• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Unless you like it or it has good stats, I don't see why there would be a reason not to fuse.

I finally finished the game... whoa.

What an epic finale, haha. Never had a game go on such a high note!! Awesome!

Did you make sure to get the hidden message at the end of the credits? You have to wait about 5 minutes without pressing anything. I missed it the first time around.

Nekki

Did you make sure to get the hidden message at the end of the credits? You have to wait about 5 minutes without pressing anything. I missed it the first time around.

Hmm I have no idea!!!

I did see a screen where it told me how many hits I gave to the credits, but I don't believe i got the hidden message!!

I'm replaying the last level so I'll definitely wait :D thanks for letting me know!

Okamid3n

Welp, finally beat all the chapters on 9.0.

Felt so great to beat the GST at last. Bringing three charges of the "tirelessness" powers really, really did the trick. Seems like running out of stamina was the key element holding me back.

I had also not played the last chapter once since I first beat it. I waited until I did every other chapters on 9.0 first to replay it. It had been so long that finally replaying it made it feel like it was an all new chapter. It felt amazing.

The last boss is much, much, MUCH easier than the GST, I'll say that much.

Today's NOA easter egg
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/315584153246658560 said:
...when Pit gets finished, hold down on the + Control Pad.
You will see what looks like the hearts that have fallen from the Fiend's Cauldron being watched by an 8-bit Reaper
Is this well known?

Korosenai

Just picked up Luigis Mansion 2 and was wondering if anyone from this thread wanted to play online with me later? I just got it, so I haven't unlocked the multiplayer yet, but I should either by tonight or tomorrow night.

BowieZ

Banned
So... how the hell do us mere mortals get Kid Icarus Series 2 trading cards? (Let alone the PAL/Euro versions specifically.)

I've been waiting for about a year now for Series 2 to go up on Club Nintendo or to be sold in stores or something. Apparently they were only released at some events in the US? sheesh!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I finally got Warp, after all this time. Power Portrait complete. 100% save file.

I just wanted to share. ;_;

Let me be the first to say, Congrats! I'm at 96%, all I need to do is complete power portrait and get all the remaining powers. But I don't think I'm going to do it. I really wanted to Gold Wreath all levels and hoped that would make 100%, I was bummed when I learned I needed all the powers too.

I don't think I have enough patience to keep on playing in hope of getting random drops. I know a need a few multiplayer ones, so maybe I'll come back to online for fun and hope I get some there. But I have other games on my backlog I'd rather play rather than just making random runs and hoping to get the powers that I need.

What was your game time to reach 100%? I think I'm at ~50 hours, my most played 3DS game. Well, really really close with Theatrhym and FE Awakening.

So I finally caved and scanned the rest of the AR cards I needed on the AR card database. I'm pretty much done with the game and wanted to finally get that over and done with. NOA, if you ever do something like this again, DON'T FUCK IT UP!

BowieZ

Banned
So... how the hell do us mere mortals get Kid Icarus Series 2 trading cards? (Let alone the PAL/Euro versions specifically.)

I've been waiting for about a year now for Series 2 to go up on Club Nintendo or to be sold in stores or something. Apparently they were only released at some events in the US? sheesh!
Long shot: does anyone here have any Series 2 cards/packs or rare cards generally they'd like to sell? (AU/US version)

Wow thanks, but bear in mind I'm in Australia so that makes things tough. I'm happy to PayPal you for postage etc...

Don't have Paypal and I don't mind giving you the cards for free

edit: *sees shipping rates* FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU.........

I'll send you a PM anyway, but I might be shipping after all :(

Def Jukie

I'm looking for North American cards as well. I'm in the US. I'll take some off your hands if you've got some extras. Shoot me a PM and we can work something out. I also have some extras to trade as well.

Rootbeer

Banned
Started feeling nostalgic for this game already :) It was such a great experience. The voice acting was first rate, way better than anything Nintendo had previously done in that area.

We need more Kid Icarus games! Please don't let this be the end :(

Phatcorns

Just finished the main story. What an amazing game. And there's some impressions in the first post of this thread that says the graphics aren't that impressive? Utter blasphemy. One of the prettiest, most amazing games I've ever seen.

This game really sort of seems underhyped to me. The controls are perfectly manageable, not sure what the brouhaha was all about.

TheOGB

Banned
It's great that this thread reappeard out of nowhere because I just ordered this last week and the multiplayer is fantastic. So fun, so crazy, so hectic, and it is kinda hard to control in the heat of battle, but that kinda adds to it; I don't think it would be the same if it was as dumbed down "accessible" as something like CoD (not necessarily a jab at either game).

Meanwhile I've only done about 3 chapters of the story.

I know people are probably too hyped from E3 to care, but I just beat Ring of Chaos at 9.0, I still feel jittery over the accomplishment. I felt it was pratically impossible at first. Just have 23, 24, and 25 left, and that should be a cake walk in comparison.

Also, finally got a pair of good Artillery Claws. You guys weren't kidding, so good they're nearly broken.

Korosenai

So I haven't played this game in a while, so I figured i'd play some games online.

About three matches later...

G7KFPIo.jpg

It feels good to be back.

Regiruler

Nub's like, the exact opposite of that. If anything, I'm the scumbag for using Libra Sponge + Ares Armour.

I fucking love libra sponge. My primary Reaper Palm has low health autododge.

EDIT: But how does that work with ares armor? I thought libra sponge gained power with the amount of health taken and ares reduces the amount of health taken per hit?

Korosenai

I always found magnus club users to be complete assholes.

Then again I'm a Reaper Palm user so I have no room to talk.

My Magnus Club has no positives and -2 Shot Defense. If I literally get hit once by anything I die (Eyetrack Orbitars can go to hell). When I run out of Transparency (the invisibility perk) there's not much I can do. I have to be very strategic with how I play or else i'd end up going 0-8 every match.

I fucking love libra sponge. My primary Reaper Palm has low health autododge.

EDIT: But how does that work with ares armor? I thought libra sponge gained power with the amount of health taken and ares reduces the amount of health taken per hit?

For some reason Libra Sponge ignores the damage reduced by Ares Armour and calculates it as if you weren't wearing the armour at all. That, in conjunction with my max-attack stars Samurai Blade, is why I can one-hit most people with a dash attack :>

Regiruler

My Magnus Club has no positives and -2 Shot Defense. If I literally get hit once by anything I die (Eyetrack Orbitars can go to hell). When I run out of Transparency (the invisibility perk) there's not much I can do. I have to be very strategic with how I play or else i'd end up going 0-8 every match.

Just in general, as they tend to be onehit wonders that try and edge me out any way possible. Although that's nothing compared to one hellish Gemini Orbitars I saw once where it literally overlapped 4 times with only a quarter of a second between attack. If you don't dodge out of it 4 times you're done for.

Scrafty, that reminds me that I need to make an anti-meta weapon set. Maybe my +4 freezing pandora claws could suffice, along with interference and virus...

EDIT: I just noticed Nub's screen is from LvD, I prefer Free-For-All
EDIT2: Does the combo also work with just armor? I know you don't get the status immunity but it takes fewer power squares.

TheOGB

Banned
I gotta say, that weapon crafting guide in the OP/on page 107 is really useful for letting me know what weapons I don't have unlocked yet. Now I've got a lot of fun work to do...

Regiruler

Quite honestly the only hard unlocks are the Centurion Orbitars and the Palutena Bow.

I wish the weapons were actually unlocked via chapters that were related but w/e.

Veal

Man this game is still so good! How well did it sell? What kind of budget did they get for this? The quality is just top notch. Sakurai never messes around!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I figure it'd be a good place to ask here instead of making a new thread though I don't know how active this OT is.

But anyways, I'm trying to really figure out how to make a good weapon. I had a 5/5 star pandora claw with a bunch of + bonuses at 291 value. It was an amazing weapon and I gambled it away trying to fuse with a 4/6 star sword to make a good burning palm. For some reason the fuse result in a 2/2 star burning palm with less than desirable traits.

Really I guess I'm asking what are really solid weapons to go for? And what is the best way of getting good base weapons to fuse with? I've been farming chapter 20 on intensity 8 but I always seem to get the same weapons over and over, but at least I get 4 drops per round.

Anteo

So I figure it'd be a good place to ask here instead of making a new thread though I don't know how active this OT is.

But anyways, I'm trying to really figure out how to make a good weapon. I had a 5/5 star pandora claw with a bunch of + bonuses at 291 value. It was an amazing weapon and I gambled it away trying to fuse with a 4/6 star sword to make a good burning palm. For some reason the fuse result in a 2/2 star burning palm with less than desirable traits.

Really I guess I'm asking what are really solid weapons to go for? And what is the best way of getting good base weapons to fuse with? I've been farming chapter 20 on intensity 8 but I always seem to get the same weapons over and over, but at least I get 4 drops per round.

Have you ever tried pokemon breeding?

iirc, the way it works is that the game tries to give you the powerful stats first and then it fills whatever extra points it has left with stars. What you want to do is to make lots of 6/0 star (as in, 6 range 0 melee or the other way) with no stats and fuse one with the weapon with the desired stats, after that you should get a low star weapon with your stats of choice and then keep fusing more 6/0 to get close to the max stars

How to get a 6/0 no skills? fuse a weapon with no stats and stars with another one that too has no stats and stars, you will get a 0.5/0 weapon that you need to fuse with another 0.5/0 to make a 1/0 and so on. Where to get a 0/0 weapon? Chapter 1!

Happy weapon breeding

Now if you dont want to breed, I think is all about luck.

About what is a good weapon? I like Magnus club, both versions are good, ranged charges way too fast a melee hits way too hard. The laser staff is good imo, fixed damage at any distance

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Have you ever tried pokemon breeding?

iirc, the way it works is that the game tries to give you the powerful stats first and then it fills whatever extra points it has left with stars. What you want to do is to make lots of 6/0 star (as in, 6 range 0 melee or the other way) with no stats and fuse one with the weapon with the desired stats, after that you should get a low star weapon with your stats of choice and then keep fusing more 6/0 to get close to the max stars

So the basic idea is to keep fusing with a 6/0 weapon until the stars eventually max out? do you want to ideally alternate 6/0 and 0/6 fusing? Or just keep fusing with one?

It's slightly more complex than I figured it would be but not completely out of whack lol. Pretty intense though.

Also how are weapons like Flintlock staff, Drill arm, Burning Palm and Pandora claws considered? I assume weapons that are good for MP are not the best for SP?

Top Bottom