• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luscious LeftFoot said:
I suppose I'll have avoid all leaked tracks like I did for MBDTF. Shit ain't easy.
Yeah, add me to this list too. I did it for Cudi's album and aside from G.O.O.D. Fridays, I did it for Kanye's album too.

We can do it. :D

Epcott

I still <3 The Joy more than most on Ye's album (though the album was great). It has that classic, slow smooth American Gangsta, Reasonable Doubt-ish bluesy vibe to it. On the flipside, That's My Bitch was good, but mainly for the beat (Q-Tip did well), and Jay's return to fast flow (which I haven't heard in a while... I thought he was getting lazy).

But I wonder if they'll rework that Dead Presidents 3, or just leave it out all together (most of it's rehash anyways).

Jangocube

Banned
Kanye West dick riders are in this thread in full force :lol

Sorta interested, will wait to see how much Kanye is on it. Dude needs to stick to just producing.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You know what it is(I'm back to make my one post and will probably be ghost for a month or so lol)

Jangocube said:

Sorta interested, will wait to see how much Kanye is on it. Dude needs to stick to just producing.
kanyecry.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ken Masters said:
It will be a great album but I can sum up every song , "I'm rich and awesome, envy me"

Yeah, when you're talking about how many pairs of Giuseppe shoes you've bought this week, you've definitely lost touch with the common man.

But still. All of the Lights is my shit.

Ashhong

Jangocube said:

:lol the fuck is this

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Jangocube said:

Kanye West dick riders in a thread for an upcoming Kanye West album?

I AM SO SURPRISED.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jangocube said:

Way to get pissed off when there's no actual dick riding going on. Or did you just come in here to troll and hate on Kanye?

Makes more sense.

captmcblack said:
It has Ye and Jay in it.

I'm ready.

Jay still lost, though. Forever.
Agreed. Though he's not the one who's catching so many L's nowadays :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mellowyellowod said:
I hope there's a Nas feature on this album to make for the Empire State of Mind remix that was never released
Just fucking imagine...
Dead Presidents III - Jay, Nas, Ye and Cole.

I don't want them to turn Dead Presidents into a posse cut, but if Cole and Nas got on the same song, and brought their A Game, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, this is the best opportunity for such. I'd love to see a Swagger Like Us situation going on, where whoever had the weakest verse would just go back in the booth and make it better till the song is perfect. Well.. T.I. did that anyways in SLU.

Swag

enzo_gt said:
Just fucking imagine...

I don't want them to turn Dead Presidents into a posse cut, but if Cole and Nas got on the same song, and brought their A Game, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, this is the best opportunity for such. I'd love to see a Swagger Like Us situation going on, where whoever had the weakest verse would just go back in the booth and make it better till the song is perfect. Well.. T.I. did that anyways in SLU.

Not in this lifetime or the next, It just makes too much sense.

March 1st is far away :(

enzo_gt said:
Just fucking imagine...

Jay won't allow cole and Nas on a track, he doesn't want to get murdered on his own shit, again

enzo_gt said:
Just fucking imagine...

I don't want them to turn Dead Presidents into a posse cut, but if Cole and Nas got on the same song, and brought their A Game, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, this is the best opportunity for such.
I'd love to see a Swagger Like Us situation going on, where whoever had the weakest verse would just go back in the booth and make it better till the song is perfect. Well.. T.I. did that anyways in SLU.

i think i just contracted the diabetes

Ken Masters said:
Jay won't allow cole and Nas on a track, he doesn't want to get murdered on his own shit, again

This.

Jay will never allow himself to be in a position where he'd get murked - whether it's on a feature, or in a "battle". That shit is over. He's not only too rich now, but he still can't get over Ether and Renegade. People still clown him for those. :lol

Ephemeris

captmcblack said:
This.

Jay will never allow himself to be in a position where he'd get murked - whether it's on a feature, or in a "battle". That shit is over. He's not only too rich now, but he still can't get over Ether and Renegade. People still clown him for those. :lol

I like Jay, but sometimes I get a lil tired of his "I'm the best rapper alive, you must believe me!!" shtick. With that said, I'm definitely on board with this album.

Oh a song with Ye, Jay and Nasir would be the track of the forever.

My one great hope for rap music is that Nas is forced into a situation where he has to rap over uniformly great production - whether that's one producer (Primo? Pete Rock? Kanye?) or multiple producers. If it's multiple producers, none of those producers can be Swizz Beatz, Neptunes, Cool and Dre, or anyone who produces average radio dreck...y'all know who those guys are.

But yeah, one album. 13 tracks. Uniformly perfect production for street poetry, tailored specifically to Nas. Just one time, before I die.

...okay, now we can get back to Watch the Throne.

Premier and Pete Rock have basically begged Nas to do sessions with them. I had hoped his financial troubles would convince him to make good music but I kinda get the feeling he'll try to sell out again, with Drake features and shit. : /

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ken Masters said:
Well he made a mistake putting Cole on A Star Is Born.

But your completely right. We all want Renegade round 2, and even Jay admitted recently that.. well he lost on that track. Bad.

PhoenixDark said:
Premier and Pete Rock have basically begged Nas to do sessions with them. I had hoped his financial troubles would convince him to make good music but I kinda get the feeling he'll try to sell out again, with Drake features and shit. : /

Goddammit.
I wish Pete Rock would do it for Nas for free. Nas and Pete Rock were created for each other, stylistically speaking.

captmcblack said:
My one great hope for rap music is that Nas is forced into a situation where he has to rap over uniformly great production - whether that's one producer (Primo? Pete Rock? Kanye?) or multiple producers. If it's multiple producers, none of those producers can be Swizz Beatz, Neptunes, Cool and Dre, or anyone who produces average radio dreck...y'all know who those guys are.

But yeah, one album. 13 tracks. Uniformly perfect production for street poetry, tailored specifically to Nas. Just one time, before I die.

...okay, now we can get back to Watch the Throne.

Nas did say that both Kanye and RZA called him and said they wanted to do his whole next album..hopefully Nas goes against his better judgement and makes a good decision to let someone else have some control and force his album to be consistently great.

captmcblack said:
This.

Jay sounded pretty good on Black Republican, although he definitely was overshadowed on that song by Nas's bravado. In interviews he sounds like he thinks Nas and Eminem are the two best modern rappers, and he's right to be weary. But he def has the potential to keep up with them for just one track, if not much more than that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mattlikewhoa said:
And I thought I could hold out for the album :lol that lasted till I read that it's going to be leaked:lol
Every album gets leaked. Usually 1-2 weeks before release. Most people are talking about single unfinished slash cocktease track leaks from Kanye's MBDTF that we got, that ruined some of the surprises that the album came out with, since we all heard 3 versions of every song by then.

Not sure if I can control myself and keep myself away from leaks this time.

Imm0rt4l

enzo_gt said:
http://i.imgur.com/6beUJ.jpg[IMG]

[I]I paid for those titties, get your own / It ain't safe in the city, Watch The Throne[/I]

The collabo album from Kanye West and Jay-Z, following in the footsteps of Best of Both Worlds and Collision Course. Coming this year. Get HYPE.

Why you should care:
[LIST][*]Great tracks like [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGW-tWaUXXs"]So Appalled[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ona42jz8w0k"]Monster[/URL], [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miqDUUfmkRY"]Power Remix[/URL] and [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngDSSVOZObw"]The Joy[/URL] were initially meant to be on the Album before Kanye yanked em (The Joy still is in, according to Pete Rock)
[*]Great songs (song?) have leaked so far, such as [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FrmK8qQBuQ"]That's My Bitch[/URL]
[*]“It’s like one of those Blueprint, College Dropout, change-the-face-of-music type good.” - Jay-Z
[*]Jay-Z and Kanye are doing a collaboration album [I]goddamnit what more do you want[/I][/LIST]

What we know:
[LIST]
[*]They've already recorded enough tracks to complete the album, in England and Australia (Part of the recording done in Peter Gabriel's studio. Pictured below.
[*]There's supposed to be a wide host of producers
[*]It is a full length, retail album
[*]Rumour has it, that it has a “self-empowerment, black-male-empowerment vibe.”
[B][*]Every time you mention the Illuminati in this thread, someone who looks like a camel dies.[/B][/LIST]

[URL="http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/2011/01/kanye-west-jay-zs-watch-the-throne-coming-march-1st.html"]First single set to drop January 11th, or as early as this Friday, entitled H.A.M.[/URL], [URL="http://vimeo.com/18353951"]verified by Kanye, a week ago.[/URL]

[B][URL="http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/2011/01/kanye-west-jay-zs-watch-the-throne-coming-march-1st.html"]Tentative Release Date: March 1st[/URL][/B]

[IMG]http://cdn.nahright.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Peter-Gabriels-studio-in-Bath.png[IMG]

If I'm missing something, let me know.[/QUOTE]

And with that OP, you just killed Jay-Z.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is there any word on who's mastering this album? I know Vlado Meller mastered MBDT and that was fucking atrocious...So I hope someone in Ye's camp brought this up at some point and they got someone new for when the album is done done.

Epcott

I always wanted a Jay and Naz collabo albo, with beats from 9th Wonder, Dangermouse, Premier, Pete Rock, RZA (more of his NYC Everything, The Monument, Childsplay, style beats), Dilla, Madlib, Kanye and others.

Guess I'll have to settle for this :D

jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom