• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

solarus

I didn't really see much discussion here for the american psycho themed video he used to promo yeezus i mean enzo posted the link but no one really noticed/talked about it. A hq version of it got put up a few days back on monday it's on the site. I think it's great.
www.kanyewest.com

I didn't really see much discussion here for the american psycho themed video he used to promo yeezus i mean enzo posted the link but no one really noticed/talked about it. A hq version of it got put up a few days back on monday it's on the site. I think it's great.
www.kanyewest.com

Not much discussion because it sucks, and that guy playing Patrick's character is cringe worthy to watch

Apparently kanye originally wanted James Franco to be in it, he was smart to refuse

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Not much discussion because it sucks, and that guy playing Patrick's character is cringe worthy to watch

Apparently kanye originally wanted James Franco to be in it, he was smart to refuse

I agree. I don't really get the point of it.
It's okay not to get humor. Like most "creative" arts it's subjective. It wasn't trying to be deep or subtle. It was just a comedy sketch. I think it conveys the albums schizo like complex pretty well.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I really dislike johnathan cheeban. It's very upsetting that he had any part in that. I don't mind Scott.

I hated the video.

Novid

Banned
god, im really so disappointed in yeezus. After "Dark" I thought - NO I believed that he had turned the corner. He was going to pull of the rap epics that Led Zeppelin did for metal, Michael did for Pop etc.

But he gives me this minimalism bullshit. wow. If you were going to that - he should have gone to Japan and continue to learn how it REALLY WORKS (and IT TAKES YEARS TO GET IT RIGHT). He didn't need rick rubin. he's good but in sprits and fits. He needed some DJ Kenn, some Enka, then Daft Punk. Im going like what is this I don't even on half the damn songs!

DominoKid

god, im really so disappointed in yeezus. After "Dark" I thought - NO I believed that he had turned the corner. He was going to pull of the rap epics that Led Zeppelin did for metal, Michael did for Pop etc.

But he gives me this minimalism bullshit. wow. If you were going to that - he should have gone to Japan and continue to learn how it REALLY WORKS (and IT TAKES YEARS TO GET IT RIGHT). He didn't need rick rubin. he's good but in sprits and fits. He needed some DJ Kenn, some Enka, then Daft Punk. Im going like what is this I don't even on half the damn songs!

would you say that your jimmies were rustled?

cacophony

this album isn't even minimalist tho aside from Onsite & New Slaves, I'm In It is the complete opposite.

what about Runaway? that was minimalist. you just dont like the direction of the album

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Didn't like the album at 1st, but I am warming up to it. 10 tracks not counting bonus makes it feel short. Initially I liked about 25% of the album and now I'm up to about 50%.

Still think this is a step back from Twisted Fantasy though.

RobertM

Only like 2 Songs so far: "Hold My Liquor" and "Bound 2", other songs have descent parts to them but not that great overall. "I'm in it" definitely is growing on me.

Didn't like the album at 1st, but I am warming up to it. 10 tracks not counting bonus makes it feel short. Initially I liked about 25% of the album and now I'm up to about 50%.

Still think this is a step back from Twisted Fantasy though.
If you paid for bonus tracks, then you got played son.

Novid

Banned
would you say that your jimmies were rustled?

oh I see what you did there.

no...its that...he wanted to go darkwave which is fine, but their some good darkwave rappers he could have gotten something from.

He doesn't have one song in yeezus that stands out outside of bound and bound is a retread to his graduation days (which is one of the great albums of the last decade and a top ten rap album of all time) Its almost like Daft Punk used Yeezus to make their Album (RAM) better than it had to be. Yeezus needed something in the order of proggy metal to make some sort of impact. Em does it with his samples and he makes it work.

It's okay not to get humor. Like most "creative" arts it's subjective. It wasn't trying to be deep or subtle. It was just a comedy sketch. I think it conveys the albums schizo like complex pretty well.

Sorry, I "got" the humor, I've seen the film and like it quite a bit. Actually quite laughable you would insinuate someone doesn't "get" something because they think it was done poorly

Kanye just recreates the scene and his album the the topic with some terrible actor

Maybe you're having trouble getting that if kanye takes a shit and films it, it's not genious

not feeling this after two listens on the computer with Amazon dl.

next listen will be with headphones with Amazon dl or in the car with CD.

kinda liking Guilt Trip a bit. Maybe I got a soft spot for Kid Cudi working with Kanye, since it's the only time I seem to like anything Cudi is doing these days.

zychi

Banned
People that say Kanye "made" T-Swizzle's career are just as annoying as people who still bring up the incident.

I know I'm a day late on this, but I would argue that the incident made TS a household name in all of America, not just the country fans and pop-singing girls. I knew who she was, only because she was one of my ex's favorite artists at the time.

Right now I bet half of the people in this thread(including me) couldn't name 5 country singers who have released an album in the past year. Kanye's incident just made Taylor more popular with the "only listen to pop radio" crowd.

Himself

First impression is like all other Kanye albums. The production is great and innovative, lyricism is 50/50, and it'll ultimately sounded dated and annoying by the time his next album hits.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Sorry, I "got" the humor, I've seen the film and like it quite a bit. Actually quite laughable you would insinuate someone doesn't "get" something because they think it was done poorly

Kanye just recreates the scene and his album the the topic with some terrible actor

Maybe you're having trouble getting that if kanye takes a shit and films it, it's not genious
Lol as you post some shit from your fingertips...

KingKong

This album really really really grows on you. I think it's my second favorite after College Dropout but then again I never really liked Twisted Fantasy

ampere

First listen impressions, not really liking it. I do like Black Skinhead, first time hearing that, but the rest of the album isn't really grabbing me. A lot of the songs sound almost too simplistic and repetitive.

Worth noting I love all Kanye's previous albums except 808s which I didn't enjoy at all.

This album really really really grows on you. I think it's my second favorite after College Dropout but then again I never really liked Twisted Fantasy

Entirely possible it'll grow on me, gonna wait a bit before another listen

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This is the first album that has ever made me feel old, it all sounded like random ass super annoying noise.

Not a fan, liked his previous albums tho.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just saw the album in Walmart and it had the yellow tape instead of red. Anyone find out if there's a difference?
I bought it from Wal Mart with the yellow tape and from what I can tell there isn't any difference.

Top Bottom