• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Anteo

Oh god that happened to me as well. And with my shot defense -2, i was getting two shot killed. Not fun at all.

I really like how many differents strats people are trying. Like there is not one strat that is dominating online and everyone is trying it.

I also got killed while using Aries Armor by a Big Missile with an Eye in it, it had insane homing and way too much damage. Heck, it almost 2-shoot killed me when I turned into an angel. What a destructive weapon that was. I think the user also added Slip Shot (Fires throug wall), because I doubt that weapon was a Club

PKrockin

I really like how many differents strats people are trying. Like there is not one strat that is dominating online and everyone is trying it.

Yeah, every time I go online there's always a guy who destroys me with a some new weapon. Then I kind of want to go and fuse that weapon myself.

I've been trying an Upperdash Arm, but lag seems particularly unfriendly to melee dash attacks. I keep missing what should be perfect hits somehow. Maybe I would have more luck fusing it into a Samurai Blade since its melee dash attack has a bigger hitbox.

I do wish that I could instantly get good weapons of things I have to use. I love all the weapons, but it's such a pain having to deal with sub-par weapons because its just so fun to use them all.

And maybe, just maybe, that's the big hook in all of this.

Korosenai

Sorry I missed the games, guys, but I had a bit of a personal emergency that I needed to sort out. They sounded exciting; I wish I could've been there.

It's all good man, you can join next time.

The matches were pretty intense though. Everyone here has gotten 10x better.

I had trouble keeping up with some people before, now it's even harder.

Sagitario

Chapter 19 is so long (and kinda repetitive).

You trying to beat it on 9.0?

I tried. I had no idea what the gimmick was going to be. Ended up in 6 or 5, IIRC.

I want to finish Chapter 17 in at least 8.0 (I really want a good Laser Staff), but it's so freaking long and chaotic... I can never make it (I end up in 5).

Frabjous day! Callooh, callay! My prizes finally came in the mail!

The AR cards that I got are:
Pudgy Palm
Treasurefish
Centurion
Remoblam & Remoblamling
Halo Club
Lancer Staff
Magmoo
Predator Cannon
Fire Wyrm
Crusader Blade

The shirt and the perler beads are really awesome too; you can bet that I'll be wearing both of them in the near future.

Also, did you guys get 3DS lanyards? Mine has the PAX 2012 and the Behemoth logos on them. I'm not complaining; but I am curious.

Oh, and by the way, do you think you could post links to our scoreboards, Nub? I want to hang them up around my room as a testament to our greatness ;)

Korosenai

Glad you got your stuff, Scrafty!

Yea, Gospel and I both got lanyards. And im currently out of town right now, but when i get back ill upload them to an imgur album and post it here for all to see.

Glad you got your stuff, Scrafty!

Yea, Gospel and I both got lanyards. And im currently out of town right now, but when i get back ill upload them to an imgur album and post it here for all to see.

Alright, thanks.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it, but I attended Anime North 2012 (pretty much Canada's biggest anime convention) yesterday, and I saw some pretty sweet Kid Icarus cosplayers. I think I got pictures of a Palutena, a Medusa,
an Amazon Pandora
and a Phosphora. I'll see if I can post them sometime soon.

Hale-XF11

Alright, thanks.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it, but I attended Anime North 2012 (pretty much Canada's biggest anime convention) yesterday, and I saw some pretty sweet Kid Icarus cosplayers. I think I got pictures of a Palutena, a Medusa,
an Amazon Pandora

One day, someone's gonna dress up as
Pseudo Palutena
and it's gonna be the best thing ever. Can't wait to see your pics.

Korosenai

Alright, thanks.

an Amazon Pandora
Sounds awesome! Did you see a
Hades
by chance?

I've been trying to build a Gaol Blade with 6 range and 6 melee from scratch and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how I should go about it. What sort of abilities should I try to get with it? What is the best place to grind for weapons with good abilities?

I've been trying to build a Gaol Blade with 6 range and 6 melee from scratch and was wondering if anyone has any tips on how I should go about it. What sort of abilities should I try to get with it? What is the best place to grind for weapons with good abilities?

For a Gaol Blade, a backdash charge shot modifier is a godsend. You should also consider a shot cancellation bonus and a range boost on the defensive side, since the Gaol Blade's main strategy is to get at mid range and start spamming backdash charge shots to screw with the opponent. Also, if possible, try to add a few harmless negative attributes like Heart Bonus -x or Self Harm, as it increases the chances of you getting better stats on the weapon.

As for grinding, the best places to find good weapons is
Chapter 18
on 9.0, due to its low difficulty and high payoff. Chapters 2, 7, and
are also good places to find Gaol Blade components.

If you can, try to go to public events like conventions in order to collect gems for fusing. Just yesterday I recieved 50(!) gems with varying power, including Arlon Orbitars, a Sonic Cannon and a Compact Arm all with 6 stars in both Ranged and Melee. It's a veritable treasure trove!

Korosenai

The most streetpasses ive gotten in one day was 47 at new york, and i even went to the nintendo store.

Where i live, im lucky to even get one streetpass in an entire day.

Ill probably weapon grind later tonight though. I need something to fall back on if my magnus club isnt working out for me, because right now i have nothing. I really want a good pair of pandora claws with high range, so ill work on that for now.

For a Gaol Blade, a backdash charge shot modifier is a godsend. You should also consider a shot cancellation bonus and a range boost on the defensive side, since the Gaol Blade's main strategy is to get at mid range and start spamming backdash charge shots to screw with the opponent. Also, if possible, try to add a few harmless negative attributes like Heart Bonus -x or Self Harm, as it increases the chances of you getting better stats on the weapon.
Is it worth investing in stamina and defence atributes?

Is it worth investing in stamina and defence atributes?

You can give yourself more stamina with several different powers, so I wouldn't waste time trying to do that. Defense might be nice depending on your playstyle, but once again, there are powers that do the same thing far more reliably.

Korosenai

You can give yourself more stamina with several different powers, so I wouldn't waste time trying to do that. Defense might be nice depending on your playstyle, but once again, there are powers that do the same thing far more reliably.
Tirelessness and ares armor comes to mind for those two things.

Shit...

Running out of room for more Streetpass/Spotpass gems >_< (12 spots left)

Only have 118k hearts

Better to fuse and get two powerful weapons which would leave me with about 1k hearts?

Or convert as many gems into weapons as possible?

Well I have my eye on these:

Black Club
R: 6
M: 6
Value: 319
Knockback Def. +1
Stamina +3
Health +1
Hearts: 71050

Magnus Club
R: 4
M: 3.5
Value: 318
Overall Def. +4
Shaking +2
Walking Speed +2
Side-dash ch. shot +1
Melee dash attack +2
Knockback Def. +1
Hearts: 69650

Ninja Palm
R: 4.5
M: 4.5
Value: 308
Confusion +4
Shot homing +3
Standing cont. fire +3
Hearts: 57680

Bear Claws
M: 2
Value: 307
Overall Def. +4
Walking speed +2
Side-dash ch. shot +1
Health +2
Standing cont. fire +2
Heart bonus +1
Hearts: 56630

End-All Arm
R: 3.5
Value: 313
Knockback Def. +3
Freezing +4
Recovery effect +4
Health +1
Standing cont. fire +1
Hearts: 63910

Babel Club
R: 5
M: 5
Burning +1
Item attack +1
Knockback Def. +1
Health +1
Stamina +3
Hearts: 63560

Pandora Claws
M: 2
Value: 305
Knockback Def. +3
Recovery effect +4
Shaking +2
Walking speed +2
Melee dash attack +2
Hearts: 53340

Knuckle Staff
Value: 312
Knockback Def +1
Health +1
Stamina +3
Shot Def. +2
Running speed +1
Standing cont. fire +3
Hearts: 62860

*sees more potential weapons worth getting*

Sigh....don't want to make another long ass list

Divine Bow
R: 3
Health +5
Shaking +4
Stamina +3
Knockback Def. +1
Standing cont. fire +1
Hearts: 63910

Hedgehog Claws
M: 3
Value: 306
Item attack +1
Shaking +2
Walking speed +2
Side-dash ch. shot +1
Melee dash attack +2
Hearts: 54600

Ogre Club
Value: 312
Shot homing +1
Standing ch. shot +1
Knockback Def. +1
Health +1
Stamina +3
Hearts: 61880

Compact Arm
Value: 307
Heart bonus +1
Knockback Def. +1
Health +1
Stamina +3
Standing cont. fire +1
Hearts: 56560

Drill Arm
M: 2.5
Value: 301
Overall Def. +3
Weakening +3
Heart bonus +1
Health +2
Forward-dash ch. shot +1
Standing cont. fire +2
Hearts: 48860

Bomber Arm
Value: 300
Heart bonus +1
Shaking +2
Walking speed +2
Side-dash ch. shot +1
Melee dash attack +1
Hearts: 48320

Stealth Claws
Value: 298
Melee Def. +2
Health +2
Forward-dash ch. shot +1
Standing cont. fire +2
Heart bonus +1
Hearts: 46130

Anteo

Huh,, I just got a power that changes the background music to anything else at random. I had Gaol's theme in Ch 1 land section. What an odd Power..

That sucks

Were the cosplayers at the very least hot/attractive?

They were all pretty good. Phosphora in particular was electrifying,
If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

It makes me wonder, though... What are all the people who took my picture saying about me?

Korosenai

Sounds like you had your swag turned all the way up, but if you go next year you should definitely do two things:

1. Go as Hades

2. Practice his lines

And wasnt that chet rippo that did the phosphora drawing? What page was it posted on?

Korosenai

Its really weird, because at first I really did not like Phosphora. I dont even know why, i just didnt like her character and she seemed bland at first. But then seeing everyone on here talking about her and discussing her, it finally clicked. Her character design is very simple, perfect, and to the point. Its kind of hard to explain really.

One more weapon I'm considering getting through gem fusion

Sagittarius Bow
R:4
Value: 299
Melee Def. +2
Health +2
Forward-dash ch. shot +1
Heart bonus +1

Sagitario

Guys... can you help me to choose a weapon, please?

Beam Claws
M: 4
V: 250
Knockback defense +1
Shaking +1
Standing cont. fire +1
Side-dash cont. fire +2
Melee dash attack +1

Wolf Claws
M: 259
V: 257
Shot defense +1
Knockback defense +2
Knockback recovery +1
Heart bonus +2

Arlon Orbitars
R: 4.5
V: 257
Overall defense +2
Shot homing +1

If I fuse:
Arlon Orbitars + Beam Claws = Laser Staff
M: 4
V: 270
Shot homing +1
Knockback defense +1
Shaking +1
Standing cont. fire +1
Side-dash cont. fire +2
Melee dash attack +1

Lance Staff + Wolf Claws = End-All Arm
V: 255
Overall defense +1
Knockback defense +2
Hear bonus +2

Laser Staff + Beam Claws = End-All Arm
V: 256
Knockback defense +3
Paralysis +1
Standing cont. fire +1
Melee Dash attack +1

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love Arlon Orbitars and Beam Claws, but I also love the Laser Staff and I don't know if it's worth to lose them both for the staff.

mooooose

I've got a really good pair of Beam Claws that I want to make stronger (ie do more damage). Their range is amazing, I can shoot from 40m away or whatever. But if they were even stronger, that would be ideal. How do I do that through fusing.

Roto13

ASDF

Let's try this again.

I'm looking for a list of all of the weapons you need to unlock on the treasure grid and can't find/fuse until you've fulfilled the requirements. The GameFAQs list is horrible at differentiating between weapon unlocks and just weapons you're rewarded with. I think every other guide on the goddamn internet just copies and pastes the information from the cheat section on GameFAQs because they're all useless.

Does anyone have an actual accurate list of weapons you need to unlock?

ASDF

Let's try this again.

I'm looking for a list of all of the weapons you need to unlock on the treasure grid and can't find/fuse until you've fulfilled the requirements. The GameFAQs list is horrible at differentiating between weapon unlocks and just weapons you're rewarded with. I think every other guide on the goddamn internet just copies and pastes the information from the cheat section on GameFAQs because they're all useless.

Does anyone have an actual accurate list of weapons you need to unlock?

Palutena Blade
Palutena Bow
Aurum Palm
Aurum Bow
Aurum Orbitars
Aurum Blade
Viridi Palm
Viridi Claws
Cancer Claws
Taurus Arm
Saggitarius Bow
Leo Cannon