• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

Equus Bellator Apex said:
what the hell is going on in this picture :lol :lol :lol :lol

ye-monst-3.jpg

She didn't give him enough love.

roosters93 said:
Listening to MBDTF for the fifth time right now. It's growing on me, I'd probably give it a 6-7/10
let us know what you think when you get to listen #12.

be sure to reference Rap Genius for the lyrics.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
enzo_gt said:
Man I want this Monster video to drop asap.

Yeah but it causes her to do stupid shit like rap and sing.

:lol :lol Bravo good sir, may your truth shine bright and strong.

As I have said before, I hope someone hits Nicki Minaj in the face with a brick.

Tokubetsu

CrushDance said:
His flow is completely off at times and the "Love" well, you guys already discussed that. :lol

Finally! Someone else who agrees with me. His verse is on Monster is fucking terrible.

YoungHav

Banned
Kanye's best performance "from this album" is on The Joy and unfortunately it's not on the album.

Warning it might be too urban for some.

"no electro, no metro, a little retro ahhhh perfecto"

YoungHav said:
Kanye's best performance "from this album" is on The Joy and unfortunately it's not on the album.

Warning it might be too urban for some.

"no electro, no metro, a little retro ahhhh perfecto"
The Joy is going to be on Watch The Throne, according to Pete Rock.

Nabs said:
Week 2: 100k?! The fuck is going on?

Looks like I was right; I predicted 60%, he dropped 80% - that's utterly shocking. Def Jam has been guilty in the past of buying records to boost sales, it's one of the reasons Kanye outsold 50 Cent last time. 100k tells me recent outbursts and re-opening of the Swift wound hurt Kanye again, Def Jam bought some albums, the lack of a hit single hurt the buzz, etc.

They spent a shit ton of money on this album. Obviously with Christmas on the way it will continue to sell, but I wonder what they're thinking right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:
Looks like I was right; I predicted 60%, he dropped 80% - that's utterly shocking. Def Jam has been guilty in the past of buying records to boost sales, it's one of the reasons Kanye outsold 50 Cent last time. 100k tells me recent outbursts and re-opening of the Swift wound hurt Kanye again, Def Jam bought some albums, the lack of a hit single hurt the buzz, etc.

They spent a shit ton of money on this album. Obviously with Christmas on the way it will continue to sell, but I wonder what they're thinking right now.
So it's bad?

I don't think Def Jam has a problem with an album that will undeniably go platinum, maybe two times over, and will rake in a shitload of revenue from the eventual tour. Assuming Def Jam gets a slice.

It looks pretty disturbing...but it's no Evil Boy.

Also Nicki Minaj is like Donkey from Shrek. And in that pose it's not helping matters either.

Ashhong

PhoenixDark said:

gtfo.

Ken Masters said:
No way this album doesn't go double platinum

fixed.
It's going to be this and Michael Jackson's album that sell over Christmas and fill up all the iPods/iPhones that people will get for the holidays this year. There is no competition. Platinum by January, 2x by the middle of 2011. They'll probably re-release this album with the Good Friday tracks and a bonus track or three in 2011, too.

Tucah

you speak so well
Sales of the album are probably slow right now because there's no big single behind it, they'll pick up if (when?) AOTL gets huge.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ken Masters said:
No way this album goes double platinum
In due time its possible. But there's absolutely no denying it will go platinum. And that? Still a success.

And I don't know how influential singles are to creating resurgences in album sales, but imagine you and I not knowing fucking All of the Lights and Lost In The World are on this album, 2 months from now. Ye needs to get on those videos FAST and drop them with short gaps inbetween 'em.

enzo_gt said:
In due time its possible. But there's absolutely no denying it will go platinum. And that? Still a success.

And I don't know how influential singles are to creating resurgences in album sales, but imagine you and I not knowing fucking All of the Lights and Lost In The World are on this album, 2 months from now. Ye needs to get on those videos FAST and drop them with short gaps inbetween 'em.

There are really no radio friendly songs on the album, AOTL is the closest, but even that is a stretch.

I would like this album to sell millions because the quality deserves it, but Kanye isn't struggling from pay check to pay check so I'm not going to lose sleep over it

PBY

Banned
Ken Masters said:
There are really no radio friendly songs on the album, AOTL is the closest, but even that is a stretch.

I would like this album to sell millions because the quality deserves it, but Kanye isn't struggling from pay check to pay check so I'm not going to lose sleep over it
x1000... Compare his singles to something like Stronger- I'd hear Stronger all the time in the clubs, no track on this album will ever get club play

Kusagari

peterb0y said:
x1000... Compare his singles to something like Stronger- I'd hear Stronger all the time in the clubs, no track on this album will ever get club play

I could easily see Lost in the World getting tons of club play.

PBY

Banned
Talon- said:
What clubs do you go to that play one song for longer than 2 minutes, much less the raw original version?
none- All I ever hear is shit like Flo Rida, Taio Cruz, etc etc... Black and Yellow been getting a lot of play lately

Kusagari

peterb0y said:
none- All I ever hear is shit like Flo Rida, Taio Cruz, etc etc... Black and Yellow been getting a lot of play lately

Well the clubs I've been to love playing techno music and I could see Lost in the World fitting right in with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom