• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kerry picks Gepwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

http://nypost.com/news/nationalnews/26839.htm
John Kerry has chosen Rep. Richard Gephardt, the veteran congressman from Missouri, to be his running mate, The Post has learned.
front070604.gif

DJ_Tet

Banned
And there goes the campaign. What a dumbass.

At least Edwards would have drawn new voters. Gephardt has lost about 5 elections by himself. Buh bye biatch.

I actually liked Gephardt... anyway, if he's chosen, the reason is for Union vote (which already seems like a lock anyway).

DJ_Tet

Banned
WasabiKing said:
I actually liked Gephardt... anyway, if he's chosen, the reason is for Union vote (which already seems like a lock anyway).

Yeah cause Gephardt has won so many votes on his own over the years. This has got to be a joke. Gephardt was the worst candidate available.

Kerry could've chosen Osama as his running mate, and he'd still have the election in the bag.

Of course he managed to pick the one person worse than Osama.

gg kerry next election

Meier

Drudge just has this up thus far:

# Kerry intends to begin calling the major candidates in contention around 7 a.m. Tuesday to give them the news of his choice...
# Kerry's aides reported placards had been printed with three versions of the Democratic ticket: Kerry-Edwards, Kerry-Gephardt and Kerry-Vilsack, though they acknowledged that Kerry could still surprise even them with a different selection...
# Kerry will appear at a big morning rally in Market Square in downtown Pittsburgh and announce choice at 9 a.m. Tuesday, before flying to Indianapolis.
# The running mate's political director would be Linda Moore, who was President Bill Clinton's deputy political director and then Indiana Sen. Evan Bayh's deputy chief of staff...

Schlephardt? WTF? It's like considering the VP spot is generally a figurehead, you should pick your running mate based a lot on image. And Edwards is a no-brainer in that department. Was Kerry picking based on who would make a more capable replacement if he was forced to resign?

It's like between this and Bush's ad campaigns I get the feeling that these two guys are racing to lose the presidency..

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I hope this is wrong, but only so that the New York Post looks retarded. It amazes me how religiously some people read that trash.

Can't say I'm fond of any three of those possibilities, so whatever. If true, meh. If not true, meh.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So...who do you think is gonna be the Democratic candidate in 2008?

Assuming there ARE elections then! Dun dun dunnnnnnh. [/Titor]

Socreges

Banned
I don't understand. Wouldn't have Edwards have made much more sense? What reasons would Kerry have to pick Gephardt over him?

Teddman

I'm sure it's true, even the Post wouldn't go to press this confidently if didn't check out. Damn, they scooped everybody.

Bah, I think Edwards would have given him more of a boost. Kerry went for the safe, dull choice instead...

I thought it might be Gephardt, since he was the only one of the potential running mates who was chilling in D.C. as usual and NOT campaigning like crazy for Kerry over the 4th of July holiday. He already knew he had the VP slot in the bag, so he could afford a little time off from all the ass-kissing. ;)

Chrono

Banned
Socreges said:
I don't understand. Wouldn't have Edwards have made much more sense? What reasons would Kerry have to pick Gephardt over him?

you can't change the future... ?

::looks at MetatronM's post::

:( :( :(

Maybe Kerry was worried about Edwards hogging all the young Dem pussy, so he went with the a-sexual sitcom dad over the smooth southern pimp.

Then again there's always the possibility that Kerry's campaign is being secretly funded by the makers of Botox..

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Mike Works said:
Kerry could've chosen Osama as his running mate, and he'd still have the election in the bag.

Don't underestimate the combined stupidity of the Democratic party and the American public.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Kuroyume said:
I don't ever listen to the Post because of this REAL cover...

front021403.gif

LOL

WOOT!

Kerry/Edwards 2004!! I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!

Can't wait to have my Texas vote not count! The electoral college rules!

EDIT: P.S. NY Post OWWWWNED

Diablos

I was hoping he'd pick Edwards. He just seems like a good choice. All the more reason for me to vote for Kerry.

Nikashi

Banned
bune duggy said:
kerry/edwards? I wish I could be that rich.

and when did Tom Glavine go to the Mets?

You missed this headline:

postfuckup.jpg

Hee hee, I figured that was obvious, which is why I only highlighted the REAL news, the fake news was pretty prominent. LOL nonetheless

Haha, CNN is holding up a copy of the NY Post and reminding people that the NYP's parent company also owns 'that other news network'. Gotta love that petty cable news net bickering!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Will Ferrell, on Today Show as his Anchorman character, kept holding up the Post and announcing the MISinformation.

SFA_AOK

Time for the conspiracy theories, how long before Drudge posts a story about how the Kerry camp deliberately misled the NYP? :)

shoplifter

Dear Duane Moore,

In just a few minutes, I will announce that Senator John Edwards will join me as my running-mate on the Democratic ticket as a candidate for vice president of the United States. Teresa and I could not be more excited that John and Elizabeth Edwards will be our partners in our journey to make America stronger at home and respected in the world.

I want you to know why I'm excited about running for president with John Edwards by my side. John understands and defends the values of America. He has shown courage and conviction as a champion for middle class Americans and those struggling to reach the middle class. In the Senate, he worked to reform our intelligence, to combat bioterrorism, and keep our military strong. John reaches across party lines and speaks to the heart of America -- hope and optimism. Throughout his own campaign for President, John spoke about the great divide in this country -- the "Two Americas" -- that exists between those who are doing well today and those who are struggling to make it from day to day. And I am so proud that we're going to build one America together.

In the next 120 days and in the administration that follows, John Edwards and I will be fighting for the America we love. We'll be fighting to give the middle class a voice by providing good paying jobs and affordable health care. We'll be fighting to make America energy independent. We'll be fighting to build a strong military and lead strong alliances, so young Americans are never put in harm's way because we insisted on going it alone.

I can't tell you how proud I am to have John Edwards on my team, or how eager I am for the day this fall when he stands up for our vision and goes toe-to-toe with Dick Cheney.

This is the most important election of our lifetime, and a defining moment in our history. With you by our side every day of this campaign, John and I will lead the most spirited presidential campaign America has ever seen, and fight to lead our nation in a new and better direction.

Thank you,

John Kerry

From his email list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom