• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

inthemyst

Neo Member
I just started this game yesterday because of firehawk's poi poi during our Destiny runs. I got lucky with a few early drops but now I'm stuck running out of fuel every hour. I think I've been playing this game too much.

Nafe

8xg1GXG.png

Getting to the boss node of level 2-3 for the first time and I was able to S-Rank it and got I-168. Lucky. :)

Speaking of submarines, when you go to choose level 1-5 there's the image to select it but underneath is another level-like image that's locked. It looks like world one only has the five levels though. Does anyone know what the locked image is for then?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
30/30/30/30 for the quests since I have most if not all the other ships I actually want (minus LSC) and I can only usually sortie once a day given how long it takes for everyone to repair lol.
Ah, I'm still trying to get Yukikaze and another I-8, so I'm doing the sub recipe. But I just got an I-19 from doing the monthly 1-5, so I'm happy.

8xg1GXG.png

Getting to the boss node of level 2-3 for the first time and I was able to S-Rank it and got I-168. Lucky. :)

Speaking of submarines, when you go to choose level 1-5 there's the image to select it but underneath is another level-like image that's locked. It looks like world one only has the five levels though. Does anyone know what the locked image is for then?
Congrats. At the very least you can grind 3-2 now when you get there. lol

I just started this game yesterday because of firehawk's poi poi during our Destiny runs. I got lucky with a few early drops but now I'm stuck running out of fuel every hour. I think I've been playing this game too much.
Welcome to the world of Poiiiiiiiii~~

Resources become much less of a problem when you get the expedition fleets.

inthemyst

Neo Member
Poi poi! Now I feel like I have to play :p

You should join us! We can then start posting "Need 1 more for Crota HM" on all Kancolle threads too.

firehawk12 said:
Welcome to the world of Poiiiiiiiii~~

I got my first expedition fleet. Now I need a 2nd carrier to unlock the right quests to get the 2nd expedition fleet. I unlocked 1-5 so now I get to grind my kanmusu to take on World 2. Why do I always play these grindy games :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You should join us! We can then start posting "Need 1 more for Crota HM" on all Kancolle threads too.

I got my first expedition fleet. Now I need a 2nd carrier to unlock the right quests to get the 2nd expedition fleet. I unlocked 1-5 so now I get to grind my kanmusu to take on World 2. Why do I always play these grindy games :)
Because of moe~. lol

toypop

Other areas also have x-5 map. 1-5, 2-5, 3-5 and 5-5 are currently available as EO(extra operation) monthly maps.
x-6 are not implemented yet so is 4-5. I think these EO maps will be unlocked once you finish the whole area (x-4).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Other areas also have x-5 map. 1-5, 2-5, 3-5 and 5-5 are currently available as EO(extra operation) monthly maps.
x-6 are not implemented yet so is 4-5. I think these EO maps will be unlocked once you finish the whole area (x-4).
Ahh, so two EO maps per world? That sort of makes sense.

Nafe

Ah, I'm still trying to get Yukikaze and another I-8, so I'm doing the sub recipe. But I just got an I-19 from doing the monthly 1-5, so I'm happy.

I want an I-19 too.

Congrats. At the very least you can grind 3-2 now when you get there. lol

Yeah, currently leveling up at 2-4. I got Hiei to Kai and Haruna and Akagi are almost there now too.

I've never run out of resources but the extra fleets certainly do help. Just need the fourth fleet now.

Because of moe~. lol

From BGBW in the anime thread.

The funny thing is that I think Ooi's seiyuu also voices Kitakami, so she basically has to act all yuri for hereself,haha.
It's the same for Nagato and Mutsu.

Okay, so maybe just a placeholder for future sorties. Since the game seems to be getting little updates I was wondering if extra missions would be added in the future, or if they would leave it as is and instead just have the events as their extra sortie missions.

I don't think I'll be ready for the Spring 2015 event. :(
Events sound pretty tough and I really just started a couple weeks ago. That or I might not have enough resources. People are making it sound like you need quite a bit.

Maid

Banned
I'm still stuck at 3-2 for god knows why. I feel like I'm doing something wrong with my setup, but I can't exactly pinpoint what was wrong. My fleet either moved the wrong way or got hit to red before reaching boss.
I don't think I'll be ready for the Spring 2015 event. :(
Events sound pretty tough and I really just started a couple weeks ago. That or I might not have enough resources. People are making it sound like you need quite a bit.

Do not pass any event. Even if you have just started, you could tackle a first few maps and get the nice bonus. Beside, your admiral level would be low right now and it's an advantage to take on event, since it's easier. Just focus on grinding several of your main ship to high level and you would be good enough.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm still stuck at 3-2 for god knows why. I feel like I'm doing something wrong with my setup, but I can't exactly pinpoint what was wrong. My fleet either moved the wrong way or got hit to red before reaching boss.
The worst part of the game is that everything really is RNG based. I don't know why I didn't have a hard time with 3-2.

The funny thing is that I think Ooi's seiyuu also voices Kitakami, so she basically has to act all yuri for hereself,haha.
It's the same for Nagato and Mutsu.
Huh, I guess that's an accident of them using repeat voices for the game. I can't say I really noticed, so they're good at their job at least. lol

Maid

Banned
Huh, I guess that's an accident of them using repeat voices for the game. I can't say I really noticed, so they're good at their job at least. lol
All Kongou sisters are from one seiyuu, lol. If there is anyone I wouldn't tired of hearing, that would be them.

Vylash

i remember when i got excited about getting Imuya, but eventually you realize it's just Imuya

あぁん! 水着が破けちゃうじゃない。

Maid

Banned
8qOZu9L.png

Dunno if this is enough. Haven't played for a while so I don't know how much is the standard for an event recently.

i remember when i got excited about getting Imuya, but eventually you realize it's just Imuya

あぁん! 水着が破けちゃうじゃない。

Iku used to be my most favorite sub.
Until the day I saw Ro-500. Too bad I missed the last event.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Its intended. One seiyuu voiced all ships in the same class. Here is more about this.
All Kongou sisters are from one seiyuu, lol. If there is anyone I wouldn't tired of hearing, that would be them.
That's hilarious. I bet they didn't have an anime in mind, so it made sense to just have them record variations of the same 50 lines or so for the related ships.
But for the anime, it must have been an interesting experience for them to basically act against themselves. lol

Maid

Banned
That's hilarious. I bet they didn't have an anime in mind, so it made sense to just have them record variations of the same 50 lines or so for the related ships.
But for the anime, it must have been an interesting experience for them to basically act against themselves. lol

Actually they have very different lines and personality based on the line. Honestly at first I didn't realize they are all from Nao, until someone told me about the drama one Nao show where she's acting as the 4 sisters talking with each others.

Nafe

Alright! Just a few days after my first submarine I get my second through the daily build quests. I-8.

---

Haha, I didn't catch that Nao Toyama did all the Kongou girls. She even does Takao and Atago as well. I knew Ikazuchi and Inazuma were the same person since they're so similar but also didn't realize Aya Suzaki did all of the Akatsuki group. The voice recording sessions must have been pretty interesting,haha.

Do not pass any event. Even if you have just started, you could tackle a first few maps and get the nice bonus. Beside, your admiral level would be low right now and it's an advantage to take on event, since it's easier. Just focus on grinding several of your main ship to high level and you would be good enough.

I heard that even if you don't get some of the new ships from the event, some of the rarer ships already in the game are maybe a little bit easier to get as drops. Apparently there's going to be a new BB introduced to the game that's Italian.

With them adding so many ships it feels like they need to increase the cap from 100 or it's almost like they're forcing you to buy more. Initially I was going to give up some of my DD since I'm basically at the 100 ship cap but then I see some of them are required for a Quest. Some quests you probably don't ultimately have to do but it seems like some are prerequisites to others that you might want to do.

Maid

Banned
With them adding so many ships it feels like they need to increase the cap from 100 or it's almost like they're forcing you to buy more. Initially I was going to give up some of my DD since I'm basically at the 100 ship cap but then I see some of them are required for a Quest. Some quests you probably don't ultimately have to do but it seems like some are prerequisites to others that you might want to do.

That's why I'm trying to quickly level up my girls for a quests and will let them retire after completing them.

And then it hits me that they are bringing up the old girls to Kai-Ni upgrade. Now I can't give up anyone even as trivial as they look. Better spending for more slots, admiral.

They will likely never increase the free slot sadly. That's one of the way for them to get money from teitokus. btw in order to do any event map you need to at least have 5 free ship slot & 20 free equipment slots... so

Vylash

that's the point, they need to make money

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Actually they have very different lines and personality based on the line. Honestly at first I didn't realize they are all from Nao, until someone told me about the drama one Nao show where she's acting as the 4 sisters talking with each others.
That's what I meant though. It's probably not that much work to record those lines than say, play a few characters over the course of a 12 episode anime. Then again, the anime itself only focused on a few characters I suppose.

-

So is 5-3 really as bad as people seem to say it is? I'm afraid to try it since my DD fleet is still underleveled.

Bombless

No one is safe from KanColle. The Mighty Jingles, a popular youtuber, fan of wargames (WoTanks, WoWarships and others) just published a video of the Kongou in WoWarships and mentioned he was a fan of anime Kirishima and bought the Ques Q version haha.

Nafe

Speaking of the Events, my current HQ level is about 36 or 37. Is that still fairly low enough?
I've heard some talk that extra missions, like 1-5,2-5, and Events can be really difficult at higher HQ levels. Hopefully they have the difficulty option again then if so.

That's why I'm trying to quickly level up my girls for a quests and will let them retire after completing them.

And then it hits me that they are bringing up the old girls to Kai-Ni upgrade. Now I can't give up anyone even as trivial as they look. Better spending for more slots, admiral.

They will likely never increase the free slot sadly. That's one of the way for them to get money from teitokus. btw in order to do any event map you need to at least have 5 free ship slot & 20 free equipment slots... so

Yeah, I might just try to do the quests and then use them for modernizing. Does anyone know how often they add quests to the game anyway?
That or I guess as long as Events aren't specific ship dependent.

I'd have to look it up again but I thought I read it was 1000 yen for a 10 ship increase. That might not seem like much at first but 10 ships really isn't either and it feels like you'd have to do it two or three times. I guess if I did change my mind, it would be the more common destroyers that I'd be going for, so it might not take that long to get them back.

that's the point, they need to make money

Yeah, but then it's not as "free to play" anymore,haha.

Maid

Banned
Has there ever been a discount or something form DMM credits/ship slots? I think I may bite since I just realize how many quests I missed due to not enough ships.

toypop

Has there ever been a discount or something form DMM credits/ship slots? I think I may bite since I just realize how many quests I missed due to not enough ships.

They usually do in Summer, around first weekend of August (before Obon holidays).
You can buy 1.5x DMM points with normal price ONCE during this period.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They usually do in Summer, around first weekend of August (before Obon holidays).
Hrm, so you have to spend at least 2000 yen to make it worth it, assuming you are bucking docks/ship slots.

Maid

Banned

Well, I guess I'll spend for 10 slots now then. At the rate they are pushing out new ships, I can't think I'll be able to hold until August.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
xnKlCy8l.png

It took me 50-70 buckets, I gained at least 5 admiral levels, and I lost about 8000 fuel due to repair and sortie costs, but I finally cleared all of 5-3. That nightmare is over.

Time to take a break and just let the resources come back in time for the event. I'm not even going to bother with 3-5. lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ironic to see StayDead got sunk in a thread about the real Yamato. So looks like you maniacs are gonna be running around without a Captain for a while. D:

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The new map has interesting mechanics at least. Curious to read about it when people try it out... but of course, the game is down indefinitely so who knows when that will happen.

Top Bottom