• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Greg strikes back?

Jeese guys, did you steal everyone else's points for yourselves?

Edit: I'm here, I'm wondering what happened to you!

Edit2: Yeah, I thought you could turn the game into a FFA game. But I guess it doesn't work that way, does it?

Wow Medley, you almost did it.

I was hiding with 2 invincible's left and I just took a chance at it. Just one little hit! That's all I needed! but alas, he was in the pit.

Edit: The game kept spawning us in that room, wanting us to fight for some reason, Prinny.

Edit2: You know what they say about penguins, they can't fly, so they suicide! :p

New record! Good games guys!

The samurai sword is OP, mine doesn't even have good stats and it's only 5.5 melee stars.

That 5.5 melee does me in every time. I just come up to you and three hits and I'm done. Usually the reflect barriers more help against you getting a melee attack off than you throwing things at me.

Yes, good games. Great even.

Anteo

I thought that was more the reaction to
Hades' entrance
. But yeah you've got more surprises in store.

Well a lot of people I know though that
the chapter after Medusa was the actual last one, where you go to face hades (you don't), then they though Viridi's chapter would be the last, at that point with the introduction of Viridi, is clear that is not ending any time soon.

CassSept

Well, I didn't really think that way due to several reasons.

1. The game would have been too short had it ended after beating Medusa. Mostly because it wasn't derided for it's length and I bet that would have wound up in many topics.

2. Story being full of twists and turns is mentioned pretty much every time someone talks about the game

3. I knew about Hades existence because he was brought up tons of times over the last year, especially in SSB threads

Viridi did take me by surprise though, that's for sure. I'm also generally speaking about the entire beginning of the chapter. The huge battle by armies of men, I was amazed it was possible to pull off on 3DS. "Goddess of Nature" appears and suddenly boom, nuke! She turns out to be a malevolent deity bent on reorigination and mankind destruction! Pretty intriguing for now, she seems to be a next great villain but I guess for now that remains to be seen

Anteo

Well, I didn't really think that way due to several reasons.

1. The game would have been too short had it ended after beating Medusa. Mostly because it wasn't derided for it's length and I bet that would have wound up in many topics.

2. Story being full of twists and turns is mentioned pretty much every time someone talks about the game

3. I knew about Hades existence because he was brought up tons of times over the last year, especially in SSB threads

Viridi did take me by surprise though, that's for sure. I'm also generally speaking about the entire beginning of the chapter. The huge battle by armies of men, I was amazed it was possible to pull off on 3DS. "Goddess of Nature" appears and suddenly boom, nuke! She turns out to be a malevolent deity bent on reorigination and mankind destruction! Pretty intriguing for now, she seems to be a next great villain but I guess for now that remains to be seen

That chapter was amazing, and maybe you just didn't reconize Viridi's name in other threads because I'm sure a lot of people like her as much as Hades, I really want her to be in Brawl as anything, except a sticker.

It's funny you say that, I just triggered some of that post - completion easter egg dialog
where she says how nasty she is with her Claws
really makes me want to see her playable now but then making her Palutena's Red Team alt would be too good to pass up. That one mock up looked great.

Also, after waiting for them to show up on Nintendo Video, I finally broke down and saw the shorts on YouTube.
That sweet sweet fanservice.

CassSept

I can't hear you over all this awesome!

Another villain, what the hell. And I finally died for the first time, couldn't defend my centurions at all, I'm a terrible army leader :(

I can't hear you over all this awesome!

Another villain, what the hell. And I finally died for the first time, couldn't defend my centurions at all, I'm a terrible army leader :(
That level was super hard for me the first time as well. I think the first time I best it was at 3.5 difficulty and I couldn't defend my Centurions either. You just need a good ranged weapon (at least 3-4 stars with some Health and/or Overall Defense bonuses and it's pretty easy on the harder difficulties. Then again, I've barely been able to do anything over 7-8 difficulty.

Anteo

That level was super hard for me the first time as well. I think the first time I best it was at 3.5 difficulty and I couldn't defend my Centurions either. You just need a good ranged weapon (at least 3-4 stars with some Health and/or Overall Defense bonuses and it's pretty easy on the harder difficulties. Then again, I've barely been able to do anything over 7-8 difficulty.

The first time I got to that stage, I used Beam Claws. I just wanted to try them =(

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
hey so I'm trying to unlock the Boom Orbitars, which I read online is where you must finish Ch.25 in sub 15 minutes. Well I used a feather to unlock that tile and I got an idol instead:

hxClue1.jpg

Weird. Can someone else check their screen and look to see how they unlocked the Boom Orbitars?

hey so I'm trying to unlock the Boom Orbitars, which I read online is where you must finish Ch.25 in sub 15 minutes. Well I used a feather to unlock that tile and I got an idol instead:

hxClue1.jpg

Weird. Can someone else check their screen and look to see how they unlocked the Boom Orbitars?

Just checked. The Boom Orbitars are unlocked via Viridi's board by doing Chapter 25 within 15 minutes on any difficulty, the one you unlocked was the same thing but on 7.5 difficulty on Hades' board.

EDIT : Just earned the 7.5 difficulty achievement myself and I got the Knuckle Staff idol.

Just a reminder that tonight is FFA Friday. I suggest taking care of any personal business prior to 8pm as these things tend to last all night long.

Oh and btw Prinny

imagesCAZKXC6U_zps4a0d92af.jpg

Tonight... You...

Prinny

Just a reminder that tonight is FFA Friday. I suggest taking care of any personal business prior to 8pm as these things tend to last all night long.

Oh and btw Prinny

imagesCAZKXC6U_zps4a0d92af.jpg

Tonight... You...
So, did you win the last races yesterday today?

Ha, if only. Dange and Gospel had loads of fun taking me out right at the finish line of every race. It was like poetry... cruel, crushing poetry :'(
I'm so s
gl
ad to hear that.

EVH

This game, man. This fucking game.

I bought it during christmas because was tired of Mario Kart and didn't know what to buy. And fuck, right now is one of my favorite games ever. Such a great script - incredible that Sakurai wrote it by himself, this guy is crazy talented - , such an amount of content, hours of replay value...

Simply nuts. Every time I end playing, I think to myself that I want Kid Icarus here to stay and a second part maybe in the next handheld. Hope that Sakurai is on it because I'm sure there is no way that the hipotetical sequel could be better than this one.

Currently I'm trying to unlock all routes but I'm unable to finish any level in the hardest difficulty except the first one :(

I love the line in the chapter titled
Lightning Battle, when Palutena goes, "We may not have the best dental insurance, but justice is on our side!" and the music goes to the old school synth.

Seriously. I play the chapter all the time just to hear this line and music. It makes me go FUCK YEAH on the inside.
what's wrong with meeeee

Top Bottom