• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
de0jjBL.jpg

Yamato nendroid. That looks insanely detailed. Would fear the price...

Shigure Kai Ni

While not Kancolle related, am sure folks here have seen Arpeggio

inthemyst

Neo Member
I think I've been playing this game too much. I'm only a little over 2 weeks into the game but I've already got 3 ships at Kai Ni :X

Where do you guys get your AA fodder from? I'm trying to max modernize some of the girls, but I don't where to get lots of girls that provide AA boosts. I've been sacrificing Isuzu Kai after stealing her radar, as well as grinding 3-2 for units. Is there a better place?

And Shimakaze is sold out now from HLJ :(

Azusa

I heard that CV(L) will be important in the next event. Here are mine girls:

ZMyK8u6.png

I'm thinking to try medium difficulty. Is ~50 lvl enough?

Josephl64

I'm just trying to keep my level as low as possible aiming for just one ship before I continue, I know I can technically do 3-2-1 grinding, but hopefully this works out.

Draxal

ZMyK8u6.png

Did you both developing planes as I think that'll be bigger the need (reppuus).

As an aside did 3 420/420/420/420 carrier recipes and I got Kaga/Soryuu/Hiryuu in that order. (had the first 2 but that Hiryuu was great). The RNG in this game is so streaky.

Maid

Banned

ZMyK8u6.png

Focusing on getting good planes is also important. You still have time so try to level up Kaga/Akagi/Ryuujou/Hiyou to at least 70 and get the CVL's Kai Ni.

Just realize my fleet is seriously lacking in CAV. My only good girl is Tone at 75, and all the others are around 30s.

Nafe

After four or five times at trying map 3-2, I was able to attempt the boss node. First try and I was able to S-Rank the boss node. :)
My reward was getting the BB Yamashiro which I would have preferred more if she wasn't already my most acquired BB, having already gotten four or five of her.

Fubuki actually took one hit that sent her into medium damage in the mandatory battle before the boss node. If it wasn't for that then she wouldn't have really taken much damage at all either.

The levels and stats of my ships for added context. All of them are equipped with two 12.7cm guns and Fubuki has a type-13 air radar (or whatever the basic one is). I'm not sure if they really helped but three others have sonars equipped, two of them type-93 and another a type-3.

Maid

Banned
After four or five times at trying map 3-2, I was able to attempt the boss node. First try and I was able to S-Rank the boss node. :)
My reward was getting the BB Yamashiro which I would have preferred more if she wasn't already my most acquired BB, having already gotten four or five of her.

That's impressive. I only managed to beat 3-2 with my team consist of mostly 70s levels girls, and even with that I struggled a lot.

Azusa

Ship-locking confirmed for Medium & Hard Mode
Ships used in E-3 can't be used in E-4
Ships used in E-3 & E-4 can't be used in E-5
You can freely deploy ships to a map if you select Easy Mode for it
E-6 has no ship-locking whatsoever, so you can use all ships regardless of the difficulty setting.

Ugh. I think I'll do this event on easy mode. I don't have enough high leveled ships to lock them.

Only 2 CV ~50lvl, 5 CVL ~55lvl, 6 Kai Ni DD, 4 Kai Ni CL, 3 Kai Ni CA, 2 CAV ~40lvl, 4 BBV ~54lvl, 4 FBB + Mutsu ~56lvl, 2x2 SS ~45lvl and 2 Kai Ni CLT.

I'm predicting that I will end up doing all except E6 on hard just like previous event... Really need to get Musashi & Bismarck before the next event :\

MSMrRound

10421207_10152830915984632_6063391645146884459_n.jpg

Not even ready. Just gonna give the event a shot and see what I can get.

Not thinking of trying Medium or Hard for now unless someone somehow report that you can get Prinz Eugen from there...keeping my eyes out for my Chiyo ship.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, you guys have so many resources. lol

I still have no idea what I'm going to do with the other maps, but I was able to get Amatsukaze from E1. Really want Ooyodo, but at least I can do the evasion submarine thing now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's all her gear that makes it look so impressive.

Also dropping an Unryuu on the first try has me afraid that RNG is going to nail me later on. But so far hard mode has been relatively easy up to E3 at least. The real test seems to be E5 though.

Josephl64

I have Hiei, Akagi Kai, Kaga Kai, Jun'you Kai, Haguro Kai, and Kongou Kai.

I recently just got a Haruna and wanted to replace one of them with her, would it be preferrable to replace Jun'you or Haguro?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have Hiei, Akagi Kai, Kaga Kai, Jun'you Kai, Haguro Kai, and Kongou Kai.

I recently just got a Haruna and wanted to replace one of them with her, would it be preferrable to replace Jun'you or Haguro?

Are you out of ship slots? You'll want to keep all the Kongou class ships at least.
This event has also shown me that CVLs are important, so Junyou is useful too...

Also, finished this damn thing on Hard. I probably should have done E1 on Hard as well, but wanted the 46cm over the 51cm. But now I just have to wait for resources to come back before I can farm.

Josephl64

Are you out of ship slots? You'll want to keep all the Kongou class ships at least.
This event has also shown me that CVLs are important, so Junyou is useful too...

Also, finished this damn thing on Hard. I probably should have done E1 on Hard as well, but wanted the 46cm over the 51cm. But now I just have to wait for resources to come back before I can farm.

right I don't have my 4th fleet unlocked as I don't have Kirishima yet. I just want to make my main fleet as strong as possible(this arrangement is for regulat non-event play)

I'm beginning the event however I'm waiting on resources too

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would check to see if you have ships that aren't required for quests and consider deleting them firsts - typically DDs and CLs. I would definitely keep one of each CV(L), BB and probably CA.

You'll find that 100 slots will not be enough though. This event gave me nearly 10 new ships and I just had to buy a slot to keep them all.

Josephl64

I would check to see if you have ships that aren't required for quests and consider deleting them firsts - typically DDs and CLs. I would definitely keep one of each CV(L), BB and probably CA.

You'll find that 100 slots will not be enough though. This event gave me nearly 10 new ships and I just had to buy a slot to keep them all.

I have so many DDs, and the ones I have are all useless for my modernization. I've kept it hovering around 90/100 for awhile now, but I definitely have to go through the required list and sack a few.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have so many DDs, and the ones I have are all useless for my modernization. I've kept it hovering around 90/100 for awhile now, but I definitely have to go through the required list and sack a few.
Yeah, so far there are about 10-12 DD that are required, but most of them are commons that you can probably grind for again if you need them. I would also keep any rarer ships just because you never know when you'll get another one.

Josephl64

Yeah, so far there are about 10-12 DD that are required, but most of them are commons that you can probably grind for again if you need them. I would also keep any rarer ships just because you never know when you'll get another one.

Right that's kind of what I plan on doing. I have been throwing away duplicates of rares though like I had 3 extra Akagi. Would never throw away a Zuihou though...not like I ever gotten her :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Right that's kind of what I plan on doing. I have been throwing away duplicates of rares though like I had 3 extra Akagi. Would never throw away a Zuihou though...not like I ever gotten her :/
I have an extra Kaga that I sort of want to level, but I know I probably never well since there are so many other ships to level first.

Josephl64

I have an extra Kaga that I sort of want to level, but I know I probably never well since there are so many other ships to level first.

I love Akagi, but I realized way too fast that she consumes way too much bauxite for me to take care of a second and like you said, there are others out there that also need a little love

Josephl64

E-1 boss node is probably your best shot for now. I have gotten like at least 4 of her while trying for a Oh! Yo do!

yeah my destroyers and cruisers are pitifully weak like around level 10 so I'm grinding hard in order to try to be able to get her from the boss node if i remember right

Draxal

1st clean kill of easy e6 and a Roma drops.

I'm just glad that's out of the way as there is no way I can farm that map.

Draxal

I can't get Roma at all. And now I can't even get to the damn boss. I'm in pure salt mode now.

Did you lock yourself on easy? I heard she's farmable on another node if medium and hard.

I just want to clear the event now, and that last stage requires me to bring so many battleships and a support fleet that it just absorbs all my resources.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did you lock yourself on easy? I heard she's farmable on another node if medium and hard.

I just want to clear the event now, and that last stage requires me to bring so many battleships and a support fleet that it just absorbs all my resources.
No, I completed on hard actually. I've been farming for Roma for two days now. :/

Draxal

No, I completed on hard actually. I've been farming for Roma for two days now. :/

Are you going for the other boss drops? It seems like going for the other farmable node and stopping there is much much safer as you don't have to deal with that crazy aircraft carrier princess.

edit. Just got my fourth sub today from e3 boss doing transport dailies. Today's been far my luckiest day event wise as I also got Amatsukaze from farming e1. Just going to gradually chip away at the final boss and this event will be a smashing success for me.

StayDead

Thanks to this event I've now got a decently levelled fleet of Kongou, Hiei, Zuikaku, Jyunyou, Akagi, Kaga, Hibiki, Ikazuchi, Kumano, Suzuya, Sendai and Ooi/KTKM. I'm now up to E-5 after having trouble with killing the E-4 boss so I'm hoping to finish the event before it ends.

I finished E1/E2 on Medium but went down to Easy for E3 since my girls are not levelled enough still to deal with fleet lock.

Azusa

I'm stuck at E-5 easy. It seems one of my ship is always red on the boss node and I cant go to the night battle to finish her off.

Draxal

I'm stuck at E-5 easy. It seems one of my ship is always red on the boss node and I cant go to the night battle to finish her off.

Go with Suzuya/Kumano or Mogami/Mikuma or Choukai/Ryujou/Yura (for the last three I think has to be Ryujou and one of the other two).

Bring a higher level sub with a repair team, along with the above mentioned two. I haven't done the map in a couple of days so my memory is a bit faulty, but there should be only three nodes, and the sub will tank the night battle one (it usually got hit to red there for me, but that's what the repair team is for) and the final node. The repair team is just in case it's sunk on the final battle (it never got to that point for me, even though the night battle always brought it to red).

You can also go to night battle if a ship got to red in that battle, the ship in red is still unsinkable. The only time a red ship is in danger of sinking is if you advance from one node to the next one.

Azusa

You can also go to night battle if your fleet is in red, the ship is red is still unsinkable. The only time a ship will sink if you advance from one node to the next one.

Oh, I thought that if I continue to the night battle my red ship could be lost. Good to know.

I don't have a problem to get to the boss node almost undamaged. My fleet is 3 FFB, CAV, CA and CV.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are you going for the other boss drops? It seems like going for the other farmable node and stopping there is much much safer as you don't have to deal with that crazy aircraft carrier princess.

edit. Just got my fourth sub today from e3 boss doing transport dailies. Today's been far my luckiest day event wise as I also got Amatsukaze from farming e1. Just going to gradually chip away at the final boss and this event will be a smashing success for me.
I was going to go for U511, but this Roma sink is terrible. I'm sure I've done it over 100 times now. My Unryuu went from level 1 to 42 and still no Roma.

Top Bottom