• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite verses from him:

WHEW
Yeah, that whole verse is dope.

That beat brings me back I remember bumping this hard back when it came out.
Same here. This song had me looking up Japanese rap back then just to see what other American rappers had features overseas.

SO NOSTALGIC AHHHHH

back when i was 16 in 2007 :(

i remember loving this so much while waiting for graduation
Very nostalgic. I first heard this my freshman year in college. Bumped it for a while.

I used to love this song too. Don't really remember Ye's verse, but I do remember listening to this song a hell of a lot because Carl Thomas was one of my favorite singers at the time, plus the beat is dope.

https://youtu.be/k26nRX5ldMc

And I'll stop here since this is technically off topic.

So who got the yeezy backdoor links?
OT, but a cool guy in the sneaker thread was hooking people up with them yesterday but the guys in other countries that had their pairs released today said the links didn't work because of new a security feature Adidas implemented.

So if you don't win a local store raffle, get ready to take that L for breakfast at 8am PST when you whiff on your last chance at OG Yeezys (apparently the Turtle Dove rerelease was false) and again for dinner at 11:59pm PST when Kanye doesn't drop a GOOD Friday track!

ant1532

Banned
I used to love this song too. Don't really remember Ye's verse, but I do remember listening to this song a hell of a lot because Carl Thomas was one of my favorite singers at the time, plus the beat is dope.

https://youtu.be/k26nRX5ldMc

And I'll stop here since this is technically off topic.

!!!!!! haven't heard this since in 10 years lol, so nuts. still like that sample a bunch in that

another relatively lesser known Kanye song that I love. it was unreleased but somehow surfaced in like 08

Never Letting Go (The Stalker Song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaEJy7l4i2c

!!!!!! haven't heard this since in 10 years lol, so nuts. still like that sample a bunch in that

another relatively lesser known Kanye song that I love. it was unreleased but somehow surfaced in like 08

Never Letting Go (The Stalker Song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaEJy7l4i2c
Yooooo holy shit. I completely forgot about this one. Used to think it was funny as hell. Lawd at that beat too.

Aight, this the last one for real.

Brand New was my shit too. Also funny.

http://youtu.be/c-2KHxPsBEQ

Idk if this was already mentioned, I'm guessing it already has, but oddly the album cover changed back to the original TLOP cover without the "WHICH ONE" and the ass.
EDIT: yup, already mentioned lol

Ran rp

I been

thinking

about my

vision

pour out

my feelings

revealing

the layers to my soul

Myyy soul

the laayers

to myyyy soouuul

revealing

the layers to my soul

Ranking the best feature verses on the album:

1. The Weeknd (FML)
2. Chance the Rapper (UltraLight Beam)
3. Desiigner (Pt 2, Freestyle 4)
4. Kendrick Lamar (No More Parties in LA)
5. Ty Dolla Sign (Real Friends, Fade)

Agree? Disagree?

CoolOff

1. The Weeknd (FML)

Agree? Disagree?

If you rank The Weeknd, shouldn't you also rank Rihanna?

And André 3000...

Jzero

Damn i hadn't even noticed how much Kanye started tweeting these past few days. All his tweets read exactly like my "trip log" after taking psychedelics.

ItIsOkBro

Maybe this is what people felt like waiting for the next Pablo Picasso painting
image.jpg

J-Roderton

Hoping for this to drop on Play Music soon.

Anyone else having trouble playing this on the Tidal app for Android? Every artist and every album except TLOP plays. I just get a connection lost message.

Kyzer

Banned
Ok for me this album has gotten better with time. I keep going to replay it, I shoulda just put the cd on my tongue off jump.

Ultralight Beams
Father Stretch My Hands
Pt. 2
Waves
FML
Real Friends
Wolves + Highlights each get a half point
30 Hours

Theres actually a LOT of really high points on this album for me!

Con_Smith

Banned
Lyrically the albums all over the place. Social Kanye dropping lines about his dick, fucking, and avoiding infidelity just leaves me meh. Features are great but so minor they leave me wanting, and I'm still confused by fake future with a legit future metro drop on track two.

Production wise I love damn near every track. 30 hours, ULB, Real Friends, and Wolves get replayed daily. I think I like the album, overall after giving it time but it feels raw and rough to a point where this shit needs Producers cut. Is he really gonna dlc the album and drop more for it?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
https://vimeo.com/155889923

Not sure if this was posted yet, and if it was it needed to be again. This guy did a one take cover of the whole album with an electric guitar. I'm usually not one to like covers like this, but this really does sound awesome.

I was really impressed at the first song, but then he played the second just like the first, and then he did some hardcore wankery over the rapid speaking part of FSMH pt 2 and I lol'd my way out of there.

1. The Weeknd (FML)

Agree? Disagree?

Chance has got to take best verse. He kills it with the flow.

Swag

So Special update on iTunes on Sunday with the completed album? This has been one of the oddest album rollouts I've ever seen really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom