• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Karaoke in America, where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I've been in Japan for the past 5 weeks, and last night me and some friends hit up a karaoke place (its one of the ones with the seperate rooms you go into, and just sing). Six hours later we emerged, and although now I'm tired as hell and have no voice, that was a fucking blast.
Thing is, I don't recall ever seeing anything like this in the states, and why not? It was a freaking blast, and it only cost us about $13 for the night. Plus, it was great to see the looks of some Japanese friends as us gaijin are singing Japanese songs without even looking at the lyrics half of the time. And Bohemian Rhapsody is a blast for a group to sing.
So anyway, do I live in too much of a backwater fuckhole in the states, or do we just lack this kick ass entertainment?

skip

the SF bay area is great for it, a bunch of us group up regularly and get a big private room for many hours of drinking and off-key singing.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Rochester, NY.
Hell maybe there is one, but I've just never heard about it. I just can't undertand with music being so popular, its just not an explosion. I mean, we were singing songs no one likes, but we just knew cause they were popular on the radio, and it was still amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom