• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Jarsonot

They're manageable and have their own charm, it just creates an unnecessarily steep learning curve. The advantage of being able to rapidly spin and stop the camera is welcome, and as mu-chan, essential on higher difficulties, but it's still...weird.

Thinking about it, there's really no reason the controls couldn't adopt both methods: camera turning when the recital exists the bounding box, and fast turns with a flick of the stylus. Maybe they couldn't get the balance to work, or didn't try at all. I don't know.

I agree with what FoxHimself said in the op though: the ground controls will be the Achilles heel of the game.

I wonder if it has to do with the size of the screen? With wii games having a bounding box I'm sure SOMEONE on the development team thought of it. But if you have that box you'd be limited to aiming at a (large) portion of the screen, with the extreme sides turning the camera, right? Since enemies can come at you fairly close, from the sides, do you think you'd aim there and accidentally turn, causing more confusion?

Neiteio

Yeah, I think I'm gonna cave and order this in a few minutes... Haha, it's ridiculous how many times I've flip flopped on this decision the past 48 hours. All the hype and buzz is getting the best of me.

How many save files does the game have? Please don't say only one.
There are three save files.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wait, scanning the cards also adds the idol to the Idol Viewer so you don't have to unlock them in the idol toss, right? I want to fill out this game's "pokedex," and it seems the cards can help...
Ah, yes. I haven't looked at the collection before.

Effect

Might not mean anything but the game is up to #3 on the best sellers video game list on Amazon.com at the moment. I really do wish we had some preorder numbers for the game. Here's hoping it's a huge success for Nintendo.

Sadist

Box be packed mang

glbMO.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Got it! Thaz's one big ass box! But can not play it.... 3 hours of work to go trought! Gnnnhhhhhh....

Don't worry, those 3 hours will pass immediatly.

They'll never pass, bro. Never.

am i the only one who had problems opening the box? seriously i had atleast half an hour, maybe mine was glued or they forgot something? it simply would not open unless you ripped it in half. i gave it a couple of people to try. well now my box is busted.

glad i got it for free

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Anybody tested out the moving with control buttons and stylus in left hand for us left-handers? I imagine movement isn't nearly as fluid as it would be with the slide pad, but is the set-up at least acceptable?

I can't find a Circle Pad Pro.......

Sadist

am i the only one who had problems opening the box? seriously i had atleast half an hour, maybe mine was glued or they forgot something? it simply would not open unless you ripped it in half. i gave it a couple of people to try. well now my box is busted.

glad i got it for free
Haha, it's true though. The packaging of RE Revelations was about the same, but I used a scissor behind the lip of the packaging for a little nudge.

Chunky

Just got packs 8 o' AR cards. Those 1000 stars were just burning a hole in my e-pocket anyway

Also, does anyone else in the UK know, from past experience, if the fact I got Kid Icarus with super saver delivery mean I'm not getting it tomorrow? I know I got Xenoblade Day 1 from them, but I can't for the life of me remember the delivery option :/

Epic game is epic. I'm on Chapter 8 now, and it's still amazing -- probably even more so now.

This is really and truly a modern Star Fox 64, from top to bottom.

Jarsonot

Watched a couple of the play through videos, gotta force myself to stop - only 1 more day! =)

Looks pretty great though. I've got it preordered at GameStop but am thinking of getting it at Walmart tonight at midnight. Need it in my veins!

mu-chan

Neo Member
Got my copy, cleared the first two chapters.

As a left-handed player, I don't have any particular problem (using the stand). I feel like I'm fighting the camera a bit (my instinct is for a non-inverted control) but I'm not sure if you can flip it as I haven't checked yet. Game is fun, Japanese banter is amusing, Pit is a bit slow on the ground for my tastes but it's fine. Graphics look pretty polished. Feel like I haven't even scratched the surface yet, though.

As for Pit's ground speed, try any weapon with a speed modifier, especially claws. I have Raptor Claws with a +3 Speed modifier and I can finish the ground portion of Ch. 1 in 43 seconds.

Sadist

Yikes, I'll need to get used to the controls. It's better compared to the demo I played last year though.

Also, "G-FORCE IN MMMYYYYYYY FFFFFAAAAAAAACCCCCEEEE!!!"

Anybody tested out the moving with control buttons and stylus in left hand for us left-handers? I imagine movement isn't nearly as fluid as it would be with the slide pad, but is the set-up at least acceptable?

I can't find a Circle Pad Pro.......

I have a feeling it'll be serviceable for single player but we'll end up sucking in multiplayer :/

so does the 24 Ar Card pack hit any stores in the US tomorrow?

I wish Amazon.com had them up or I'll have to import for germany before something strange like SOLD OUT appears

kanugo

That's confirmed: I'm going to pick up the game tomorrow.

People who will buy it tomorrow: don't forget to register your game.

hatchx

Banned
I'm really surprised by the enemy types in this game. They are not generic at all, and each have their own specialty. A lot of time and effort went into this and oh god....the music. THE MUSIC!

Wait until you guys fight an intense boss fight, have a little bit of life left, and beat it and say 'oh yea!'. Such a good feeling.

Sinthetic

Controls are a bit weird, but I got used to them after 5 minutes. I am a very good gamer though, I can see people who aren't great having a lot of trouble with them.

Level 2 intensity was boring, so I bumped it up to 5 and had much more fun. I love those special rooms you can only access at certain intensity levels. This game is so packed with stuff, I'm going to get lost looking at Idols and reading about them and trying the weapons out in the practice room. I haven't even touched the fusion of weapons or anything and I'm overwhelmed at the content packed in.

Top Bottom