• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Only two new characters to start with is a little disappointing to me.

Should've been four. But if they are not ready, they're not ready.

Jarlaxle

I thought to so too. Now I want a squid person...

1000px-Splatoon-Inkling_Render_001.png

Here ya go.

Sydle

Nothing yet. He's kinda a bonus character, so I'm sure they're focusing on the fully set stuff before they tackle him properly.

I think that blue silhouette is an updated Shadow Jago. The way his hand looks is really close to what Shadow Jago's hands look like in his intro sequence. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bit of a makeover, maybe even a different name (may as well call him Gargos, imo).

It would make sense to include him among the evil characters (at least it looks like a lot of the silhouettes are sinister) for the Rise of Ultratech theme for Season 2.

.la1n

So there were 7 more characters teased? I'd think that probably confirms shadow jago as one of them since season 2 is only eight characters.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Adam Isgreen @Ishmae1
@thedaysleepers We have some amazing things planned for Kim Wu and Tusk - they'll be worth the wait. =)

Aww yiss

Also jebailey says KI season 2 is 900p now

Timu

Adam Isgreen @Ishmae1
@thedaysleepers We have some amazing things planned for Kim Wu and Tusk - they'll be worth the wait. =)

Aww yiss

What???

I wonder when they're coming.

Also, 900p, whoa, didn't expect that, I just randomly guessed it would get a resolution increase.

I'm kinda disappointed in TJ's theme. I expected it to sound more like it did in his trailer. I'm sure it'll play in the beginning, but still. >.<

What is that big ass thing in the trailer! I must know. One of these characters has to be a grappler!

Also, I reallt hope Riptor doesn't actually look like that. :p

Adam Isgreen @Ishmae1

Aww yiss

But I can't wait that long! I need Kim Wu. :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I think that blue silhouette is an updated Shadow Jago. The way his hand looks is really close to what Shadow Jago's hands look like in his intro sequence. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a bit of a makeover, maybe even a different name (may as well call him Gargos, imo).

It would make sense to include him among the evil characters (at least it looks like a lot of the silhouettes are sinister) for the Rise of Ultratech theme for Season 2.

Yeah, could be. It's a pretty normal "Evil guy" comic book style pose, but putting Shago out there while they work on more complex characters wouldn't be a bad idea. Showing ARIA at the end does suggest 9 total characters shown, and I REALLY hope we don't get some goofy unplayable boss character (there really shouldn't be many fully unplayable bosses in fighters anymore.)

It'll be really nice to see how these things work out... and I really want to see if we get some accessories for Combo / Maya in the soon to be released S2 intro.

Sydle

Yeah, could be. It's a pretty normal "Evil guy" comic book style pose, but putting Shago out there while they work on more complex characters wouldn't be a bad idea. Showing ARIA at the end does suggest 9 total characters shown, and I REALLY hope we don't get some goofy unplayable boss character (there really shouldn't be many fully unplayable bosses in fighters anymore.)

It'll be really nice to see how these things work out... and I really want to see if we get some accessories for Combo / Maya in the soon to be released S2 intro.

I don't think Shago would just be a visual update. Keits said they had some crazy things planned for Shadow Jago, but he wouldn't say when they would update him.

DopeyFish

Having shago in january probably helps due to holiday time, since a lot of work is already done on him, they just need to gloss over the art assets and redo the move set

Timu

purple is def dat kim wu
If we go by this from Adam Isgreen on his Twitter account:

"Cinder, Tusk, Riptor, Kim Wu - TWO of these four characters are returning in S2 - close to last chance for your predictions!"

Then Kim Wu may be for next season.=O

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't think Shago would just be a visual update. Keits said they had some crazy things planned for Shadow Jago, but he wouldn't say when they would update him.

Yeah, I wasn't implying he'd just be a visual upgrade at all.

But since he already has a model and possibly some moves (even if just a few reused animations in the end), he'd be an easier, quicker thing to work than a crazy earth elemental or... whatever purple outline person ends up being.

Timu

Can somebody take a 720p screen cap of KI S1 and upscale it to 900p somehow?

I want to see the difference.
Since 900p will be native, a comparison will just make it look upscaled and not show real 900p. However it will be upscaled to 1080p so that's more interesting to see.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Great to see they upped the resolution even though 720p didn't bother me. I really hope Microsoft sorts out the TV/PC display when it comes to black levels. That's the only thing which bothers me in KI.

dankir

Nobody is excited about the Stage Ultras?? So each character should be getting their Ultimate combos soon too? No Mercy's maybe?

dankir

From official Microsoft PR release:

"UPDATE (10:43 AM PDT) – Thanks to a new press release from Microsoft, the figures hinted at in the trailer below can be confirmed as Riptor and Cinder, while the others are described simply as “an ancient Babylonian sorcerer, an avenging ghost, [and] a battle-hardened war golem.”

DopeyFish

"UPDATE (10:43 AM PDT) – Thanks to a new press release from Microsoft, the figures hinted at in the trailer below can be confirmed as Riptor and Cinder, while the others are described simply as “an ancient Babylonian sorcerer, an avenging ghost, [and] a battle-hardened war golem.”

so shago confirmed

Silky

Banned
More KI character hints:

Eight New Characters &#8211; Both Original and Returning: Longtime fans of the franchise will be happy to see that TJ Combo and Maya are joined by the cybernetic dinosaur Riptor and the blazing human effigy Cinder as playable characters this season. Along with the returning classics, all-new characters are coming to Killer Instinct: Season 2, including an ancient Babylonian sorcerer, an avenging ghost, a battle-hardened war golem, and more.

Sorcerer = NotAMummy
War Golem = TreeThing
Avenging Ghost = I think this is the Mask of Ancients, personified.

And these are all evil characters, supposedly since they work for Ultratech. Considering in Season 1 we had 3 Good, 3 Neutral, 2 Evil. That's gonna tip the scales a lot.

(Jago, Orchid, Thunder = Good. Glac, Spinal, Wulf = Neutral. Fulgore, Sadira = Evil.)

hwalker84

purple is def dat kim wu

No it's not. Only 4 returning characters this season. Since they tweeted before the trailer the two remaining characters are between (Cinder, Tusk, Kim Wu, and Riptor) and then showed Riptor and Cinder it's definitely not Kim.

An avenging ghost? War Golem? Please tell me more.

DopeyFish

Well he's already a character, unless the new version of him is a completely different character model, moveset etc. Otherwise it seems like a wasted space.

they have confirmed him having a new moveset since before he was released

they may just be making touches to him and releasing him as an added bonus to all Season 2 buyers

soooooo with that said... looks like this is the rough release schedule

Tomorrow - TJ Combo/Maya
November - NotaMummy
December - Riptor
January - Shadow Jago
February - War Golem
March - Avenging Ghost
April - Cinder
April/May - ARIA

DrDogg

Well, TJ's theme is awesome and I'm glad we got confirmation on the new ranking system. I'm guessing the War Golem is the "hard to master" character, but all of the new characters look interesting.

I'm disappointed we won't get Tusk or Kim Wu, especially since Maya is the only KI2 character I don't like. Although I may like her new play style, and as long as we get season three, I'm okay with waiting for Tusk and Kim Wu. They better be the first two releases though... or at least Tusk first.

Hopefully KI gets another Evo nod...

The only way I can see Tusk is that if they go for the Tusk/Maya marriage thing in regards to KI2. Which would fucking suck because Tusk is a fucking chump and Maya can do better, but it's definitely plausible.

I blame you for not getting Tusk this season... /cry

Phloxy

According to Dave Lang gonna be on the Gamespot Lobby today at 5 p.m EST.
also said they would be doing stuff with Giantbomb. Not sure if this was posted yet.

Top Bottom