• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

mdsfx

I was having the same issue last night. I used to be decent at that game. I only played through arcade and was kind of just button mashing.
Honestly I just felt like KI2's inputs were dropping. It's like I couldn't get used to the pace of counter attacks. So many of tj's rolls just didn't register after blocking an attack

m23

I don't think I'm buying season 2 until they release the OST they promised. It makes no sense at all but that's that.

mdsfx

I don't think I'm buying season 2 until they release the OST they promised. It makes no sense at all but that's that.
Lol...No, I will not buy this car unless it comes with a paper map in the glovebox!!

Sorry. I'm looking forward to it also.

Siccness Omega

Neo Member
For a moment I though Tusk was part of season 2 at launch and I was all "huh? He wasn't even announced!" then I remembered that KI2 was released as well.

I'm crossing my fingers he's the next character announced. We need another grappler, and I'm hoping he's a quicker, but less damaging character than Thunder.

Repetitive and dull?

Why would anyone want that?

Personally I love the musical ultras. Just so much attention to detail in this game. I love how Jagos, Sabrewulfs, Thunders, Sadira and Spinals stage sound during Ultras :)

As of now, nope.

Ah well. Thanks anyway.

Every time I see this thread bumped, I hope it's because Killer Cuts is out... :(

Fun fact, it's not out yet.

Found more KI glitches if people are interested too :)
Super Sadira
Broken Dojo

.la1n

Oh Jesus, did IG break this game???

Nah, there's some questionable changes right now but won't really have any verdict on them until people have had a few months to marinate on the changes. IG has done a great job with the game for the most part.

mdsfx

In not trying to take credit away where it's due, as I am enjoying the hell out of it, but there have also been quite a few complaints regarding the animation and model quality. Im curious to see what changes we see by the 15th.

.la1n

In not trying to take credit away where it's due, as I am enjoying the hell out of it, but there have also been quite a few complaints regarding the animation and model quality. Im curious to see what changes we see by the 15th.

Ah yeah, I have some complaints about animation quality as well but I want to wait until the 15th and see what changes are made. Despite the hyperbole on the internet it isn't MK9 levels of bad animation.

mdsfx

Ah yeah, I have some complaints about animation quality as well but I want to wait until the 15th and see what changes are made. Despite the hyperbole on the internet it isn't MK9 levels of bad animation.
But MK9's animation was perfectly smooth and natural :)

I'm sure IG is busting their asses and I have a feeling they feel a bit rushed. It also may not help that they are developing and expanding upon someone else's work. I don't know how that works in the game developer world, but in design and engineering that can be an obstacle of its own.

.la1n

But MK9's animation was perfectly smooth and natural :)

I'm sure IG is busting their asses and I have a feeling they feel a bit rushed. It also may not help that they are developing and expanding upon someone else's work. I don't know how that works in the game developer world, but in design and engineering that can be an obstacle of its own.

What they have been able to accomplish in such a short time combined with learning another studio's code is nothing short of amazing. I can forgive some hiccups here and there if it means we get support now versus having to wait later for new content. A fighting game lives and dies based on support. Iron Galaxy has an amazing track record with fighting games and when I heard they were taking over it was great news. I have faith that even if things aren't completely smooth that they have the passion and dedication to offer support going forward.

While I am not necessarily a huge fan of everything they have done so far I can see the passion they have in the game. I feel like the changes so far have been for the better and if Maya is an example of how we can expect the rest of the season 2 cast to look then I am stoked. At the end of the day the game is still a ton of fun to play and really that's all I care about.

mdsfx

While I am not necessarily a huge fan of everything they have done so far I can see the passion they have in the game. I feel like the changes so far have been for the better and if Maya is an example of how we can expect the rest of the season 2 cast to look then I am stoked. At the end of the day the game is still a ton of fun to play and really that's all I care about.

I am having an absolute blast so far and cannot WAIT to see who's entering the ring next. Maya looks f*cking awesome.

I bought an Xbox one for this game. Some people think that's idiotic (including my wife), but the time i put in happily reliving the nostalgia of KI 1 & 2, paired with the excitement of the new KI makes it totally worth it for an old KI fan like myself.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I spent awhile in Training with TJ, went online and got into a match and forgot he wasn't actually selectable there.

Needless to say my brain was totally hardwired to him and I got murdered.

DrDogg

Are there any good TJ tutorials up yet?

I'm occupied with Smash 3DS and the last Dark Souls 2 DLC, but once both of those are out (next week), I'll be able to focus on KI articles again. My first order of business will be a tutorial/guide.

Top Bottom