• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Korosenai

Maaaan. aw well.

i didn't have anything on this game. heat already fucked it up a couple of days ago so i washed my hands of it.

Haha I don't blame you. I can honestly see Thunder/Celtics in the finals, but who knows.

And I really don't feel like playing KI:U tonight, but i'll be down to play anytime tomorrow. I'm just playing some Halo 2 right now on XBC. Feels good man.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Haha I don't blame you. I can honestly see Thunder/Celtics in the finals, but who knows.

And I really don't feel like playing KI:U tonight, but i'll be down to play anytime tomorrow. I'm just playing some Halo 2 right now on XBC. Feels good man.

A friend said the same thing, lol.

And yup, I don't think i'll be able to keep the date tonight either. i got carried away with saints row 3. Found it in box i hadn't unpacked and i've been playing it since.

Busaiku

Yesterday I got this Gem that's just a ?.
Can't do anything with it, just convert to Hearts.

Is that what I should do?
Or do I hold onto it?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Yesterday I got this Gem that's just a ?.
Can't do anything with it, just convert to Hearts.

Is that what I should do?
Or do I hold onto it?

It means it's for a weapon you haven't unlocked yet. Gotta do some of those challenges to unlock some and see what it is.

Here's some of the Challenge Board weapons and how to get them:
Poseidon Cannon: Clear Chapter 8 within 20 minutes
Palutena Blade: Clear Chapter 9 within 28 minutes
Viridi Palm: Acquire 5 different palms
Aurum Club: Clear Chapter 15 withing 17 minutes
Aurum Blade: Chapter 15: Destroy 8 of the guns surrounding the Boss
Aurum Orbitars: Clear Chapter 16 using Claws
Aurum Palm: Chapter 16: Defeat the Boss without switching grind rails
Aurum Bow: Chapter 17: Defeat the Boss while in Crisis Mode
Centurion Orbitars: Defeat Chapter 19's Boss while in Crisis Mode
Viridi Claws: Clear Chapter 22 without dying (Intensity 5.0 or higher)
Palutena Bow Clear Chapter 24 within 11 minutes
Boom Orbitars: Clear Chapter 25 within 15 minutes

Wichu

Aww yeah, just got a neat Dark Pit Staff.
Ranged: 2*
Melee: 0*
Overall defense +6
Health +5
Shot range +1
Speed +2
Stamina +3
Evasion +1

Attack power leaves a lot to be desired, but the abilities are pretty awesome for some defensive play.

I want to get an Upperdash Arm with a melee dash attack ability; I was playing Free-for-all with CPUs, and one of them got an Upperdash Arm and decimated everyone. It looks pretty fun to use.

Been taking quite some break from this game but thankfully I am not too rusty. I am having trouble with one level finishing 9.0 with. It is the one
where you control Magnus. I was wondering if the weapon of choice ability and stats matter while using Magnus or is it only for the flight section?
I suck at dodging so thats why I am struggling a lot slow characters.

daakusedo

Here's a message to congratulate Sakurai.
Haven't play the game for months and today I was able to get though chapter 14 at 7.2 intensity.
Like smash bros, the controls are deeply remembered in your mind and reflexes come back quickly, I still remember going to a anime convention with a smash bros tourney and hadn't play it for more than one year, we were able with a friend to last until semi-final.

So that tells me Masahiro is doing something right.

GWX

Hey Brazil-GAF or South America-GAF, anyone is playing this game online? Freakin' awesome game, by the way. Got it June 1st, and just finished chapter 13. Procedding slowly, whenever I can.

Add me: 4425-1876-8978 - Guilherme

clemenx

Banned
Hey Brazil-GAF or South America-GAF, anyone is playing this game online? Freakin' awesome game, by the way. Got it June 1st, and just finished chapter 13. Procedding slowly, whenever I can.

I added you, I still play some KI from time to time.

4167-5056-7285 Clemente.

Anteo

I added you!
3093-7127-8409

I hope we can get into a game soon.

Prinny

that darkness bow you started things off with was crazy strong. getting one-shotted by some invisible dude really sucked that one match.
The forward charged dash attack on that bow almost always kill in one shot but I keep missing >.>

I think it's 6 stars ranged with + 3 f.c.dash attack.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
The forward charged dash attack on that bow almost always kill in one shot but I keep missing >.>

I think it's 6 stars ranged with + 3 f.c.dash attack.

i see. i thought it had good homing on it and was wondering why you were using autoreticule.

the only bow i use is the silver bow and that's only because i accidently fused a good weapon into it and feel like i owe it to myself to carry on its legacy, haha. man am i weird.

It's like a had a six sense... for the end of the matches. I'll get there someday.
haha, i'll have a room open tomorrow too. i haven't played multiplayer in this game for a while so it's nice playing with you guys now that there's some downtime on my end.

Thanks Prinny. Although no thanks for just kicking my butt.

Edit: I am one steamed penguin right now

Edit 2: The pieces were right in front of us and you just kept hitting me so I was like, ok!

Edit 3: That was a fun 1v1 indeed. I think I like this game even more with battles like that.

Edit 4: Wow I completely flubbed that daybreaker. Got all the pieces but had to catch my breath as an enemy teammate spawned next to me and blew me up!

Edit 5: YEEAAAAH! Even your nice snipe at the end (at least I think that was you) couldn't stop us!

Edit 6: It wow's me how close most of these games are.

Prinny

YES!

Edit: You and your daybreaker aarrgh! Oh no! Not again!

Edit2: Say hi to my darkness bow!

Edit3: That was a fun 1v1 :p

Edit4: Oh yes!

Edit5: Viridi palms vs Pandora claws!

Edit6: One HP left... One...

Edit7: Wow I died too fast :(

I feel bad but what can I say? I just noticed my friend playing. lol

Boo, Fireworks work but in the thick of things, it's only successful half the time.

When in doubt, Daybreak!

Alright. I'm out. Good games as usual, Prinny. Always a pleasure playing with you or in this case, beating you!

Prinny

That poor Phil, what have you done to him. He was Pit for 5 seconds.

Edit: Yeah, good games :) I hope that we'll continue to buy the same (multiplayer) 3DS games.

Top Bottom