• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ken Masters said:
who said anything about you having to bust a nut about them making an album together?

pretty much you; when you tried to call someone out for not being on super hype but still wanting to talk about what was going on..

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
All of the Lights is basically the only track I play from MBDTF. It's a great hype track. It's full of lyrical nonsense (but so is the entire album) but it gets me pumped up.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The funny thing is this album gets the least burn in the clubs... Not just from me from most DJs.. if I hear anything it is mostly Monster..

Of course most of the stuff I like doesn't get burn in the clubs but it is really odd for West to have an album without ANY burn..

Heartless was played to death and 3 or 4 songs from Graduation was played out.. but it has been real silent on the DJ front with his last album..

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MWS Natural said:
kanye-west-2.jpg

damn I love that blazer.

also, hyped +1

Imm0rt4l

Honestly I find Jay-Z to be pretty boring. So it's pretty understandable that he would make an album with Kanye, in a way riding on his coat tails. Don't get me wrong Jay is nice(though boring), but nice doesn't sell records and I subscribe to the belief that he buys a shit load of his own albums first week of sales. He doesn't have the mass appeal that Ye has.

I love Reasonable Doubt btw.

MWS Natural said:

holy shit, he looks so fresh. I will emulate this style to the best of my ability.

Add me to the I think Jay is boring club. I was always more of a Nas fan...

But before you destroy me, Reasonable Doubt and The Black Album are great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The M.O.B said:
http://i.imgur.com/Qngj7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Fuck, it's supposed to be produced by Lex Luger. Slated to drop 1.11.11, but will probably leak earlier. Here's the link to the tweet:
[url]http://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/23240555156742145[/url]

OP updated accordingly.

PBY

Banned
So whats the deal with the tweets (the earlier ones that said it was gonna leak soon)? Is is gonna fucking drop or not? Bleh, I fucking hate being teased like this

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
So whats the deal with the tweets (the earlier ones that said it was gonna leak soon)? Is is gonna fucking drop or not? Bleh, I fucking hate being teased like this
Kanye's tweet, the one I linked to, said 1.11.11. Everyone else is just hyping it more unless they put up and leak the shit. I have a feeling it won't leak though, and Kanye will put it up himself on his website when he's ready (Tuesday/1.11.11)

YoungHav

Banned
Jay-Z's American Gangster runs circles around MBDTF. Hov went in on American Dreamin'. Kanye can't paint a visual picture like that nor can he write as intricate as that song (even with Consequence or Rhymefest writing for him).

Ashhong

YoungHav said:
Jay-Z's American Gangster runs circles around MBDTF. Hov went in on American Dreamin'. Kanye can't paint a visual picture like that nor can he write as intricate as that song (without Consequence or Rhymefest writing for him).

While this is also incorrect, you said BP3. BP3 =/= American Gangster. College Dropout shits on AG 5 times a day and doesn't bother flushing.

YoungHav

Banned
LOL Kanye can't drop a decent album without 90 guest appearances. Hov held down American Gangster by himself with the exception of two tracks.

Kanye couldn't write verses like Say Hello if his life depended on it.

even though I prefer Kanye to Jay, I will cosign that American Gangster is better than MBDTF. It's probably my 2nd favorite Jay album, after Blueprint.

Ashhong

Byakuya769 said:
Not necessarily, his Jay-Z hatred tops all.

Hm, did not know this :lol

YoungHav said:
LOL Kanye can't drop a decent album without 90 guest appearances. Hov held down American Gangster by himself with the exception of two tracks.

I didn't realize that writing was the only aspect to a song/album.

YoungHav

Banned
:lol Imagine Kanye trying to hang with Jay and Nas on Success? Hahahahaha.

Ninja Scooter said:
even though I prefer Kanye to Jay, I will cosign that American Gangster is better than MBDTF. It's probably my 2nd favorite Jay album, after Blueprint.
Thank You!

YoungHav said:

"Look at BP3 guest appearances"

*sighs*

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
YoungHav said:

graduation was awesome. IMO, then again you opinion is kinda shit.

also if you hate kanye so much stop listening to him, no ones forcing you. unless your a hypocrite, then by all means gtfo

Man, whatever. I haven't touched MBDTF since November. I can't believe I got caught in the hype with them big ass threads.

The album cover was fancy as fuck though.

Equus Bellator Apex

YoungHav said:
you Jay-Z haters are lame. BP3 is better than MBDTF.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

and I'm back

Dreams-Visions said:
what the fuck are you touchin then?

Hip Hop wise I'm bumping Nineteen Ninety Now and Niggaz With Latitude. Got Pilot Talk II as well but I wasn't really feeling it too much.

I played the shit out of the leak (MBDTF), then when I got the album I listened to it maybe 3 or 4 times. I was pretty worn out by that point. On a Conway hiatus atm.

Esch

Banned
coincidentally, kanye was putting out better albums when he wasn't featuring 90 artists

PhoenixDark said:
American Gangster is average as fuck imo

and this

and this is all coming from a dude that loves jigga and hates a lot of what ye does and stands for

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Discotheque said:
What's your point though? At their primes Jay Z is still better.
What point is anyone making in this thread ATM?

YoungHav already went back on his own statement, saying Ye can't hold his shit together without features, which are Jay-Z's crutch nowadays, as evidenced by BP3. And he said BP3 > MBDTF. Hypocrisy detected. So, we get it dude, you like Jay-Z better than Ye. Don't have to go rationalize some sort of hate for Ye to justify Jay-Z's superiority in your opinion.

Hell, if you ask me, as far as making MUSIC goes, Kanye surpassed Jigga a long time ago. Believe me, Jay's my dude, but its hard to get excited over much he puts out anymore. All of my favourite songs of his from the past few years have all been with the assistance of a feature or so. Not that that bothers me, I just don't remember the last time I thought "A NEW JAY-Z ALBUM IS COMING OUT? HOLY SHIT AMAZING."

But yeah, YoungHav, how do you feel about Kanye today murking Jay on Monster, So Appalled, Power Remix, etc.? By your own logic, Jay doesn't deserve to hang with Ye on any of the tracks they shared this year.

Yeah he's been on a decline for sure but all I'm saying is people shouldn't be dismissing him so easily. He actually put out some entertaining stuff on the Kanye album.

and wtf. So Appalled was definitely not Kanye's over Jay. That's for sure. I'd probably give him Monster though...I guess. None of the verses on there were any good. Just the delivery that was entertaining.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Blackace said:
I just like Heartless which by default means I liked 808 better because there isn't a song I like on MBDaTF
MBDTF really is overrated on GAF. I'm not saying that for attention I'm just saying that cause I think too many Gaffers like Kanye the troll versus Kanye the rapper and their opinions are clouded.

Ashhong

Plywood said:
MBDTF really is overrated on GAF. I'm not saying that for attention I'm just saying that cause I think too many Gaffers like Kanye the troll versus Kanye the rapper and their opinions are clouded.

This makes no sense. How does liking Kanye the Troll make us like MBDTF?

Yeah I can't put Ye over Jay on So Appalled but that's fine because Ye has handed Jay his ass on everything else including his shit from BP3.

I mean really Jay's Run This Town lyrics were complete and utter garbage. Then again I thought BP3 was a garbage album. I said it once and I'll say it again, Jay is too busy trying to bite Kanye's style to be himself anymore. It's good and bad, it's good because he no longer looks dumb with half the shit he wears, it's bad because you can clearly tell his "swag" is from Ye, copy pasted.

This is coming from a person who bumps Black Album, BP1, Vol 2 & 3 on a damn near daily basis.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Plywood said:
I like Kanye the rapper, and I like Kanye the producer even more. Is it overrating if I prefer Kanyes production over everything else this year? Nah, that's just preference.

A lot of GAF loving MBDTF doesn't make it overrated. A lot of people simply like it, instead of love and there nothing wrong with that either.

Kusagari

Plywood said:

MBDTF has been universally praised everywhere. Don't try to brand it as some GAF phenomenon.

enzo_gt said:
I like Kanye the rapper, and I like Kanye the producer even more. Is it overrating if I prefer Kanyes production over everything else this year? Nah, that's just preference.

A lot of GAF loving MBDTF doesn't make it overrated. A lot of people simply like it, instead of love and there nothing wrong with that either.

Agreed, always loved Kanye's production. One of my favorite beats was Papa Was A Playa on Nas' Lost Tapes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ashhong said:
This makes no sense. How does liking Kanye the Troll make us like MBDTF?
Runaway is a troll song.
enzo_gt said:

Kusagari said:
MBDTF has been universally praised everywhere. Don't try to brand it as some GAF phenomenon.
Fair enough, I do like the album but I do think people are praising it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom