• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Bout to go runnin. This is going to fuel that.

and the Death Grips comparisons were right on, but without the crust.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Black Skinhead is a lot more minimalist, no distortion in the voice. A lot of sudden stops of the beat. It loses a lot of the energy of the live version though.

OMFG THE BASS IS AS REAL AS THE LIVE VERSION DOE

Yado

ON SIGHT....ON SIGHT.

irs4k7wobsTBs.gif

cdyhybrid

Black Skinhead is a lot more minimalist, no distortion in the voice. A lot of sudden stops of the beat. It loses a lot of the energy of the live version though.

OMFG THE BASS IS AS REAL AS THE LIVE VERSION DOE

Agreed. Sounds great but the live version has an edge to it.

Edit: Man, my one little sub and on-board sound card are not enough for this shit. Need like 3 more subs and a legit sound card!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye chants "GAWD" as Black Skinhead transitions into I Am A God.

I AM A GOD'S PRODUCTION THO, THIS SHIT JUST MAKES YOU START COOKING IN HEAVEN. Screams are less intrusive than the live version but they're still screams.

Oh the simultaneous cleanliness and roughness. (Still eating)
YES I LOVE IT

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm guessing God is Bon Iver at the end of the song?

EDIT: somehow New Slaves' production and samples or w/e sound even more godly in CDQ.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The vocals on this album are so damn clean. It's kinda off-putting. I might even have preferred the muffled vocals from a lot of what we heard.

Yo this extended (compared to what we've heard) Frank Ocean outro is dope.

reKon

Banned
I hope this wow's like the first time I heard MBDTF. Unlike a lot in this thread, I didn't go through and listen to recorded versions of half of the album

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yo hold my liquor, that beat is giving me goosebumps... shit is giving me let the beat build vibes in a completely different way, it just feels like it's growing and growing while still being down low and mellow.

cdyhybrid

The vocals on this album are so damn clean. It's kinda off-putting. I might even have preferred the muffled vocals from a lot of what we heard.

Yo this extended (compared to what we've heard) Frank Ocean outro is dope.

It's a stark contrast with the beats (particularly the drums).

Top Bottom