. As for any that don't have their own bike, then just let them use their series' main rider's bike.

No problem man! You helped me write that massive Super Climax Heroes OT and you actually import and showcase titles like Daemon Bride. Folks dont really have a dedicated import reviewer to explain things to em on youtube much less one who knows fighters so you're definitely someone I try to promote.

BTW is Sunday Magazine Taizen for PSP worth anything? Kenichi vs Devilman and Ippo vs Cyborg 009 sounds intriguing. You can PM me on that. ;)

Somebody has to do these things and since they so happen to fall under things I love and enjoy, I have no problem with doing it at all. And all the work I do is my community service to give back what was given to me and show there's more out there than what happens to be shoved down people's throat from up high is all.

And Sunday X Magazine, that game and I have a twisted history together. Made Day 1 Combo Vids, used some verbage people didn't quite agree with (even though it was true) and didn't end up reviewing it at all. Something I plan to change pretty soon.

To answer you're inquiry though, if you need a serviceable fanservice fighter then it does that job. Broken 10 ways from "Sunday" (LOL and I was pretty responsible for most of that) I enjoy it. Better if you can get some friends on it through Ad-Hoc on PS3 because the CPU alone doesn't quite fill that gap. And I assume you'd get it pretty cheap now instead of the $120 I paid total for it back in 2009. So go for it I say.

Although its sometimes hard to understand, your commentary on your videos is hilarious.

Thank You and I know. However, if you only knew my setup on this side you'd question how I get videos on YouTube in the first place. I am working on getting new everything and trying new things to create a better product that I can be proud of and you can enjoy. I hereby pledge to continue to bring the funny and make it so you can clearly hear the funny. TokuGAF Honor!

shaowebb

Somebody has to do these things and since they so happen to fall under things I love and enjoy, I have no problem with doing it at all. And all the work I do is my community service to give back what was given to me and show there's more out there than what happens to be shoved down people's throat from up high is all.

And Sunday X Magazine, that game and I have a twisted history together. Made Day 1 Combo Vids, used some verbage people didn't quite agree with (even though it was true) and didn't end up reviewing it at all. Something I plan to change pretty soon.

To answer you're inquiry though, if you need a serviceable fanservice fighter then it does that job. Broken 10 ways from "Sunday" (LOL and I was pretty responsible for most of that) I enjoy it. Better if you can get some friends on it through Ad-Hoc on PS3 because the CPU alone doesn't quite fill that gap. And I assume you'd get it pretty cheap now instead of the $120 I paid total for it back in 2009. So go for it I say.

Thank You and I know. However, if you only knew my setup on this side you'd question how I get videos on YouTube in the first place. I am working on getting new everything and trying new things to create a better product that I can be proud of and you can enjoy. I hereby pledge to continue to bring the funny and make it so you can clearly hear the funny. TokuGAF Honor!

Look up Blue Snowball USB mouse. I use it for recording for animation work. Cheap, affordable studio quality.

That said...will you be getting the Battride DLC too?

Look up Blue Snowball USB mouse. I use it for recording for animation work. Cheap, affordable studio quality.

That said...will you be getting the Battride DLC too?

I just did. I'll be sure to keep that in mind when the money's right.

And yeah I am. If for no other reason that I'll have full control of the Infinity Style WizarDriver Tone at my command!

Do you think there is any chance of an EU/US release? EU did get the Saint Seiya game after all.

Chances of this releasing outside of Japan are practically zero.

Not familiar with Saint Seiya apart from seeing some Knights of the Zodiac DVDs in stores but that alone puts it above "40 episodes, only like three of which were released on DVD and one movie which was pretty crap apart from the suit design" Masked Rider.

Top Bottom