• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War |OT| Now, it's showtime!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I've updated the Wiki again. Got all the figures translated save for the bike figures (and all those do is alter the stats of the bikes, so they're not worth wasting slots on anyway). I'll probably fill those in later.

http://battridewar.wikia.com/wiki/Figures

EDIT: Added the bike figures too. That SHOULD be everything. If anyone wants to help fill in the missing prices, please do!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Still need the following information for the Wiki. If you can contribute, that'd be great:

Figure prices for Phoenix, Eternal, Hyper Kabuto, Skull, Super Apollo Geist, Diend, Bat Fangire, N Daguba Zeba, Cassisworm, Beast, Meteor Storm, W Cyclone Joker Extreme, Den-O Liner Form

Any figure rewards for clearing Rider Road stages with various ranks. Basically when you clear a Rider Road stage, you get a different figure depending on what rank you cleared it at. So make note of this and add it to the wiki when you can.

A clearer idea of what the Den-O Liner Form, Accel Trial, and Fourze Magnet States figures do. These are a bit complicated and I'm not 100% on my translations.

The exact methods of unlocking the 11th Rider Road stage and Very Hard mode.

how import friendly is the game? I speak no japanese, and don't play dynasty warrior, but I do watch some kamen rider like ryuki, kabuto, 000 etc and really like it.

JadanSheridan

Neo Member
So yeah, thanks to his tips and the wiki, my combo strings just exploded. Gatakiriba + Meteor Storm = 3038 hit combo with Wizard.

Man this game is incredibly fun.

Have unlocked all the main Riders, really enjoying the game.

Dunno what I expected from Tajador, but it wasn't that. Gatakiriba tears shit up though.

Decade is every bit the pimpmobile he ought to be.

After playing the game a bit more, I've got some other thoughts about it.

- Fourze's intro in Cronicle Mode is just perfect.

- I'm not sure why some Riders are able to cancel their attacks with jumps and others can't (I guess it's the more acrobatic ones that can do it) but it's a really useful way to keep moving within a mass of enemies, and that comes in handy when there's a bunch of projectile-launching grunts surrounding you. Looking at the figures list, it seems that there's a figure that gives that ability to anyone, so I guess there's not much point getting hung up over it.

- On that note, Kiva's a combo machine - his main string goes on for days, canceling said string with a jump into that weird ground pound move of his is a great way to break up a crowd, and that special sliding kick covers a ton of ground quickly enough for me to keep a string going even after chasing a few monsters down. His base form is so much fun that I'd rather clear a stage with it than go into most of his other forms. I didn't think I'd be using him as much as I have, but he's really grown on me.

- Charge attacks in this game are really satisfying to use once you get the hang of them down. I was wondering how they were going differentiate between Kuuga and Agito; apparently Agito just punches and kicks way, way harder than everyone else!

- Faiz is pretty fun too, but as others have mentioned, Crimson Smash is a little finicky. If only it didn't jump so high; then I could use it after the Sparkle Cut or something. It's great for hitting bosses halfway across the room, though.

- Chronicle Mode is kind of a slog, since they reuse so many obstacles between stages. I don't know what could have been done to make a real improvement, but I feel like the game would have benefited from throwing in at least one or two more types of obstacles to mix things up a bit. Then again, I've been playing it on Hard Mode, so it could just be that. I'm hoping that when I get to Rider Road, it's a bit more varied.

I see some potential in this game, and I expect that the sequel will be a marked improvement over this initial entry.

Incendiary throwing Shocker gimp motherfuckers.

Also, Wizard Infinity Style's up now.

Holy shit Infinity Style is "press Triangle to combo like crazy".

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How does one go about getting Infinity? I've never used the JP PSN.

Also, unlocked all of Kiva's Forms (bar DoGaBaKi, but that's just a move, right?), and damn, at first I found the Forms a bit boring since they only know one move besides their combo, but they're pretty powerful and when the move animation begins, they seem to basically be invincible. Bassha is surprisingly the funnest. I also enjoy how you can switch back to normal Kiva instantly without any cut in the action. That's something Wizard is problematic with...he's so fucking slow, and none of his attacks seem to protect you when they're charging. Even the Dragon Finishers can be interrupted, like Fire Dragon while in mid-air can be knocked down and the whole move is ruined. I also can't figure out what's up with Ground Style...the stomp attack sucks compared to SaGoZou's, and the little shields seem pointless and most attacks seem to go through them.

Usually I just beat down the Secondary Riders you fight, but I kind of just ran around a bit and a lot of them are pretty detailed with their moves...Garren does the "Mirage Double Kick" he does in the show, while Zeronos puts you in a body-slam like he did to Deneb all the time. Love it. Pretty odd how they seem so detailed yet aren't included as playable...surely it wouldn't be that hard to set them up?

How does one go about getting Infinity? I've never used the JP PSN.

This guide seems pretty good in terms of walking you through making a JP PSN account and navigating the store.

Once you get to the game section it's pretty simple to find Battride War's listing and Infinity within it.

Pretty odd how they seem so detailed yet aren't included as playable...surely it wouldn't be that hard to set them up?

Sequel bait.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
One thing to note about Kabuto: Once you hit Lv. 20, his O move expands. After the "rapid strike", if you keep pressing O he'll do a "shoryuken" type move afterward.

Watch Da Birdie

One thing to note about Kabuto: Once you hit Lv. 20, his O move expands. After the "rapid strike", if you keep pressing O he'll do a "shoryuken" type move afterward.

Awesome, I was wondering if he did anything else since he starts off pretty much complete beyond Clock Up getting longer.

This guide seems pretty good in terms of walking you through making a JP PSN account and navigating the store.

Once you get to the game section it's pretty simple to find Battride War's listing and Infinity within it.

Cool. Infinity is free, right?

Watch Da Birdie

So, uh, I swear this didn't happen before...but I just noticed that after the Opening CG, there's this weird scene with some Rider (not sure who it is?) blurred out by static. Who is that? That's the first time I noticed that scene.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So, uh, I swear this didn't happen before...but I just noticed that after the Opening CG, there's this weird scene with some Rider (not sure who it is?) blurred out by static. Who is that? That's the first time I noticed that scene.

It's "Decade Fury", the terrible, extremely lazy last boss.

Gun Animal

I'm a huge Rider fan on a small budget, where's the best place to get this game for cheap? Everywhere I've seen it runs for 80+ dollars.

edit: is a 25% markup normal for imports? I've only imported one game before, Jump Ultimate Stars.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm a huge Rider fan on a small budget, where's the best place to get this game for cheap? Everywhere I've seen it runs for 80+ dollars.

edit: is a 25% markup normal for imports? I've only imported one game before, Jump Ultimate Stars.

It's probably high right now because it's been doing fairly well. Mine was cheaper than a new US game when I preordered.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Amiami is the cheapest place to buy it. If they aren't sold out.

Wizard Infinity is okay. Fang Joker is worse, by far.
I only got Infinity up to Lv12 or so, but he's pretty boring IMO. His Triangle is great for churning dat combo butter, but other wise I'm not seeing the point in his O and Rider Kick.

At least Fang Joker has all that Shoulder Fang hilarity.

Sora_N

Finally got back into this. I've only played as Wizard and W, W is fun to play. Wizard is ok.

I'm playing as Faiz now, and really hate him. Does he get better with his other forms or more attacks? I didn't even like using Blaster Form. :/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally got back into this. I've only played as Wizard and W, W is fun to play. Wizard is ok.

I'm playing as Faiz now, and really hate him. Does he get better with his other forms or more attacks? I didn't even like using Blaster Form. :/

He gets better, I'd say. His Faiz Edge move expands after Lv. 5 or 10 to where you can keep pressing Triangle to slash after the stun. Eventually you'll get Axel Form as well, which isn't terribly powerful but IS really fun to use. I don't think Faiz is all that bad at all.

Sora_N

He gets better, I'd say. His Faiz Edge move expands after Lv. 5 or 10 to where you can keep pressing Triangle to slash after the stun. Eventually you'll get Axel Form as well, which isn't terribly powerful but IS really fun to use. I don't think Faiz is all that bad at all.

That's good to hear, gonna use him again to try to get him to level 5. :) Thanks!

EDIT: Actually the Faiz punch move is pretty powerful, and until you posted that I wasn't sure how to use the triangle attack. Still not that useful atm but cool to know how to use it!

shaowebb

Okay guys PS4 supposedly allows PS3 titles to play on it via Cloud. Is Battride War up for sale digitally on PS3 because if so I can bypass buying a PS3, go straight to PS4 and still own this game by doing this via the online marketplace.

Does anyone know if this is possible. This is a big thing for me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay guys PS4 supposedly allows PS3 titles to play on it via Cloud. Is Battride War up for sale digitally on PS3 because if so I can bypass buying a PS3, go straight to PS4 and still own this game by doing this via the online marketplace.

Does anyone know if this is possible. This is a big thing for me.

Battride War is not up on JPSN. And we don't even know if the PS4 is region-free or not.

Sora_N

OOO is so fun to play as, Gatakiriba seems a little incomplete but he's still really useful. TaToBa is just pure fun to control.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
OOO is so fun to play as, Gatakiriba seems a little incomplete but he's still really useful. TaToBa is just pure fun to control.

I really don't like OOO that much. Which is unfortunate, since I LOVE the series. They went a little lazy on his forms and only gave them one special move each. And Tajador is possibly the absolute worst form in the game. Which, again, is unfortunate.

Sora_N

I really don't like OOO that much. Which is unfortunate, since I LOVE the series. They went a little lazy on his forms and only gave them one special move each. And Tajador is possibly the absolute worst form in the game. Which, again, is unfortunate.

Yeah I loved the show, but was surprised to see how fun to play his forms are (despite having only one attack for Gatakiriba). I hope in the next game they fix that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah I loved the show, but was surprised to see how fun to play his forms are (despite having only one attack for Gatakiriba). I hope in the next game they fix that.

It's not just Gatakiriba, though. All his forms only have one attack each (aside from their standard combo).

And really, prepare for massive disappointment when you unlock Tajador. :(

My copy arrived this morning and I've been having a blast on this game. I just have one question though about the finisher moves, do you have to transform (with R2) first and then press circle+triangle to finish them off?

At long last, I have my Platinum trophy for this game. It was pretty fun getting it (except for that blasted 555 km one; whoever thought that one up needs to be kicked into a river or something.)

Seraphis, you weren't kidding when you said that Hibiki was one of the best characters in the game. He's ridiculously strong once he gets some experience, which is appropriate for him in a meta kind of way. He hits like a truck, his normal attacks draws enemies in like some sort of vacuum, and he's got I-frames all over the longest parts of his main attack chain. And Kurenai form adds even more I-frames! I've waded into entire swarms of Worms and beaten them silly in a matter of seconds.

And his drumming motions are nuts. You can knock a boss around for a little bit, go into Bakuretsu Kyouda no Kata, cancel it with an air dash, drop down on the boss with an attack before he explodes and start all over again. I'm still not too sure why Hibiki's so agile in this game and only in this game - I guess that's part of how he moves in the show. I'm certainly not complaining about it, though.
Actually, since all the variations of his finisher can be canceled on the final hit with a jump, it seems like they've all got their own uses.

Hibiki just carried me all the way through Rider Road. I honestly don't know whether or not I could have cleared it without being able to keep the beat all over people's faces. But it was fun sticking with him for the last few missions, in contrast to how I just hopped from Rider to Rider for most of the campaign.

WillyFive

Anyone else think the sound effects are way too loud? Especially when you attack a lot of enemies, the sound effects just stack on top of each other, getting louder with each enemy.

Anyone else think the sound effects are way too loud? Especially when you attack a lot of enemies, the sound effects just stack on top of each other, getting louder with each enemy.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The enemy noises and sound effects are both too loud on the default settings.

Sora_N

Finally got a chance to get back to this, finished exams. How do you get more money? I kill random mobs but most of the time I don't get anything.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finally got a chance to get back to this, finished exams. How do you get more money? I kill random mobs but most of the time I don't get anything.

Shop points earned is based on combos, and you have to get at least a 50 hit combo to start generating points. The higher your combo, the higher the multiplier you get, up to a maximum of 4x.

Sora_N

Shop points earned is based on combos, and you have to get at least a 50 hit combo to start generating points. The higher your combo, the higher the multiplier you get, up to a maximum of 4x.

Ah ok, no wonder why I don't get it sometimes. Will just try harder to get more combos in then. Thanks!

Watch Da Birdie

Rather disappointed in Blade's Jack Form, considering how long (Level 30) it took to unlock.

Also sucks Ryuki doesn't seem to get anything else noticeable bar being able to summon Dragoredder mid-attack, but I guess that's all he had in the show. His bikes also seems to be the worst things ever, neither one of them work right.

Top Bottom