• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

First half and latter end of newer AOTL (I refuse to acknowledge that Fergie garbage) is a fucking experience, Jesus... Goddamn, Ye.

Similarly, Gorgeous is just fucking dope, period. Kanye rapped his ass off on that.

Now all we're waiting for is Blame Game Ft. John Legend and that's basically the entire album leaked in one way or another.

Bowser

Brinbe said:
First half and latter end of newer AOTL (I refuse to acknowledge that Fergie garbage) is a fucking experience, Jesus... Goddamn, Ye.

Similarly, Gorgeous is just fucking dope, period. Kanye rapped his ass off on that.

Now all we're waiting for is Blame Game Ft. John Legend and that's basically the entire album leaked in one way or another.

Don't forget iTunes bonus tracks! Chain Heavy, Mama's Boyfriend and Pure still to come.

Brinbe

Bowser said:
Don't forget iTunes bonus tracks! Chain Heavy, Mama's Boyfriend and Pure still to come.
Oh right, def forgot about those. Glad we're even getting those, since they were left off the main album.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Sebulon3k said:
Ah I see, I have faith in Kanye, I know he won't disappoint. Heading to the Macy's Day Parade to see AOTL performed live ( I Hope ) With the MJ float / Marching Band.

Kanye's doing the Thanksgiving parade? I have a reason to go and stand in the cold for once?

Ashhong

Brinbe said:
Oh right, def forgot about those. Glad we're even getting those, since they were left off the main album.

And Hell of a Life. We got a leak before but it was pretty poor quality, and I think very very early.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
And Hell of a Life. We got a leak before but it was pretty poor quality, and I think very very early.
Hell of a Life sounds like it's going to be great, pretty much like every single song on this album.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Gorgeous is fucking awful.
the fuck?

Ashhong

Yeezy gonna be streaming LIVE on ustream tomorrow at 1pm PST. I can't wait, I loved his first show. Very candid stuff. Hopefully he talks about the leaks and then even releases AOTL soon after.

Swag

I'm getting mine baby gotta let these n****s know
Get it right eh, you should go and get your own

I tried to tell you but all I could say was
Oooooooh, ooooooooooh

PBY

Banned
The more I think about it... Kanye should push the release up. I mean, we've already heard the entire album pretty much, so my excitement is kinda declining as of now. Also, that release date is stacked

Ashhong

peterb0y said:
The more I think about it... Kanye should push the release up. I mean, we've already heard the entire album pretty much, so my excitement is kinda declining as of now. Also, that release date is stacked

Indeed. I would love to have it next week with J Coles mixtape =D Cudi's coming out next week right? They could do that GOOD Music day again..

Ashhong

dagZ said:
Do i have a different leak than you guys? mine doesnt have any fergie in it, and it sounds amazing.

a new one leaked last night. it has cudi and fergie. does yours have rihanna in the beginning? if not then you have the first leak from a while ago.

yeah this official version feels so overproduced. that first leak with drake just sounded so much more...raw.

and how the hell is fergie in this song but not drake? what a terrible swap. wonder how drake feels about this

and the fuck is cudi even saying? i cant hear half the people in this song, are they all in the hook?

dagZ

Ashhong said:
a new one leaked last night. it has cudi and fergie. does yours have rihanna in the beginning? if not then you have the first leak from a while ago.

yea its got everybody except for fergie and theres no tags?

Oozer3993

Ermac said:
Ye is on ustream right now just fyi

http://www.ustream.tv/kanyewest

He showed off a copy of the album and the cover was printed pixelated :lol

EDIT: He showed off all the covers of the album. The one "banned one," Power cover, Runaway cover, a modified Power cover with no head and just the sword, and the one with Kanye's head with multiple mouths.

Recon

Banned
In feeling the album, with the gold and red, it looks a lot better than i thought it would.

He straight up ignores the cam'ron question lol.

Oozer3993

Dartastic said:
Im in class so I can't ask/watch, but someone ask him about a Weezy Good Friday colab. PLEASE.

It just ended. Most of the questions sucked, but we did learn that Kanye might try to get J. Cole on a G.O.O.D. Friday track.

Ashhong

dagZ said:
yea its got everybody except for fergie and theres no tags?

Please PM me the link :) Someone probably edited out fergie or something

spindashing said:
SON OF A BITCH. AND I JUST NOW GOT HOME TOO. UGH. :lol

It's all recorded. Watching now

edit: Shit, that album cover is tight. Love how the little window allows the different pictures

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oozer3993 said:
It just ended. Most of the questions sucked, but we did learn that Kanye might try to get J. Cole on a G.O.O.D. Friday track.

Holy shit. Holy shit. I'm ECSTATIC about this. If this happens, well shit man. Cole wants to work with Ye, now Ye wants to work with CuDi.

That CD packaging is on some king shit.

Ye said they changed everything, please for the love of god let that Lost In the World drum switch not be true. That shit is turribleeeee. They stressed like 8 times the final tracks are different. Hmm.

Big Sean: It's like a mixture of fergie and jesus man.
Kanye (in the back): And we actually got Fergie and Hov on there! :lol

Oozer3993

The packaging looks fantastic. It looks like a physical copy will really be worth it.

Some who's had inside knowledge in the past said that the album truly sounds different than the leaked tracks and that the recent AOTL leak is NOT the final, mastered version.

Here's another snippet of the alternate version of LITW:

http://usershare.net/rbu2p2jkxhhu

I know most of you will disagree with me, but I think it sounds great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oozer3993 said:
The packaging looks fantastic. It looks like a physical copy will really be worth it.

Some who's had inside knowledge in the past said that the album truly sounds different than the leaked tracks and that the recent AOTL leak is NOT the final, mastered version.

Here's another snippet of the alternate version of LITW:

http://usershare.net/rbu2p2jkxhhu

I know most of you will disagree with me, but I think it sounds great.
I think Oozer here is the leaker, he knows too much :lol

Link isn't working for me, though, wont load the stream or download. Is it the same drum pattern as the other link?

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
Big Sean: It's like a mixture of fergie and jesus man.
Kanye (in the back): And we actually got Fergie and Hov on there! :lol

Did he say Hov?? LOL dudes a fucking comedian :lol :lol

edit: he did :lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That response about J.Cole sounded more like a, "um..so not to sound like an asshole, lemme say something quick" response, instead of actually being genuine.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oldschoolgamer said:
That response about J.Cole sounded more like a, "um..so not to sound like an asshole, lemme say something quick" response, instead of actually being genuine.
More like, I'm too busy as shit right now with promotions, we'll see what happens.

If Ye can call out Lloyd Banks and Nicki Minaj for doing great things in rap and put em on tracks, I'd be shocked if J. Cole isn't even on his radar. Just the fact that Cole ripped A Star Is Born, a Ye beat, should have been enough to catch Ye's eye IMO.

Still amazes me they haven't even met yet. Ye to the new school is like Wu Tang to the artists of yesteryear.

Ashhong

How do you know Ye and Cole haven't met? I find that hard to believe considering Cole's close relationship with Jay Z...thats just weird. Wasn't Cole at that special MSG concert that Jay threw? Kanye was there too iirc..

Ashhong

Bowser said:
Not much, someone asked him when he was gonna work with J. Cole and he was like "uh, not positive on J. Cole...maybe throw him on a G.O.O.D. Friday track down the road" but he didn't sound that serious.

Stream: http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/11/04/kanye-west-live-on-ustream-live-stream/

BTW, the album packaging looks BOSS.

Dont know why he wouldnt be seriously looking into just putting Cole on a beat. How hard could it be?! DO IT YE

Bowser

yencid said:
Packaging looks boss but dont like the covers. Using olive oyl confirmed.

God that's my least favorite cover. Really hate it, I think it looks so stupid. I'll probably be using the Kanye heads cover.

Ashhong

Bowser said:
God that's my least favorite cover. Really hate it, I think it looks so stupid. I'll probably be using the Kanye heads cover.

Im not sure if you realize hes talking about his custom Olive cover that he made, or if you are talking about the Runaway cover? The Olive cover is hilarious and I wouldn't mind a HQ version of that to use haha.

I like the Power cover without the head. Oh well, doesn't matter. As soon as I rip it its going on my shelf.

Anybody know of any deals or stuff? I want to preorder the deluxe on Amazon but dont know if there will be different versions and all that. i guess I would know if there were...

Bowser

Ashhong said:
Im not sure if you realize hes talking about his custom Olive cover that he made, or if you are talking about the Runaway cover? The Olive cover is hilarious and I wouldn't mind a HQ version of that to use haha.

I like the Power cover without the head. Oh well, doesn't matter. As soon as I rip it its going on my shelf.

Anybody know of any deals or stuff? I want to preorder the deluxe on Amazon but dont know if there will be different versions and all that. i guess I would know if there were...

Oh, I didn't know that :lol Yeah, I was talking about the Runaway cover. What's this Olive cover?

Does the deluxe just have anything other than runaway added?

Watching the ustream video right now and lmao at his explanation of the movie :lol

Ashhong

Bowser said:
Oh, I didn't know that :lol Yeah, I was talking about the Runaway cover. What's this Olive cover?

yencid photoshopped Olive the cartoon character and blogs/forums picked it up and thought it was a real cover :lol

34edd0k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom