• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
It's a mystery, man.

I was about to say it was Cam'Ron with that Tutti Fruity flow.
this sounds like your hating on the Tutti Fruity flow. that Tutti Fruity flow has some sort of weird allure to it.

enzo_gt said:
this sounds like your hating on the Tutti Fruity flow. that Tutti Fruity flow has some sort of weird allure to it.
Nah! Cam'Ron is a lyrical genius. That nursery rhyme swag is ... fucking ridiculous.

DaMan121

Gattsu25 said:
  • He's relying on too many other artists. I see this as a bit of a crutch.
  • There is only ~30 minutes of spoken/rapped dialog in the 75 minute album (and two of those are due to the bullshit Chris Rock skit)
  • The auto-tuned Kanye singing is still balls awful.

On your second point.. really? I didn't even notice.. you know, there is not one moment listening to the thing were I felt.. 'man, there should be more rapping here'. Sorry if you feel ripped-off, but I love listening to Kanye's production just as much as hearing clever rapping by him and co.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DaMan121 said:
On your second point.. really? I didn't even notice.. you know, there is not one moment listening to the thing were I felt.. 'man, there should be more rapping here'. Sorry if you feel ripped-off, but I love listening to Kanye's production just as much as hearing clever rapping by him and co.
That's why that XXL article is most BS shit ever. Never once listening to the album was I like "Hey maybe Kanye should've been here instead of John Legend." It's all about the orchestration, and co-ordination of how the song sounds over whether Ye's getting his bars in or not.

spindashing said:
Nah! Cam'Ron is a lyrical genius. That nursery rhyme swag is ... fucking ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIYD3k-zGxA

This gets me every time :lol

Calcaneus

I finally listened to this a few days ago, thought it was great. Kanye isn't the most talented rapper or the most entertaining, but the guy knows how to put together an album.

Equus Bellator Apex

what the hell is going on in this picture :lol :lol :lol :lol

ye-monst-3.jpg

Tokubetsu said:
I actually laugh out loud everytime i think about Jay's verse on Monster.

I like his Monster verse, but his verse on So Appalled is the 2nd best verse on the album (the 1st being Pusha T's verse on the same song).

Acid08 said:
QUESTION: WHAT DO THESE THINGS ALL HAVE IN COMMON? EVERYBODY KNOWS I'M A MOTHERFUCKIN MONSTER.

So good.
for some reason, I'm still waiting on Jay to mention *his own name* amongst the monsters.

something like,

"JAY-Z, SASQUATCH, GODZILLA, KING KONG, LOCHNESS,
GOBLIN, A ZOMBIE WITH NO CONSCIENCE.
QUESTION: WHAT DO THESE THINGS ALL HAVE IN COMMON?
EVERYBODY KNOWS I'M A MOTHERFUCKIN MONSTER. "

am I the only one?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ken Masters said:
I keep hearing there is going to be another version of the retail album with bonus tracks, when is this supposed to happen?
I pray this doesn't happen and they just get released as G.O.O.D. Friday tracks, as I won't double dip.

Tokubetsu

spindashing said:
GODZILLA, KING KONG, LOCHNESS, GOBLIN, GHOUL, A ZOMBIE WITH NO CONSCIENCE.

3909473449_5331780c9c.jpg

I'm dying over here. I do like his verse on So Appalled though. It's the monster verse that's just awful.

enzo_gt said:
I pray this doesn't happen and they just get released as G.O.O.D. Friday tracks, as I won't double dip.
Q-tip already said mamma's boyfriend was going to be on the next pressing. I think chain heavy, power remix, and see me now also .

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ken Masters said:
Q-tip already said mamma's boyfriend was going to be on the next pressing. I think chain heavy, power remix, and see me now also .
everytime i read this it makes me :(

pakkit

Banned
Jay's verse isn't awful, but if you're married to Beyonce and you're one of the most beloved mainstream rappers, complaining about not getting enough "love" seems silly.

modernkicks said:
yeah did we all agree that so appalled is the best song because it is

I'm with you man, it's my favorite as well. For some reason all of the
white
people at my job that have the album love Monster though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
:lol

Fixed2BeBroken, we still waiting on your verse, homey, wherever you are.
Current Progress here.
FYI your verse is my favourite of the bunch, but I think that's only because of the references to the creepy thread and shit :lol

Seriously though, shout out to everyone on that track. It's great, and I think it deserves its own thread for GAF to see once it's done.

I just did up a verse for that track(At the end). But I haven't done any music in ages, what's the way you guys are mixing this? I'm dlin ACID demo to mix it. Fruityloops isn't working ?_?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MWS Natural said:
:lol "They hate on my KFC but it's finger lickin' good!"
That line is also amazing :lol

Also, I know it's kind of nitpicky but its really weird hearing all the different audio qualities/volumes on the same track. Someone should've taken all the acapellas then applied them to the beat. Also it needs more Kanye "HUH?" ad-libs. :lol

I can't get enough of the version of Power that Kanye is playing on the sampler in the Runaway short film. The Phoenix gyrating/dancing to it is even more dynamite!!

I hope we can hear an extended version of that it in the future. It doesn't even need a verse at all. Just all beat and sampling....uhuhhhgh

spindashing said:
:lol

Fixed2BeBroken, we still waiting on your verse, homey, wherever you are.
Current Progress here.

alright, i gotta write 2 essay things which should take me a hour but after that il reload pro tools and do my part

<edit> it seems im not the only one still has to do his part. the person who dose the really last part gotta do his too

damn, the final one is so quiet

can someone upload the wav of the track with everyone on it, so i can just paste my verse into that instead of dealing with the mp3 causing loss in audio quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom