• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
I know AOTL is gonna have to be a radio track.. but when the feature list came out, did anyone expect the final version of AOTL to be like 7 minutes long? I did, for better or worse
I expected a 10 minute "ghetto as fuck" mix, with less people lost in the harmony. Suffice to say, that CuDi part may not be as bad as we think, after a few listens now, Fergie is worse of an issue. I'll wait for the final before pressing final judgement.

In the mean time, fuck this I have a midterm tomorrow what the fuck am I doing on GAF.
Catch up with YeezyGAF tomorrow.

peterb0y said:
not sure, this thread is fully of stans though, pretty sure all of us gonna buy it day one if that makes a difference

It's just funny this thread has been given the (unspoken) good grace by the mods to post illegal tracks. Have never seen that this forum.

Ashhong

Expendable. said:
It's just funny this thread has been given the (unspoken) good grace by the mods to post illegal tracks. Have never seen that this forum.

Music leaks are posted in every hip hop thread..not just this one. Look at the Hip Hop thread.

I love the first half of AOTL, even Cudi's part since I like the little shift. Fergie's part is a POS thought, and the song just kind of goes downhill from there. It's ok, I can just cut off that last half :lol

Ashhong

spindashing said:
Not going to listen to it. Nope. Not gonna do it. Nov. 22, here I come.

DO IT FOOL. Nobody is going to care about your opinion 2-3 weeks after the leak :p How will you join the conversation?

Also the way these tracks are titled as just 02 or 10 make me think the missing songs will be out shortly. I want a full Dark Fantasy please.

It's fine until the second half after Cudi...if Cudi would'v e had just sounded normal and the song end s with the epic outro it would be fine...so basically...Fuck Fergie.

Ashhong said:
What? I was just pointing out that your post was incorrect.

You are saying posting illegal links to music is rampant in the hip-hop threads with no mod complaints, inferring that doesn't happen in other music threads.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Expendable. said:
Agreed, but besides the two tracks you posted, there are no illegal tracks posted in this thread. Check yourself. And at the same time, check the GAF-Hop thread. Leaks posted everywhere. Why? Because leak has lost it's meaning and the industry puts half of these songs out there themselves to generate buzz or what have you. Its what hip-hop built itself upon, and what artists strive off of, getting their music out there as swiftly as possible.

Needless to say, links removed because they are album tracks. If you can post on GAF, its not that hard to do a 2 second Google search anyways cause these songs are spreading like wildfire.

Phloxy

Don't know, you mention videogame piracy and its a crime against humanity. But posting links for music piracy is perfectly fine. Pretty dumb.

Ashhong

Expendable. said:
You are saying posting illegal links to music is rampant in the hip-hop threads with no mod complaints, inferring that doesn't happen in other music threads.

I dont go in any other music threads. You on the other hand, are saying that illegal links are not posted in any other thread other than this one.

Gorgeous is indeed awesome. Love the changeup when Raekwon comes out.

Edit: As enzo said though, it's also hard to really say what qualifies as a leak vs illegal or what have you.

Ashhong

dvdjamm said:
http://www.billboard.com/news/taylo...llion-in-record-1004125158.story?tag=hpflash1

I don't think Kanye will get a million his 1st week,but who knows?

Nigh impossible really.

People are speculating that this AOTL version is pretty different from the final. I can only hope so. To highlight Fergie just seems weird with that big ass feature list he has. He said everyone recorded verses and things and he just cut it up to feel seamless. I have faith this is just the version that the original Fergie snippet originated from, and the final is completely different.

Sebulon3k said:
Where are people getting this AOTL link? I see NOTHING in Enzo's post

:lol he took it down after complaints. Google thisis50 all of the lights

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sebulon3k said:
Where are people getting this AOTL link? I see NOTHING in Enzo's post
I edited it out. Google All of the lights, sort to show latest, merry christmas.

It's also showing up on main rap blogs too, like Nah Right and whatnot.

As for a mill in a week, that'd be REALLY nice, and I will help make it so but if Recovery did 700K+ I feel Ye deserves to do around the same amount too. It's already album of the year for me, anyways.

Stealthedit: I feel like this is the final AOTL. Not much more Ye can do now after he's turned it in to Def Jam, right?

Ashhong said:
DO IT FOOL. Nobody is going to care about your opinion 2-3 weeks after the leak :p How will you join the conversation?

Also the way these tracks are titled as just 02 or 10 make me think the missing songs will be out shortly. I want a full Dark Fantasy please.

LOOK, I'm testing myself. General consensus around here is that the unfinished ver to All of the Lights sucks, so that's something keeping me away too. I can do it. :lol Next week will keep me busy musically with Cudi's album and J. Cole's mixtape. I'll be good. :D

And, I agree with the music piracy problems too. It's weird around here. Really weird. I see it like this -- I, myself, don't promote leaks/music links of the sort all too much, but when the album is out I will not provide links or support any links for the album. Buy the damn music. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
LOOK, I'm testing myself. General consensus around here is that the unfinished ver to All of the Lights sucks, so that's something keeping me away too. I can do it. :lol Next week will keep me busy musically with Cudi's album and J. Cole's mixtape. I'll be good. :D

And, I agree with the music piracy problems too. It's weird around here. Really weird. I see it like this -- I, myself, don't promote leaks/music links of the sort all too much, but when the album is out I will not provide links or support any links for the album. Buy the damn music. :lol
That's why I took the links down, because unlike singles, or stuff Ashhong ripped from Runaway, this is technically album material, and I don't want to upset mods even though the stannery has reached critical levels in this thread. :lol

But its not a big deal, its already everywhere on the internet, and like I said, hip-hop has built itself upon this. I blame you if you can't find a stream.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
I edited it out. Google All of the lights, sort to show latest, merry christmas.

It's also showing up on main rap blogs too, like Nah Right and whatnot.

As for a mill in a week, that'd be REALLY nice, and I will help make it so but if Recovery did 700K+ I feel Ye deserves to do around the same amount too. It's already album of the year for me, anyways.

Stealthedit: I feel like this is the final AOTL. Not much more Ye can do now after he's turned it in to Def Jam, right?

What makes you think this is from his pressed CD though? Could be one of the earlier versions someone found

enzo_gt said:
That's why I took the links down, because unlike singles, or stuff Ashhong ripped from Runaway, this is technically album material, and I don't want to upset mods even though the stannery has reached critical levels in this thread. :lol

But its not a big deal, its already everywhere on the internet, and like I said, hip-hop has built itself upon this. I blame you if you can't find a stream.

Haha what about Lost in the World and All of the Lights when those first leaked? Noone was complaining then! :lol

edit: if this is the final feature list..we seem to be missing a few

5. All of the Lights ft. Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Elton John, Fergie, John Legend, The-Dream, Tony Williams, Kid Cudi, Charlie Wilson, Ryan Leslie & La Roux’s Elly Jackson

I MAYBE hear most of them just harmonizing in the end (what a waste) but where is Elly Jackson?

Well, as far as I know on GAF, music download codes aren't fully enforced. I guess it's after the album is released when it's pretty much serious business, which is the case in a lot of places online if you haven't noticed already.

You could put those links back, enzo. Ashhong is right, there were no qualms with the other leaks before this.

I hope AOTL is unfinished, from the reactions some of you had. :lol

Swag

Seriously wtf at the end of AOTL, that Fergie part is so shit.

Even my roomate turned around to me and was like "WTF That song was sounding so amazing, why is Fergie on it"

PBY

Banned
spindashing said:
Well, as far as I know on GAF, music download codes aren't fully enforced. I guess it's after the album is released when it's pretty much serious business, which is the case in a lot of places online if you haven't noticed already.

You could put those links back, enzo. Ashhong is right, there were no qualms with the other leaks before this.

I hope AOTL is unfinished, from the reactions some of you had. :lol
you know you wanna listen:D
soundscream said:
You guys are all melodramatic. Songs still good not some audio abortion like some of you guys are carrying on.
Maybe not, but I think it sucks

Ashhong

soundscream said:
You guys are all melodramatic. Songs still good not some audio abortion like some of you guys are carrying on.

Well as soon as Fergie comes on its a major dip in quality, but it goes back up pretty quickly imo.

Gorgeous though is quickly climbing my iTunes play count rank.

Oozer3993

I REALLY hope there's a radio edit of AOTL where everything with Fergie and Cudi is cut out. The song just falls apart when they come on.

I'm not so sure these are from the final version of the album. I don't think the final album has gotten into that many hands. These could still be extremely close to the final versions though.

spindashing said:

Is Villematic for sure coming out next week? Cause that would be awesome. His album still has a chance of coming out this year too.

Ashhong

Oozer3993 said:
Is Villematic for sure coming out next week? Cause that would be awesome. His album still has a chance of coming out this year too.

J Cole's new mixtape is called Friday Night Lights and its coming out the 12th, FOR SURE. Unless of course he delays it :lol

peterb0y said:
you know you wanna listen:D

I hate you. I'm doing a good job keeping away. I can do it. I CAN DO IT. :lol

Oozer3993 said:

The mixtape title isn't Villematic as it was rumored to be long ago but it's called Friday Night Lights, and it is seriously going to be released next week (on the 12th to be exact) according to his twitter. As far as his album coming out this year, I would not count on it. I'm betting during the first half of next year, though.

Jay-Z would be too smart to let Cole's album come out this month due to Kanye about to tear things up. December, not likely either if you think about it. Too soon without any release date set out. So, yeah, next year. :D

Edit: Beat. By a fellow Kanye fan, so it's all good. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oozer3993 said:
I REALLY hope there's a radio edit of AOTL where everything with Fergie and Cudi is cut out. The song just falls apart when they come on.

I'm not so sure these are from the final version of the album. I don't think the final album has gotten into that many hands. These could still be extremely close to the final versions though.

Not Villematic, but Friday Night Lights mixtape, its gonna be awesome :D
EDIT: Goddamnit, beaten twice over :lol

Ashhong said:
What makes you think this is from his pressed CD though? Could be one of the earlier versions someone found

Haha what about Lost in the World and All of the Lights when those first leaked? Noone was complaining then!
Then again.. this could be where the Fergie leak/snippet came from initially. You bring up a good point, it may not be from the final at all. I'll wait for Kanye's tweet to chime in, but regardless I still think the final version won't be radically different. I don't think Kanye would have constructed this song structure only to radically alter the song from the kind of mash up it already is.

And you make a good point again about no one complaining about the links before, but I still think they're not very hard to find, and if someone wants to listen to AOTL really, really bad, they'll do a 2 second google search for it ;)

soundscream said:
Maybe a bit melodramatic, but you can't help but critically analyze a song we all love and know so well, and have heard over and over. I guess maybe we're a bit too used to the simplicity of the leaked versions.

I shall just go ahead and say the CuDi part isn't that bad, just a bit too deep in tone.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:

Agreed, people can find it easily through google. For the first 30 minutes though, I wouldnt mind a link to make it easier ;)

I like the end of Fergies part, where Rihanna starts to come in. Really liking her vocals with the trumpets and all.

Swag

So, was anyone else expecting all the different features to have verses that were just meshed together?

Didn't think they would have harmonizing roles / Elton John on the Piano. Was really hoping for an Elly Jackson verse at the least.

Ashhong

Sebulon3k said:
So, was anyone else expecting all the different features to have verses that were just meshed together?

Didn't think they would have harmonizing roles / Elton John on the Piano. Was really hoping for an Elly Jackson verse at the least.

I was until Ye commented about how he put everybody's parts together. I kind of figured it would just kinda turn into this. Definitely didn't expect Fergie to have her own song in the end though, so we'll see. Cudi was more of a lead-in to the epic features so I can understand that.

Swag

Well on further listening with my headphones and not shitty speakers, the change when the song switches from Kanye -> Kid Cudi -> Fergie is so abrupt, it's like a remix or something.

As for the mash up I can hear Ryan Leslie, Charlie Wilson, John Legend, Alicia Keys, can't really make out an Elly Jackson, Tony Williams, and I'm guessing Elton is doing the piano at the end and maybe the "I tried to tell you about ... the same"

Anyway, song is still dope in my eyes, the Fergie part is something I can tolerate for the awesome ending. Hope that the interlude is just the last 1 minute of the song, extended and mixed a bit better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sebulon3k said:
Well on further listening with my headphones and not shitty speakers, the change when the song switches from Kanye -> Kid Cudi -> Fergie is so abrupt, it's like a remix or something.

As for the mash up I can hear Ryan Leslie, Charlie Wilson, John Legend, Alicia Keys, can't really make out an Elly Jackson, Tony Williams, and I'm guessing Elton is doing the piano at the end and maybe the "I tried to tell you about ... the same"

Anyway, song is still dope in my eyes, the Fergie part is something I can tolerate for the awesome ending. Hope that the interlude is just the last 1 minute of the song, extended and mixed a bit better.
I can hear Tony Williams, he's been in there since the first leak. Mixes in a bit more with John Legend though.

As for the bolded, part of the reason it sounds like a remix is because of the mixtape drop at that exact moment in time. I have a feeling it will feel more fluid in the final, mastered version.

All hopes (and lights) rest on this final mastered version :lol

Swag

enzo_gt said:
I can hear Tony Williams, he's been in there since the first leak. Mixes in a bit more with John Legend though.

As for the bolded, part of the reason it sounds like a remix is because of the mixtape drop at that exact moment in time. I have a feeling it will feel more fluid in the final, mastered version.

All hopes (and lights) rest on this final mastered version :lol

Ah I see, I have faith in Kanye, I know he won't disappoint. Heading to the Macy's Day Parade to see AOTL performed live ( I Hope ) With the MJ float / Marching Band.

Ashhong

Sebulon3k said:
Ah I see, I have faith in Kanye, I know he won't disappoint. Heading to the Macy's Day Parade to see AOTL performed live ( I Hope ) With the MJ float / Marching Band.

:lol

MJ float will be legendary

Swag

Kave_Man said:
I told y'all Lost in the World >>>> *

Been waiting a long time to use this

2emlcf4.jpg

Ashhong

Sebulon3k said:
Been waiting a long time to use this

http://i54.tinypic.com/2emlcf4.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Have you heard the latest snippets from Lost in the World? I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet...

Bowser

I listened to the AOTL leak expecting the worst after these comments, but honestly, it's not that bad. Yeah the change in the beat is a bit jarring and Fergie's part is seriously asstastic, but at least it's not like a 1 min rap or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom