• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
We definitely need to compile a list of the best quotes in the game. Chapter
's
"Do your thing Pit. You know...your shooty thing"
just landed very high up on mine.

EDIT: Oh my god every line from
Pyrrhon
's mouth is solid gold.
"You're certainly working hard. Pyrrhon creed 437: hard work should always be rewarded. So I got a present. For me. To destroy you"

Neiteio

We definitely need to compile a list of the best quotes in the game. Chapter
's
"Do your thing Pit. You know...your shooty thing"
just landed very high up on mine.
YES. We need to take down the quotes, verbatim, and catalogue where they appear... There's so many of them... I replayed Chapter
last night and
Hades
was a gold mine of jokes with the whole
"wish" for the victim of the "distracted chariot driving."
Also, in Chapter 14, when Palutena and
Phosphora
heckle each other over age:
"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!"

Korosenai

I just finished Chapter
........... My God that was awesome.

The new enemy was awesome, the music was awesome, the environment was awesome, Pyrrhus was awesome, the whole level was awesome! My favorite part though was the banter between the Gods and Goddesses, just amazing storytelling.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I just finished Chapter
........... My God that was awesome.

The new enemy was awesome, the music was awesome, the environment was awesome, Pyrrhus was awesome, the whole level was awesome! My favorite part though was the banter between the Gods and Goddesses, just amazing storytelling.

The next chapter is even better.

You know what's the best part about Light vs. Dark? When either 1) you hunt down and kill the other team's Pit, who is running like a pussy, or 2) you become Pit and rather than running like a pussy, you kill the shit out of the opposite team.

Seriously, why do people run when they're Pit? Do they not realize they're now incredibly strong? Out-flank your opponents and lay waste to their team.

LOL, reading this over, it sounds so aggressive, lol.
Well maybe because when you die it's game over and you still die easily if the other team gangs up on you. In best cases you have someone watching your back but that only works if the other guys want to work as a team.

I have been thinking more and more that we might see a Pokemon-esque mini sequel to this with expanded multiplayer options, ect.
Sounds...unlikely. I'm up for it though.

muu

I have been thinking more and more that we might see a Pokemon-esque mini sequel to this with expanded multiplayer options, ect.

Sakurai's going to be knee deep in developing the next Smash Bros, so not for another several years at the earliest...

Really really wish this game also had the Community feature that was in Mario Kart. Starting to wear down on me when I join and find the randoms I teamed up with can do absolutely nothing, match after match. Guess I need to add my code to that list and play with you folks...

so I just started playing it. It's got to have the craziest pacing ever

and graphics...gameplay..dialogues...music...amount of content..

00963371_awesome_reaction_gif.gif

A higher weapon value generally means that the weapon is stronger, right?

Why do I see so many people online who fight with weapons in the lower 200s?

Also that last battle was a pure dodge fest...and then I killed like 7 people in a row, wtf?

I LOVE the online mode, seriously.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A higher weapon value generally means that the weapon is stronger, right?

Why do I see so many people online who fight with weapons in the lower 200s?

Also that last battle was a pure dodge fest...and then I killed like 7 people in a row, wtf?

I LOVE the online mode, seriously.

The higher the value online, the more of your team's bar you lose when you die. Sometimes lower valued weapons have great powers on them, and you can get by.

dyergram

Wow this game was really hard to find on the high street here in uk land. Managed to grab it from argos in the end wasn't even on my radar but after all the glowing coverage picked it up and I played straight through to chapter 4. Loving it so far.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| The next chapter is even better

Please change thre thread title according to this. These are words of wisdom and truth.

The higher the value online, the more of your team's bar you lose when you die. Sometimes lower valued weapons have great powers on them, and you can get by.

Sorry, should have made more clear that I was reffering to Free-For-All mode.
I seldomly play Light vs. Dark.
I'm not much of a team player in shooting games.

Giolon

The star rating seems to make almost as much of an impact as the numeric value of a weapon. I have two different swords, one is rated 3 star melee, the other's rated 2 star melee. The 3 star one does twice as much melee damage as the other, despite being rated numerically 20 points lower. Some of that might be related to the different sword models (Bullet? Blade vs Burst Blade), but I've found a similar correlation between two weapons of the same model but different star ratings.

The star rating seems to make almost as much of an impact as the numeric value of a weapon. I have two different swords, one is rated 3 star melee, the other's rated 2 star melee. The 3 star one does twice as much melee damage as the other, despite being rated numerically 20 points lower. Some of that might be related to the different sword models (Bullet? Blade vs Burst Blade), but I've found a similar correlation between two weapons of the same model but different star ratings.

Yep, this is what I feel as well. Imo star rating has direct influence to damage dealt.

Numeric value then shows how effective it will be in-battle! (taking into account the stat bonuses/minuses)

WallJump

Banned

Two different weapons (i.e. Royal Blade vs Crusader Blade) with the same star ratings will likely do different amounts of damage. Every type of weapon has unique features that play into this. For example the Bear Claws have a low range but do high damage. The Stealth Claws have invisible shots but do less damage. So if each weapon has 3 stars in melee and range then the Bear Claws will be doing more damage, even though it has the same number of stars as the Stealth Claws.

Basically, the model of weapon has a significant effect on the damage output, just as it does other features like range and potency of charge attacks.

I'm at the point where this game is starting to make me rage. It is so frustrating playing through chapters at higher intensities, getting close to the end, and then dying. SAKURAAAIIIII!

I'm embarrassed that I've clocked 22 hours into this thing and I still have about a 50/50 chance of beating a level on 6.5 difficulty. I want to master this, dammit!

SmithnCo

This game is pretty popular among the 3DS toting people at my university. Most of them are giving me gems which is nice to see.

Anyway, does anyone have a guide to which challenges garner weapons? I still have a lot of Xs on my weapon fusing screen.
I know that even-numbered (I think) levels have blue portals, still have to get some of those.

Neiteio

I'm really interested to see some hard numbers on how this game is selling.

I'm also interested to know how to unlock the music for the flight portion of Chapter

Basically, the model of weapon has a significant effect on the damage output, just as it does other features like range and potency of charge attacks.
Yeah, I think the stars really only show how much damage that weapon does relative to other versions of the same weapon.

How do you tell weapon strength then? Just through testing?
That's the only surefire way I know of as of now. I like to think that all of the weapons in their most basic form were balanced somewhat so the stars are still a decent idea of how good a weapon is relative to the entire scope of weapons but I have no idea how true that is. It's hard to imagine how you would even begin to compare them with something as simple as star ratings though, given the fact that there are so many variables such as rate of fire, change in damage output with range, charge shots, etc...

Junk is crazy deep, yo.

Giolon

When does this quotefrom the trailers show up?

Palutena: "Big monsters kill Pit, GRRR!"

I'm dying waiting for it. Already on Chapter
. Did I miss it?

I'm really interested to see some hard numbers on how this game is selling.

According to andriasand.com, the game came out first this week in Japan with 132,526 units sold.

Source

This makes me happy, not only knowing that it sells good, but it does so even in Japan, where I would not have thought the game to sell good at all (for some reason I can't explain).

In Germany Kid Icarus Uprising came in 4th, without numbers given, but it's still amazing to be in the Top 5, because the sells were for March 19th through 25th, whereas the game came out here on the 23rd. That means basically just two days of sells. Amazing.

This game seems to be selling pretty good for now.

. Did I miss it?

You'll get it soon.
Chapter 13 or 14 I think.

SmithnCo

. Did I miss it?

I'm think it's in one of the earlier chapters... Could be wrong though, I went through those pretty fast. I definitely recall hearing it.

DSmalls84

This game is shockingly good. Anyone else using face buttons for the onground stuff and touchscreen/stylus for the air stuff?

I have been using face buttons for both flying and on-ground portions of the game. Probably going to start using the stylus for the air portions though because they move faster than the ground sections.

WallJump

Banned
Junk is crazy deep, yo.

I can't believe they went out of their way to create 9 different types of weapons, then to make 12 models of each weapon very unique from one another. An amazing amount of work and creativity that went into that, and I don't think anyone would have held it against them had they just had just the 9 weapons with a simple upgrade system. Instead we get this staggering variety of weapons with BREEDABLE abilities with an exhaustive fusion system.

THIS GAME

Top Bottom