• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

solarus

basically, this guy who leaked MBDTF is claiming to have put a flash drive (hinting at yeezus) in a sandwhich baggie behind some Thomas brand croissants at a walmart at the location below

1-19 Franklin Mills Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19154, USA

http://pastebin.com/7FYqeg2y

T3BlbiAyNCBob3Vycy4gNDAuMDgyNjMyLC03NC4 5NjU5NSAiSHVycnkgdXAgd2l0aCBteSBkYW1uIG Nyb2lzc2FudHMuLi4iIEZsYXNoIGRyaXZlIGluI GEgc2FuZHdpY2ggYmFnZ2llLiBFbmpveS4=

Open 24 hours. 40.082632,-74.96595 "Hurry up with my damn croissants..." Flash drive in a sandwich baggie. Enjoy.
This is just ridiculous now lol.

solarus

That's not the guy who leaked dark fantasy. The guy who leaked it was the same dude who leaked MOTM on KTT. His name is Mateo. He use to leak albums quite frequently on that site smh.
Man I can't keep up with this shit, I'm just quoting a KTT post on good faith.

Blearth

Banned
Man I can't keep up with this shit, I'm just quoting a KTT post on good faith.

My momma was raised in the era when
Cream wasn't somethin she used when she shave her skin
trimming my nose you woulda thought I had help
but I wasn't satisfied unless I clipped the mustache myself

you see theres broke nigga razors
thats that "don't use or you're gonna get sore"
and theres rich nigga razors
thats that "won't need to buy more"
whatchu want, a neckbeard? soul patch? a goatee?
If you want, have all your face clean
used to be only shavers now everybody paying
spending everythang on razors with 5 blades
New Shaves

I grow these hairs on me
I wear these shirts with no sleeves
I know I need a new blade
I saw the blood on my cheek
I know I need a new shave
put aftershave on me
want me to stay at ease
**** your anti perspiration ya'll niggas can't control me

I love KTT.

quit playin yo

yo quit playin

Don't feel too bad. It's kinda doubtful I'll get it. Things ain't the same as back in 2002 when I got the The Eminem Show before it dropped. But there's always hope! :D

Different stickers and Parental Advisory labels are popping up on a bunch of these.

Either the label is having some manufacturing problems forcing them to use different stickers, or some people are really dedicated to making fakes.

I can ask but I doubt I'll get that information. My guess? Not manufacturing "problems" but they aren't manufacturing all at one location so there are slight variations depending on where they are being made. Seems like the most likely scenario.

solarus

I know ktt is full of trolls now but I'm holding out hope for this:
Told me they will be up on shelves tomorrow. I gotta work all day from 7-7 so ima try n reserve my copy in the am :)

Edit: will be going to get it on my lunch break at noon. They said it will be available at noon

Ill update y'all tomorrow if I am successful ;-)
Tgrills on 11 hours ago
Tomorrow at noon I talked to the guy bout 20 minutes ago he said 100% sure

Genghis Kanye on 11 hours ago
dude update OP saying "TUNES IN TURNERSVILLE NJ" everyone is asking for more details

Tgrills on 11 hours ago
I live in CT lol otherwise id go but I called Hoboken and turnersville Hoboken said Tuesday and Turnersville said tomorrow without hesitation

Warhol on 11 hours ago
i spoke with 2 different locations, one of them was the manager and they confirmed it, the second location looked it up on the computer and said their shipment would be in tmrw.

solarus

Bruh I expected breakfast. I'm getting emaciated.

We all gon' be eating by dinner time, believe. At the very least I'm hoping those 500 projections Kanye talked about get announced today, hope it comes to where I am again, missed the last one. People are anticipating it is going to be showing a new video this time round.
Also chief keef tweeted this...
AlmightySoVerified account
‏@ChiefKeef
Video Droppin At Anytime Tommoro I aint gone Tell yall The time or what Song

solarus

Interview with the god Rick Rubin about Yeezus:
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/06/14/the-inside-story-of-kanye-wests-yeezus/
Here's the entire thing.
When and why did you join the “Yeezus” project?

Kanye came over to play me what I assumed was going to be the finished album at three weeks before the last possible delivery date. We ended up listening to three hours of partially finished pieces. The raw material was very strong but hadn’t yet come into focus. Many of the vocals hadn’t been recorded yet, and many of those still didn’t have lyrics. From what he played me, it sounded like several months more work had to be done. I joined the project because after discussing what he had played for me, he asked if I would be open to taking all of the raw material on and help him finish it.
How would you describe the new sound he was driving for, and how you did you help him arrive there?

He wanted the music to take a stripped-down minimal direction. He was always examining what we could take out instead of put in. A good example would be the song that became “Bound.” When he first played it for me, it was a more middle of the road R&B song, done in an adult contemporary style. Kanye had the idea of combining that track with a cool sample he had found and liked – I removed all of the R&B elements leaving only a single note baseline in the hook which we processed to have a punk edge in the Suicide tradition.
Can you recall a scene from the sessions that might help people understand his method in the studio?

We were working on a Sunday [the same day West attended a baby shower for girlfriend Kim [Kardashian] and the album was to be turned in two days later. Kanye was planning to go to Milan that night. Five songs still needed vocals and two or three of them still needed lyrics. He said, “Don’t worry, I will score 40 points for you in the fourth quarter.” In the two hours before had to run out to catch the plane, he did exactly that: finished all lyrics and performed them with gusto. A remarkable feat. He had total confidence in his ability to get the job done when push came to shove.
Where does “Yeezus” put him in relation to hip-hop and the broader music culture?

He is a true artist who happens to make music under the wide umbrella of hip hop. He is in no way beholden to hip hop’s typical messaging musical cliches. Hip hop is a grander, more personal form because of his contributions, and hopefully his work will inspire others to push the boundaries of what’s possible in hip hop.
To what extent have you been involved in the rollout of the album? I’d like to hear your thoughts on his “no strategy” method of promotion, for example declining to release an official video or a single.

He is pure in his art and in a form where so many choices artists make are often the result of business consideration. Kanye chooses to let his art lead. He didn’t want a premeditated commercial (single) for his album as he looks at it as a body of work. I like it anytime an artist follows his own vision of a project and doesn’t use the cookie cutter template expected of most artists. Kanye proceeds on the road less traveled and I applaud him for it.

BobDylan

the leak is near
BMunqQPCQAEa2oA.jpg:large

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
it's all over KTT. I guess it's showing up in a lot of stores today so I imagine its only a matter of time before someone yanks one and puts it on the internet

Yeah I just started looking into it. Am even attempting to locate the store so I can call them personally and see what's up. For all we know this kid works at best buy and took a pic of it in the break room and didn't actually cop it.

BobDylan

Yeah I just started looking into it. Am even attempting to locate the store so I can call them personally and see what's up. For all we know this kid works at best buy and took a pic of it in the break room and didn't actually cop it.

that's what I am assuming happened but that means others have access to it as well now. ive never really followed KTT until now and those people are insane.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
http://instagram.com/p/ai1GMeLvkK/

omgggg

Why the fuck ain't anybody opening this shit
KuGsj.gif

at least opening it and putting it in a cd tray would confirm they own this shit and like i said before, just aint some retail worker in their break room. FUCK.

Top Bottom